PDA

View Full Version : Wiegraf's a jerk..

whatevvs_yyevol
01-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I did the whole "equip Ramza with a gun thing" in the one-on-one. It totally didn't work. He dominated me faster than what he did when I had Ramza as a knight. What am I doing wrong?

Flying Mullet
01-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Ha ha, welcome to the hardest battle of FFT, hands down. In the past, I usually use a Ninja with Auto Potion and try to deal enough damage before I die.

whatevvs_yyevol
01-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Gahh. That figures.
Ninja is one of the jobs I haven't mastered for Ramza.
The closest I came was having him a squire with White Magicks.
But I've yet to beat him..and this is the second time i've restarted this game.

Flying Mullet
01-07-2009, 10:03 PM
In case you didn't know, Auto Potion uses the weakest potion you have in your inventory. Thus if you can buy Hi-Potions, you should dump/sell all of your Potions so you are guaranteed to use Hi-Potions when the Auto Potion ability activates.

LunarWeaver
01-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Hmm. Is this the fight I just walked around for 45 minutes, using some skill that improved my attack until it was so ridiculously high he didn't stand a chance? I think it was a Squire skill or something. You know, it's been so long I have no idea. Everyone shun me please.

Flying Mullet
01-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Accumulate? (http://www.eyesonff.com/fft/abilities.php)

Slothy
01-07-2009, 11:14 PM
You know, I haven't made it through War of the Lions yet so it's been several years since I finished the game, but I don't recall this fight at all which leads me to believe it didn't give me much trouble. The fight immediately after with Belias was much worse if you ask me. To the point that I leveled so much to beat him that I never had to stop and level again for the rest of the game.

LunarWeaver
01-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Accumulate? (http://www.eyesonff.com/fft/abilities.php)

Yeah! :heart: I walked the farthest distance away, used Accumulate, walked away, used Accumulate, etc. I did it so many times that I decimated him. It was cheap and tedious, though.

ShadowX
01-08-2009, 12:34 AM
You know there is a strategic way with certain armor that can get you past the one on one without a problem every time as almost any class with Ramza. But of course I don't remember it XP. The real hard part is getting through Belias without losing anyone.

But if you think that's hard try playing that battle on the FFT 1.3 hack o.0.

Flying Mullet
01-08-2009, 12:46 AM
I always thought Belias was easier than Weigraf. xD

ShadowX
01-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Yeah but if you use the equips to help you beat Wiegraf Ramza's stats are all ****'d up and he's very vulnerable.

Edit: I remembered the items were a Chameleon Robe and Feather Boots then he can't hit you as hard and hopefully you're the right class. I was a knight with Two Swords I think...

01-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Oh hey, that was the fight that convinced me I didn't feel like putting the effort into a second playthrough after all. I remember trying the accumulate thing, but I couldn't outrun him long enough. I remember taking monks and casters who had ways to hit wiegraf through the wall. Still nothin. Plus I was cheating with savestates. After a few tries I decided I didn't care enough to grind in random battles until I mastered whatever skill I was going to try next. I can't imagine what made me decide I cared enough to keep trying on my first playthrough, nor do I remember how I eventually beat him that first time. You're right, that guy's a jerk.

ShadowX
01-08-2009, 02:18 AM
Grinding for job mastery? Ha That's what glitches are for!

NeoTifa
01-08-2009, 02:35 AM
what glitches!!! do tell

Wolf Kanno
01-08-2009, 05:54 AM
A Dragoon with Squire abilites works well. Keep your distance and use Yell to speed Ramza up, once Ramza starts getting two or three turns to Wiegraf's one, let loose with the jump skills. Make sure you have Move+1 or Move+2 with Gremnias Boots to make keeping away better.

Belias is only hard if you decide to focus on the Ultima Demons first. If you just go straight to Belias, you should take him down pretty quickly.

ShadowX
01-08-2009, 06:36 PM
what glitches!!! do tell

There's a glitch in the psx version that can give you 9999 job points for any job with a scrollable skill list i.e. wizard or priest. It doesn't go toward job level but it's and easy way to master some of the jobs that are harder to master.

Flying Mullet
01-08-2009, 06:44 PM
GameFAQs: Final Fantasy Tactics (PS) JP Scroll Glitch FAQ by TheDan (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197339/18561)