PDA

View Full Version : I have the coolest class....EVAR!!!!

Bahamut2000X
01-06-2009, 10:51 PM
So my college offers a class which I am taking this quarter. The class? Storytelling for Video Games.

Taught by a professional from the industry of over 15 years who teaches us how to design and present game ideas as they do in the industry. And then we discuss story telling as it's done in games and what makes for a good way to combine storytelling and game play, and as projects we have to design our own video games (on paper) with characters, basic stories, and even level designing.

Yes it is a glorious class.

So then what have been the coolest and most fun classes you've taken?

Flying Mullet
01-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Sounds like it could be very cool. :)

The coolest class I took was scuba diving in college, PADI certification and all.

Jessweeee♪
01-06-2009, 11:11 PM
That sounds cooler than that Super Smash Brothers course o:

rubah
01-06-2009, 11:14 PM
one of me and stu's friends is taking a class on MMOs.

I'll probably take some fun flight or nuclear energy classes eventually, but it'll be a while

Rantz
01-06-2009, 11:22 PM
My cognition class was great. The teacher was very eccentric and did things his own way, which led to some complications. But he was very inspiring and managed to make everything more interesting than it would normally be.

Rye
01-06-2009, 11:27 PM
I really enjoyed Japanese 101 that I took last semester, and my British Literature class that spanned literature from the late 1800s to the early 1900s. They were neat. I also really enjoyed my Psychology class.

I'm really hyped for my Sociology of Family Life class that I'm taking this coming semester, and my Psychology of Learning class that I need to take for my education credits.

Værn
01-06-2009, 11:38 PM
CAD class, just because there was so much free time to mess around =^_^=

Yar
01-06-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm saying German class so STFU 'cause that class was great we had Essenfete once a month plus we learned German. :D

Rye
01-06-2009, 11:45 PM
I want to take German. That's mostly because I want to LIVE in Germany. ;;

Yar
01-06-2009, 11:46 PM
I want to take German. That's mostly because I want to LIVE in Germany. ;;:Eek: I want to go there but maybe not necessarily live there. I hear it's a really clean place, though. My grandmother's a German import and she's been saying that she was going to take us there for like ten years now. -.- :monster:

Levian
01-06-2009, 11:50 PM
I had an accounting class that was pretty cool last year since we actually got to do something that wasn't reading, listening and taking notes.

and this year I have a web page making class, which I suspect will be awesome :D

and then there's the How To Adapt Projective Vomiting Into A Deadly Weapon class. Apparently the main trick is to swallow whole carrots.

Rye
01-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Oh! I almost forgot. I took a one hour master class when I visited a college in Stage Fighting, so I learned how to punch and slap and fight like the actors in the movies. xD

Madame Adequate
01-06-2009, 11:58 PM
Best class I ever heard of was this:

Utopia, Apocalypse, and Science Fiction
In this course, we will examine the history of utopian and apocalyptic texts from their beginnings in Plato's Republic and the Bible to contemporary science fiction novels.

Rye's college. Would give a testicle for it. :(

Miriel
01-06-2009, 11:59 PM
I took a PoliSci class with a Professor who had worked for the Barack Obama campaign since the beginning of Obama's bid for the Presidency. He gave us a lot of really great insight into Presidential campaigns and brought in some political heavy weights as guest speakers. He was also on TV! I was watching the Democratic National Convention and my Professor was right in the front, waving his hands and I was like, "omg, that's my Professor!" He's been offered a small role in Obama's future white house staff. :)

Really really interesting stuff. And if I were more interested in politics, that class would have been invaluable. The Professor is known for helping students get placed in various local and national campaigns or jobs assisting senators and congressmen/women.

I also took a TV symposium where every week, we would screen a television show and then have the directors/writers/actors come and talk about the show. The semester I took it, we had the cast and creator of Heroes come on. The class has also featured the cast/crew from The Simpsons, Prison Break, Pushing Daisies, Mad Men, etc etc. My University also offered a film version of the class, but I never got to take that one. FYI: the writers who came to talk to us from The Simpsons were dicks.

Rye
01-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Why don't you go ask Afroboy about it, while he plots to steal me from you to have a Ricky Astley white wedding, Hux. :aimkiss:

o_O
01-07-2009, 12:05 AM
I took a class in my third year, which basically taught us how to hack. That was fun in a nerdy kind of way. :p

Denmark
01-07-2009, 12:10 AM
I took a class in my third year, which basically taught us how to hack. That was fun in a nerdy kind of way. :p

Computer Science III?

My most fun class so far has been Electronic Circuits (and its accompanying lab) because I am a huge nerd.

My Psych major roommate took a class last semester where apparently all they did was listen to music.

Meat Puppet
01-07-2009, 12:11 AM
I once took a class called how to roll like a homie

I Took the Red Pill
01-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Classical and Scriptural Backgrounds in English was great because the professor was so animated. You'll never see someone get more excited over Plato, Virgil, and the Bible. Tough class though.

NeoTifa
01-07-2009, 02:52 AM
So far... java :( I am taking drawing 1 this quarter, but today was only the first day :p

Crimson
01-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Im taking A Japanese Language Course and Gaming Design at College, it rules.

*Omega Peach*
05-17-2009, 10:23 PM
very cool! I had tv production and cooking this year. very fun :peach:

Rantz
05-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Please don't revive old threads, Omega Peach. Start a new thread if you want to revitalise the discussion on the topic matter.