PDA

View Full Version : Broken Social Scene

Cleric
01-07-2009, 05:12 PM
So, I just discovered them the other day and I love, love, love this song:
YouTube - broken social scene-Anthems For A Seventeen-Year-Old Girl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl3PyTqsc5c)

So I was wondering if anyone else listens to them/can recommend any other songs because I am interested in hearing some more.

Flying Mullet
01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
It kind of reminds me of Bjork.

Rantz
01-07-2009, 06:06 PM
I love BSS. 7/4 (Shoreline) is my favourite of their songs, I think.

charliepanayi
01-07-2009, 09:26 PM
So, I just discovered them the other day and I love, love, love this song:
YouTube - broken social scene-Anthems For A Seventeen-Year-Old Girl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl3PyTqsc5c)

So I was wondering if anyone else listens to them/can recommend any other songs because I am interested in hearing some more.

Broken Social Scene are brilliant - I'd say just listen to their albums You Forgot It In People (Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl is on that one) and Broken Social Scene as both are great. If you're just looking to listen to certain songs, then Lover's Spit, Ibi Dreams of Pavement (A Better Day), KC Accidental and the awesome 10 minute-long It's All Gonna Break are all well worth hearing.

But yeah, great band, hope they return at some point. Some of the individual member's solo work is good too (e.g. Feist, Kevin Drew)

Moon Rabbits
01-07-2009, 09:58 PM

Don't disgrace Bjork!

But yeah, I like BSS. Rep'n the GTA, yo.

Cleric
01-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Broken Social Scene are brilliant - I'd say just listen to their albums You Forgot It In People (Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl is on that one) and Broken Social Scene as both are great. If you're just looking to listen to certain songs, then Lover's Spit, Ibi Dreams of Pavement (A Better Day), KC Accidental and the awesome 10 minute-long It's All Gonna Break are all well worth hearing.

But yeah, great band, hope they return at some point. Some of the individual member's solo work is good too (e.g. Feist, Kevin Drew)

Yeah I really like Feist a lot, although not mas much as Broken Social Scene

Don't disgrace Bjork!

Amen. She is the shizz

41-Inches-Wide
01-09-2009, 05:30 PM
The only one I like and have sincerely listened to until the end is Lover's Spit

Cleric
01-10-2009, 03:34 AM
That's a good one. I'm still your f*g is one of my fav. songs too. I really am getting more and more into this band.

Caraliz
01-10-2009, 05:09 AM
BSS is amazing. The song I think everyone might have heard is "Hotel" as it's played sometimes as background music for tv shows. Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl is my favorite song, and the first one I heard. Backyards and Swimmers and Lover's Spit are pretty close contenders... and Hotel, of course.

Oh! And Fire Eye'd Boy. 7/4 shoreline was their single but I really don't know why, as it is one of their weaker songs, imo. They do some kinda weird ambient stuff sometimes.

I heard Feist and Emily Haines played with them... Emily Haines is always an amazing artist to listen to. Her album with The Soft Skeleton is one of my favorites. Feist's second album is one I like better than her first... I don't know why I always think stuff like that.

Kalen
01-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I saw them here in KC. Super fun.8-)