PDA

View Full Version : Arc Luminous.

Markus. D
01-08-2009, 12:03 PM
So I was searching around for a game within the shops of Game Traders, to take to the camps with =]! I stumbled upon Luminous Arc for the DS and picked it up because it had a very Tactics-look about it.

I'm back home now and I can say I'm merging into the endgame after about 20 hours of play... The story can get a little cheesed at some points (Sometimes good, sometimes kinda disorienting... "Oh Em Gee~") and they also introduce alot of twists at random (Priel is the most annoying character I've ever witnessed -_-; )... I like most of it though.

But yeah! Solid SRPG Gameplay FTW! ... lot of cute characters, yupyup!

I'd have to state though, the classes to me don't really seem thought out in the case of balance (Just about each one can heal 'emselves and crowds of ally)... and sometimes you're forced to enter a battle straight after one which can take a toll on the super casual player.

Mel is Radakapocus!!!

Who else has played and enjoyed?

PS: Vivi was suprisingly one of the more enjoyable characters, too bad you'll never know unless you head out of your way.

Roogle
01-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I played Luminous Arc up until the point that the giant seal joined the party. Usually, I tend to lose interest in games when you can start choosing your party members every battle and you have far too many to choose from. Eventually, I feel like I am managing an army, and this game is far from the likes of Ogre Battle.

ljkkjlcm9
01-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Luminous Arc 2 has actually been released. I got it for christmas...but I've been playing Disgaea DS. I'll have to go back and re-beat the original (for the ending, not the entire thing) before I play the sequel though. It's been awhile since I played it, and it was beginning to get annoying. I'm a perfectionist in my games so when you have to do those skits after the battle with the characters, I had to make sure I was going to get a perfect relationship for the best/all the items.

It's a fun simple game, but I love how much more customizable Disgaea is.

THE JACKEL

Markus. D
01-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Oh yes, Disgaea anything, will always be far more superior in this genre, that's a given xD!

Vermachtnis
01-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Yea I loved this game. It was kind of on the easy side though. But the characters made up for it though. Mel was my favorite character. "YOU PALOOKAS!" is the best battle cry ever. And Vivi too, she has the highest movement and the highest range. She could smack enemies a couple of turns before anyone else.

Markus. D
01-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Yeah, witches in general were Imba.

and Mel was definetly my favorite also xD!

I'm still yet to beat it, I'm up to the part where Priel says more than three things (It's just a procrastonation issue now...)... I've seriously never been like, SO, annoyed at that like, that little cutie Priel and her warmth and like, etc.

Mysteria also interests me... I imagine Fareth pops up somewhere?

JKTrix
01-14-2009, 09:04 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/105125-ds-rpg-alert-luminous-arc.html

Despite all my excitement back then and having bought the game, I don't remember much about it. 'Cept it was pretty decent, but not *amazing*. Had to pass on Arc 2 due to having to be more picky because of my school budget.

As far as the company imageepoch though, they seem to be groovin' right along with the RPG games on Nintendo systems. I've had my eye on World Destruction for a while. Both that and Arc Rise Fantasia for the Wii are supposed to be coming out in English this year.