PDA

View Full Version : I CANT FREAKIN WAIT.

Moon Rabbits
01-06-2009, 04:52 AM
What games are you excited for in '09 (or further)?

I'm pretty hyped for Ciellus, (http://www.ciellus.com/) even though nothing more than that website and a few screenshots have been released, something about the art style has me all in a tizzy.

Also, Ever Eternal Winter World 2 looks interesting. (http://www.silvernova.co.uk/projects/eeww2.png)

Now you.

Wolf Kanno
01-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Probably Street Fighter IV since I've been a fan of the series since the arcade days. I'm hoping the MegaTen team announces something soon. Beyond that, nothing really...SE no longer has anything in development I'm terribly ecstatic to see, I think I can wait for most of their games unless the Ivalice Team announces something that isn;t for the smurfing I-phone...

Konami would need to announce another sequel to Suikoden for me to give a damn (I know about that DS title but I'm hoping for a Suikoden VI) since I consider Metal Gear pretty much finished. Though another Zone of Enders would be nice. Hell, any non-MGS game by Kojima would be interesting.

Nintendo has nothing in the works though I'm hoping that Matsuno Wii project rumor comes true. Hell, I'm curious to see what the Xenosaga team will do with the Wii since Nintendo bought them out. Capcom is on another RE kick but they may announce a few interesting titles soon. I know the sequel to No More Heroes but god knows when it will be released. Still, there is the Phoenix Wright Opera...

Atlus will be where its at but Atlus doesn't really announce anything so I may have to go digging for some quality gems that have been overlooked by the masses. I'm curious about that new Nippon Ichi project starring the Prinnies from Disgaea though.

Dreddz
01-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Some of these are probably not coming out in 2009 but I can't wait nonetheless.

Deus Ex 3 (If this one is a PC exclusive I will be pissed!)
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Street Fighter IV
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake (more of a curiosity than general excitement)
Team Ico PS3 project
Final Fantasy XIII (oh come on, how could I not add this one?)
Tekken 6 (it still looks to be same old same old but if they fix the online I'm good for it)
God of War III
White Knight Chronicles
Madworld
Yakuza 3

This year looks to be pretty stellar.........for Sony at least. Microsoft and Nintendo better pull their fingers out and do something because they are about to get steam rolled by Sony.

Moon Rabbits
01-06-2009, 02:46 PM
GoWIII and Heavy Rain both are going to be soooooo fucking gooood.

Vyk
01-06-2009, 02:51 PM
The two BioWare projects I'm looking forward too. One of them is definitely coming to 360. The Dragon Age Origins one. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the KOTOR MMO made it there. I'd be really happy if it did. Otherwise I may have to update a computer. 'Cause I need that game :]

BioWare's little buddy, Obsidian has a project going on too. Alpha something. Seems interesting

I also can't wait for SF4 next month

I'm curious about Alan Wake too. Seems like an old school adventure game gone beautifully 3D so we'll see

And I guess FFXIII

As it stands 360 has quite a few good gems coming to its plate. So I'm not sure what that comment was about

Dreddz
01-06-2009, 03:04 PM
As it stands 360 has quite a few good gems coming to its plate. So I'm not sure what that comment was about
Oh 360 owners definitely have a lot to look forward too but its exclusive lineup is very poor compared to the PS3's.

escobert
01-06-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm hoping Guild Wars 2 comes out :p

Old Manus
01-06-2009, 03:41 PM
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT MOTHERFUCKING 3 (http://swbf3.de/include.php?path=comment/comment.php&comcat=cont&subid=101)

Madame Adequate
01-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Let's see here...

Deus Ex 3 (If this isn't PC exclusive I'm going to be pissed!)
Empire: Total War
I'm interested to see Red Faction Guerilla. If it does Geo-mod well, then that. If not, probably not.
Skate 2
Mafia 2 has my interest.
Resident Evil 5
Dawn of War II
Whatever the ICO guys are doing
Starcraft 2
Hearts of Iron 3
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Fight Night Round 4
FFXIII
Alan Wake
The Sims 3
Halo 3: ODST

Mmmm, think that about does it.

Momiji
01-06-2009, 04:35 PM
The only games that really get my attention these days are from Atlus. So probably any releases by them. :D

That is, unless NTSC-J Xbox 360s become much less expensive and a Mushihimesama Futari port and ESPGaluda 2 port fall out of thin air.

Jessweeee♪
01-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Dissidia
FFXIII
Trace Memory R
Gyakuten Kenji
GS5 (2009 or 2010?)

Momiji
01-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Oh, and I'm looking forward to the Milestone Ultimate Shooting Collection that comes out on the Wii later this month...unless it gets delayed again.

Wolf Kanno
01-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Oh, crap, I completely forgot about Dissidia!!! That's another title I'm looking forward to. :jess:

Nifleheim7
01-06-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm really excited for:
-Final Fantasy Dissidia
-White Knight Chronicles
-Resident Evil 5
-Tekken 6
-Gran Turismo 5(although it looks unlikely it'll be released before 2010)
-Heavy Rain
-Uncharted 2
-Flower(although right now i'm more curious than excited)
-Final Fantasy XIII (i really can't wait for the demo in March and yes i'm even prepared to pay for it...)
-Dragon Quest IX
-Monster Hunter 3

And most of all,i'm excited for the announcement of Team Ico's secret project (although i also don't expect it to be released before 2010) :/

kikimm
01-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I don't really know what's going on anymore with games, but I am super excited for both Resident Evil 5 and The Sims 3. :p

I am also still slightly curious about Alan Wake, as well. When I first saw screenshots or whatever, years ago, I got super excited, but since then I have heard nothing about it, and made no further attempts to find anything else about it, so the excitement isn't really there anymore. But I will probably check it out, I guess. At least read the back of the box somewhere.

Vermachtnis
01-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Right now, just Ar Tonelico 2. Now if we can get word that Mana Khemia 2 and/or Raidou 2.

Realm25
01-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Legends of Wrestlemania

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Slothy
01-07-2009, 12:37 AM

Deus Ex 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Team Ico PS3 project
God of War III
White Knight Chronicles

This plus Starcraft 2 about sums it up. Also, if Valve happens to put Episode 3 out this year then that.

Rocket Edge
01-07-2009, 01:20 AM
There's only a few games that I truely know I want, the rest i'm just either curious or don't know enough about. Anyway:

Final Fantasy XIII (Seriously can't wait)
Tekken 6 (For two reasons, I'm a massive fan, and also the DR Online is driving me bonkers 'cos I can't seem to connect online, so hopefully that will all be fixed up nicely)
White Knight Chronicles
Dragon Age: Origins
Starcraft II

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest looks interesting, but I might try and wait 'til I get my hands on a demo first or something.

Moon Rabbits
01-07-2009, 01:44 AM

Deus Ex 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Team Ico PS3 project
God of War III
White Knight Chronicles

This plus Starcraft 2 about sums it up. Also, if Valve happens to put Episode 3 out this year then that.

Ouuuuuuu I forgot Starcraft 2. I'm really hoping they manage to retain that "starcrafty" feel. I can't describe it any other way.

Vyk
01-07-2009, 01:44 AM
There's a demo for Conquest on XBox Live. I'd imagine PSN has one too

Rocket Edge
01-07-2009, 04:14 AM
Can't seem to find it unfortunatly. Here's to hoping that it comes to it in the very near future.

Levian
01-07-2009, 04:27 AM
RESEDENT EFIL!

I can't wait. I can't! I might travel to my sister's house and ditch school a few days just to play this together with her in her dark basement.

Bolivar
01-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Um, how about the best-looking console game to date KILLZONE 2!!!! I can't believe I'm the first one to mention this, seriously the EoFF boards get soooo oout of touch sometimes! (j/k kinda).

Dragon Quest V DS remake I'm really waiting on.
The Godfather 2... first one was addicting as hell
Drake's Fortune 2
possibly God of War... never tried the others
Red Alert 3 on the PS3 is probably gonna be done by then, hopefully it gets keyboard & mouse support (crosses fingers).
Unreal Tournament III expansion pack
DC Universe Online I'll be checking out
M*A*G hopefully will come out next year, that's gonna be revolutionary.
Damnation - seriously, everybody needs to check this game out, should be coming out on the 360 as well, it looks insaaaane.
Resistance Retribution
Mafia 2 is looking very impressive I must say.

black orb
01-07-2009, 09:31 PM
>>> Games i`d like to see in the near future..
NamcoxCapcom 2.
I dont really care about the rest.. oh yeah, I`d like to play Dissidia too.

Carl the Llama
01-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Im really looking forward to Aion Online, Templars looks smurfing amazeing

Dreddz
01-08-2009, 09:14 AM
>>> Games i`d like to see in the near future..
NamcoxCapcom 2
Oh hell yes. Only after they get off their asses and localize the original first though.

Rocket Edge
01-08-2009, 06:10 PM
seriously the EoFF boards get soooo oout of touch sometimes! (j/k kinda).
And your on a Final Fantasy board not looking foward to FFXIII? xD

Bolivar
01-08-2009, 07:12 PM
seriously the EoFF boards get soooo oout of touch sometimes! (j/k kinda).
And your on a Final Fantasy board not looking foward to FFXIII? xD

It's definately not coming out this year. Maybe for Japan, at the very end of 2009, but definately not for North America.

Slothy
01-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Um, how about the best-looking console game to date KILLZONE 2!!!! I can't believe I'm the first one to mention this, seriously the EoFF boards get soooo oout of touch sometimes! (j/k kinda).

Dragon Quest V DS remake I'm really waiting on.
The Godfather 2... first one was addicting as hell
Drake's Fortune 2
possibly God of War... never tried the others
Red Alert 3 on the PS3 is probably gonna be done by then, hopefully it gets keyboard & mouse support (crosses fingers).
Unreal Tournament III expansion pack
DC Universe Online I'll be checking out
M*A*G hopefully will come out next year, that's gonna be revolutionary.
Damnation - seriously, everybody needs to check this game out, should be coming out on the 360 as well, it looks insaaaane.
Resistance Retribution
Mafia 2 is looking very impressive I must say.

KZ2 is a big question mark for me. The first was just too ambitious graphically for the PS2. The gameplay was decent enough but things just kind of chugged too often. Assuming they don't have the same problem this time around I may get it.

I also completely forgot about Uncharted 2. Give me a sequel to one of the best games of 2007 anyday.

Bolivar
01-08-2009, 09:37 PM
^ Yeah, the failed promises from the first Killzone are notorious and quite frankly make me a little scared about the next one. Reviews from the open multiplayer beta, however, have been some of the most enthusiastic ones I've heard in a long time.

Dreddz
01-08-2009, 11:23 PM
The first was notorious for its glitches and bugs and from what I have heard Killzone 2 is running silky smooth. I guess I'm also interested in the title somewhat. Although my first priority in Feburary is Street Fighter IV if I have the cash I may fork out and buy Killzone 2 as well.

Just remembered King of Fighters XII as well. That game will be boss.

Depression Moon
01-08-2009, 11:57 PM
I don't really want to say that I'm looking forward to any of them as I still probably won't possess a next-gen system this year either, but if I had a PS3 I would want Street Fighter IV, Brutal Legend, Heavy Rain, and Tekken 6. If I had a Wii it would be Punch-Out.

Shoeberto
01-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Is Diablo 3 supposed to hit in '09? Then that for sure
- The Conduit
- Mad World
- House of the Dead Overkill
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Half-life 2 Episode 3
- Brutal Legend
- Monster Hunter 3

Moon Rabbits
01-09-2009, 12:52 AM
I forgot about Mad World, too! That's definitely at the top of my Can't-Wait-For Wii games list ... my Wii is so woefully unused, hopefully that will help out.

Vermachtnis
01-09-2009, 01:38 AM

I gotta add that as well. And Maximum Impact 3.

LunarWeaver
01-09-2009, 03:07 AM
A bunch, but my number one focus is Resident Evil 5. It's going to be so hard, but sooo good. Which is why it's sexually attractive.

Madame Adequate
01-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Crazy first few months this year =O Best first quarter for video games EVER? | GamesRadar (http://www.gamesradar.com/f/best-first-quarter-for-video-games-ever/a-20090109101355581024) And yes, I want quite a few of those ;[

Wolf Kanno
01-12-2009, 08:28 PM

I gotta add that as well. And Maximum Impact 3.

I will second both of these. Thank you SNK... :D

Bolivar
01-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Is Diablo 3 supposed to hit in '09? Then that for sure

Completely forgot about that one, but I think it might be done by the end of the year. If so, D3 is going to be a big, big game.

ThundagAuron
01-16-2009, 10:46 PM

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Team Ico PS3 project

QFT. The Team ICO one will be something else, as always.