PDA

View Full Version : Considering an FFT Challenge...

ShadowX
01-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Okay so I'm playing through the game once again while I wait for a few hacks to come out and it'll also help me come up with an idea with my own hack, but I didn't want to make it easy for myself.

So I was thinking I could either:
-Play through the normal game with a solo Ramza (Haven't done yet)
-Play through 1.3 without using above level 2 classes (I can't even get pass the Magic Gariland battle...)
-Play through normal game while only using a party of squires and chemists with basic equips

And that's all I got so far.

Also If you thing you have a good idea for a storyline shoot them my way and I will try to work them into a working hack.

Wolf Kanno
01-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Reversal:

Mages can only use physical attacks, warriors can only use magic.
Warriors cannot use Physical Reaction Commands (Counter, First strike,etc...), Mages cannot use Return Magic or Counter Flood reaction commands.

Mimes, Onion Knights, and special characters are not allowed. Ramza is restricted to being a Chemist, White Mage, or Bard. Guns are not allowed. For extra challenge, make Oracles/Mystics and Geomancers forbidden as well.

Might be fun...;)

ShadowX
01-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Sounds promising. I might just have to give that a try.

moldybread
01-09-2009, 05:35 PM
A solo Ramza might not be so hard, 'cause if you make him a Calculator (then promptly change classes after learning everything, since they're way too slow), he can target the enemies with Holy/Flare (preferably Holy, then equip Excalibur, so that it's absorbed) from where he's standing, and have a fair amount of enemies go down his first turn.

Of course, this isn't infallible, there would still be times when such a method doesn't work, and then you're screwed, because there aren't any other characters around to heal Ramza as the enemies center on him, and you'd have to get all the prerequisites for being a Calc, learn all the useful magic abilities from the other classes... so, yeah... still a challenge ;p .

Just my two cents.

ShadowX
01-24-2009, 04:41 AM
Well I had to put my challenge on hold. A lot of things came up recently and surprisingly they also have something to do with FFT.

I'm currently working on a few patches for FFT involving storyline and class changes. And I just found the best gamesave ever imagined!