PDA

View Full Version : How dangerous is your workplace?

Agrias
01-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Mine is really dangerous. I got bit today while trying to break up two dogs fighting. The mut shoved his canine tooth in between my middle and ring knuckles on my right hand...Now its all bandagedup and i cant use my right hand prperly,so my typinf is atrocious!

So tell me eoff, how dangerous is YOUR workplace?

Araciel
01-06-2009, 05:02 AM
I work in an office. And I do nothing but sit at a computer. I get buttpain from sitting too long.

Jiro
01-06-2009, 05:23 AM
I "work" as a football referee, so it's not too bad. However, I get muscle fatigue and heatstroke from running around for around 6 hours in the middle of hot days and there's plenty of holes in the ground to trip over. And there's the chance of players, spectators or coaches trying to beat you down, which is never fun.

Cuchulainn
01-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Very. I work in an office with a girl called Amanda who's idea of an adequate sanitary fix is to throw pens up there as a plug. Word is she's moved on to staplers. I can't find my phone.

Moon Rabbits
01-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Very. I work in an office with a girl called Amanda who's idea of an adequate sanitary fix is to throw pens up there as a plug. Word is she's moved on to staplers. I can't find my phone.

O_O"

I am unemployed so my workplace is the safest of them allllllll~

Miriel
01-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I shoot people for a living.

Flying Mullet
01-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I work from home so I try to keep it as dangerous as possible.

Peegee
01-06-2009, 05:49 PM
I shoot people for a living.

Too easy.

I spend my day braindead and unmotivated. Sometimes I wake up just in time to do something an AI computer could do about 1.25 times faster.

Whoopie do.

I need to invent a fake job to tell girls about. I work at IBM on the coffee brigade.

Del Murder
01-06-2009, 05:55 PM
At my workplace I once received a head injury that caused me to bleed all over the floor. Very dangerous.

Shorty
01-06-2009, 06:09 PM
I endanger others in my workplace because when I get angry from being yelled at on the phone, I tend to throw things.

Deborah
01-06-2009, 07:33 PM
A few years ago I worked at Target...I was hit by an obese woman who wanted discount shoes. Oh and that's not even one of my best stories from there. :p

Flying Mullet
01-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Did you tell her this isn't Wal Mart?

Deborah
01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
No, I told her, Just because one shoe on the whole row is on clearance doesn't mean they all are!

I've also been hit with many shopping carts on Black Friday, and the fights that people have over $1 barbies, and hotwheels, is insane! I've seen a lot of punches!

Also, be warned in dressing rooms, how many times people would pee and poop in them was insane. At least once a month someone would try on pants, pee in them and then leave them on the floor. SOOOOO GROSS! Especially girls changing their tampons and leaving them in there. The bathroom isn't that far!

Tama2
01-06-2009, 09:45 PM
This job I can fall of a ladder and/or be crushed by by an awning. : D

My last job was worse.

(Posts picture of a man that got pulled into a lathe)

It's a terrible death. : [

Zeldy
01-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Funnily enough, I fell down the stairs at work today! Although I stopped myself before I actually fell, twatted my elbow on the rail and landed on the corner of the step with my leg, it's all red and bruised!

It's not dangerous, I'm always getting all sorts of cuts and scratches though. Removing cubes from hangers really knackers your hands, falling down stairs doesn't help.

Yar
01-06-2009, 09:55 PM
I am unemployed so my workplace is the safest of them allllllll~Me too. :(

My ex-workplace had a whole bunch of poisonous chemicals and heavy machinery, though! :Eek:

I hated that job. I'd rather be unemployed.

Agrias
01-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I'd laugh my bumholio off if someone came in here and was like "I'm a stripper..Its hard work ya know? Showing off your cahones can lead to some serious trouble with costumers.." HAHAHAH!!!

Caraliz
01-07-2009, 06:42 AM
One time, at work at JC Penney's, I tore my nail right off my finger. I had to get "first aid" which was a bandaid and some rubbing alcohol.

They shouldn't make edges so pointy. :(

Cloudane
01-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Depends on how many people piddle me off and whether I have my knife on me :tonberry:

H&S keep saying that dumping PC cases and things on the floor (IT dept.) is a bit of a no-no, but generally speaking it's safe enough here.

Loony BoB
01-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm a stock controller for the IT department of a large company, so if anything there's the constant lifting of heavy equipment that I have to do. The H&S tour of our warehouse today revealed we work in terribly cold conditions when over there (which is no news to me, it's a freezer there). Overall the worst I've suffered is simply dropping extremely heavy equipment on my finger or something, though. That hurts a lot. :(

Fonzie
01-07-2009, 01:57 PM
I fell inbetween two freezers the other day.

Good times.

Cuchulainn
01-07-2009, 02:35 PM
I fell inbetween two freezers the other day.

Good times.

I am finding that ridiculously hilarious right now.

black orb
01-07-2009, 06:15 PM
>>> Well you could say that my work is drawing or sitting in front of the computer for hours. Aside from ruining my fingers and eyesight, there is nothing dangerous about that.

Rocket Edge
01-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Nothing to dangerous about working in a DIY shop, although a 120KG bag of peat fell on my head the other day.

Agrias
01-07-2009, 08:57 PM
:O
Did you eyes shrink into your head at impact, allowing you to see your own brain????

RoxasLeonhart
01-07-2009, 09:04 PM
n 2 dangerous was very boring

Leeza
01-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I once dropped a can of WD-40 on my toes. That really hurt. And one time one of the residents road (rolled?) over my foot with her wheelchair. Sometimes my work cat nibbles on my nose. :cat:

kikimm
01-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Not really dangerous. Like others, mostly just the risk of throwing out your back or something lifting heavy objects, slipping on a wet floor, or a ladder falling while I'm on top of it.

However, I guess there is a pretty good risk of being robbed. I work at In-N-Out, and our stores get robbed preeeeeeeetty often. :-/ Lame people.

Sephex
01-08-2009, 03:20 AM
I could get crushed to death in multiple ways. Although I work with a computer mostly, I do tend to travel around the shop floor and office a lot since I have to take care of other various tasks (I program a laser mainly. Yes, I am being serious). Besides being crushed, I could...

*Impaled by forklift
*Burned by welding equipment
*Impaled by long, heavy sheets of steel
*Get stabbed in varoius ways due to sharpness of steel parts
*Lose a match against Scorpion in Mortal Kombat

The Man
01-08-2009, 05:21 AM
I get papercuts. Woe is me.

Shlup
01-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Fights happen almost daily where I work. Yesterday there were three. Middle schoolers may not seem scary, but a couple weeks ago one of the cafeteria ladies got punched in the face!

And last year we had a lock down once, but the gun turned out to be an airsoft.

Quindiana Jones
01-08-2009, 03:55 PM
I work as a bodyguard for Mugabe.

Seriousness aside, the worst that could happen to me is if I fall off a ladder or down the stairs, or if something falls on me. Or if a customer throttles me.

Cyric
01-09-2009, 05:37 AM
Is it THIS dangerous? MWA-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Canadian WSIB (Workplace Safety and Insurance Board) commercials ftw...The first time I saw this commercial, I was sitting at the bar eating some chicken wings, and my jaw just dropped at the end...Probably because the volume wasn't turned up so I thought it was an actual restaurant commercial...

(be prepared for some graphic stuff)
YouTube - The Chef - WSIB Workplace Safety Ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN2gpRcFKAQ)

escobert
01-09-2009, 07:40 AM
knives and hot stoves can be a hazard!

Quindiana Jones
01-09-2009, 09:34 AM
If she knew it was gonna happen the silly cow shouldn't have done it.

Cuchulainn
01-09-2009, 10:14 AM
I get papercuts. Woe is me.

Man, don't belittle those. Those things STING.

Cloudane
01-09-2009, 07:20 PM
They do when you dip them in tabasco.

Rocket Edge
01-09-2009, 07:59 PM
:O
Did you eyes shrink into your head at impact, allowing you to see your own brain????
My eyes did shrink into my head at impact, but the incident was quickly laughed off by my Latvian co-worker who complained he'd had worse, so I just sucked it up.

I once dropped a can of WD-40 on my toes. That really hurt. And one time one of the residents road (rolled?) over my foot with her wheelchair. Sometimes my work cat nibbles on my nose. :cat:
WD-40: The greatest thing to ever happen to a mechanic, according to my dad.