PDA

View Full Version : Release Date Update!

Freya
01-06-2009, 06:19 AM
Oie so I bought a gameinformer... cause well yeah I'm a gamer and a journalism geek put them together.... magazine...

Final Fantasy XIII Release Update

We're hearing that the release date for Final Fantasy XIII is starting to come into view. Square Enix plans to bring the game out in Japan during the 2009 holiday season, with a U.S. release sometime in 2010. This could be as early as summer 2010 or as late as holiday 2010.

It wont be too long seeing as it's 2009 now! Hopefully we'll get more info soon on the release date but that's what I got now. :)

qwertysaur
01-06-2009, 06:20 AM
I want it sooner. But hopefully they will take the proper time to make it amazing!

Wolf Kanno
01-06-2009, 06:43 AM
2010 doesn't seem that far off. I may be more interested once its released in Japan and we get flooded with info.

Gilghamut
01-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Hmmm....2010, eh? I'll seriously think of importing if that ends up being true. And no, I don't know how to read Japanese.

Jessweeee♪
01-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh well...the longer it takes for Versus to come out, the longer I have to save for a PS3 :p

Purunyuu~~
01-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Perfect timing. By that time I should have enough money to buy a PS3. Yay!

Shlup
01-08-2009, 05:22 AM
But I want it nooooooow! *whines*

It's probably the only game I'll ever have for 360 other than the Rock Bands.

Madame Adequate
01-08-2009, 02:21 PM
GODDAMN JAPS :mad2:

Nifleheim7
01-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Although the hotly anticipated RPG from Square Enix will be released in Japan this year, the rest of the world will have to wait until Square Enix's business year after next, president Yoichi Wada stated today. That means the global release of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII won't happen until at least April 2010.

Gee,thanks microsoft.:rolleyes2

scrumpleberry
01-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Although the hotly anticipated RPG from Square Enix will be released in Japan this year, the rest of the world will have to wait until Square Enix's business year after next, president Yoichi Wada stated today. That means the global release of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII won't happen until at least April 2010.

Gee,thanks microsoft.:rolleyes2

Customer service if ever I saw it :heart:

FFIX Choco Boy
01-18-2009, 01:53 AM
I'll probably get the Japanese version, I'm taking Japanese classes now so I'll be able to read a bit by that time.

Cyric
01-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Although the hotly anticipated RPG from Square Enix will be released in Japan this year, the rest of the world will have to wait until Square Enix's business year after next, president Yoichi Wada stated today. That means the global release of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII won't happen until at least April 2010.Gee,thanks microsoft.:rolleyes2

So, you're saying that it's good company policy to completely screw over a fan-base that has stayed loyal to Final Fantasy throughout the past 20 years, just so you can allow people who didn't care about the franchise to begin with, to play the game on a 360? Because we ALL know that if you TRULY cared about Final Fantasy, you would've bought a PS3.

Oh well, I'm going to be looking to get an international version, or anything that keeps the japanese voices but has english subtitles.

The Turk
01-19-2009, 12:54 AM
This is terrible news! Delayed until 2010, what?!

I long for the days when they used to release one every year or every two years. You may argue that you're waiting for a better game rather than a rushed one but VII, VIII, IX and X came out roughly within a year of each other and on the whole they delivered and imo the worst FF, XII, was the one that we had to wait the longest for.

What they should have done was release this on the PS3 as planned and delayed the 360 version. Xbox owners wouldn't have minded the wait as it was only recently that the game was announced for their console. So rather than be annoyed at waiting longer they would still be rubbing the fact they are getting the game too in Playstation 3 owners face's.

Laddy
01-19-2009, 01:07 AM
I don't take it with a grain of salt.

Nifleheim7
01-19-2009, 09:43 AM
What they should have done was release this on the PS3 as planned and delayed the 360 version. Xbox owners wouldn't have minded the wait as it was only recently that the game was announced for their console. So rather than be annoyed at waiting longer they would still be rubbing the fact they are getting the game too in Playstation 3 owners face's.

The Microsoft deal probably wasn't only about FFXIII coming to 360 but also about the game being released at the same date on both 360 and PS3 in the west.If they have offered enough money,SE could not turn them down only to please their Sony fans...
I think Microsoft proved many times in the past that they have enough money in order to steal Sony's bread right out from their mouths.

I'm sure the 360 version will sell terribly though when compared to the PS3 version.But i'm sure MS knows this and they don't have high expectations atm.I think its a move that aims more at the future of the franchise and the relationship between SE and MS.

Karellen
01-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Yikes, and I thought this Us and Them stuff was over with.

Levian
01-19-2009, 10:38 AM
dear gawd. I have to wait this long for a game that might suck as much as FF12? I'll probably be dead by the time FFXIV comes out.

They should go back to cranking them out as quickly as FFVII to FFX. 4 main series games in 5 years.

trancekuja
01-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Damn...I don't even want to think about date of European release...We Euro scum are always last to get it! Smurfin' Japan has all the fun...:mad2:

scrumpleberry
01-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Although the hotly anticipated RPG from Square Enix will be released in Japan this year, the rest of the world will have to wait until Square Enix's business year after next, president Yoichi Wada stated today. That means the global release of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Final Fantasy XIII won't happen until at least April 2010.Gee,thanks microsoft.:rolleyes2

So, you're saying that it's good company policy to completely screw over a fan-base that has stayed loyal to Final Fantasy throughout the past 20 years, just so you can allow people who didn't care about the franchise to begin with, to play the game on a 360? Because we ALL know that if you TRULY cared about Final Fantasy, you would've bought a PS3.

Oh well, I'm going to be looking to get an international version, or anything that keeps the japanese voices but has english subtitles.

Sarcasm.

Necronopticous
01-19-2009, 06:41 PM
I bought a gameinformer... cause well yeah I'm a gamer and a journalism geek put them together.... magazine...Calling what's inside a Game Informer magazine journalism is a stretch.

Cyric
01-19-2009, 08:44 PM

Sarcasm.

The heart icon threw me off.

Gilghamut
01-20-2009, 04:06 AM
The Advent Children Complete + FFXIII Demo has a release date of 4/16. Pre-Orders are available now. I've got mine pre-ordered on Play-Asia.com

Goldenboko
01-20-2009, 10:49 PM

Even some loyal PS2 players (such as I) have migrated to the 360. I care about the franchise, I've played all the main series games, yet the game would be unavailable to me unless it came out on the 360.

I don't have to buy a PS3 to stay "loyal" to the Final Fantasy franchise, especially considering how grossly overpriced it was at the beginning of the new generation consoles compared to the others.

Rostum
01-20-2009, 11:47 PM
I don't have to buy a PS3 to stay "loyal" to the Final Fantasy franchise, especially considering how grossly overpriced it was at the beginning of the new generation consoles compared to the others.

Not to mention the fact that Final Fantasy started off on Nintendo, and are still being made for Nintendo (see Final Fantasy III/IV DS and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles); it doesn't need to stay on one console, and it's ludicrous to say that you'd have to be 'loyal' to one.

However, I have yet to make the jump into the next generation (discluding my girlfriend's Wii). So it is undecided whether I'll end up with a PS3 or an Xbox360. And I don't even have a Blu-Ray player yet (got the HDTV), so I am not sure I'll even bother pre-ordering Advent Children.

Nifleheim7
01-21-2009, 01:14 PM
The Advent Children Complete + FFXIII Demo has a release date of 4/16. Pre-Orders are available now. I've got mine pre-ordered on Play-Asia.com

Me too!
Although my PS3 will probably not be able to play the movie...:(

Gilghamut
01-21-2009, 02:34 PM

Me too!

Actually, we might be able to. According to this Blu-ray Disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#Region_codes) If you live in America, like I do, we share the same Blu-Ray movie region with Japan, so we should be able to watch Advent Children Complete (JPN version). We'll know for sure come April. :)

Nifleheim7
01-21-2009, 03:20 PM

Me too!

Actually, we might be able to. According to this Blu-ray Disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#Region_codes) If you live in America, like I do, we share the same Blu-Ray movie region with Japan, so we should be able to watch Advent Children Complete (JPN version). We'll know for sure come April. :)

I live in Europe...:(
My only hope is the movie to be region free but i'm not holding my breath.Frankly i ordered it mostly for the demo.I know it's stupid of me to pay that kind of money just for that but i couldn't resist.:whimper:
Evil Square-Enix!!

Gilghamut
01-22-2009, 05:14 AM
Ah, that sucks. According to Wikipedia, Europe doesn't fall under the same region as Japan and North America, so the imported Advent Children won't play then. But the demo should be fine. I couldn't resist either, waiting over a year for a possible translated demo+the actual full game. Couldn't stop myself. I don't think it's stupid to get a taste of what's to come. :)

Rase
01-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Meh, maybe by the time it comes out Square will have convinced me that it's worth caring about.

alice.thomas222
06-26-2010, 09:36 AM
(The Advent Children Complete + FFXIII Demo has a release date of 4/16. Pre-Orders are available now. I've got mine pre-ordered on Play-Asia.com)

how much its cost
i want to buy one.

Levian
06-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Don't revive old threads, alice.thomas222. thanks!

FFXIII is out, so you wouldn't need the demo anyway! I'm sure Advent Children is available on most web shops. Try ebay or amazon.