PDA

View Full Version : Do you smother your food in sauce?

Crimson
01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Or do you just have a bit on the side?

For me, if im gonna use sauce, i'll usually smother my food all over it, mmmmmm......ketchup.

Flying Mullet
01-08-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm a smotherer.

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I keep it on the side. If you don't smother it just right the food on the bottom is bare and the food on the top gets soggy :(

Rye
01-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I am a condiment smotherer. It's really bad, because sometimes I feel like the stuff I eat is really healthy, until I smother it in Parmesan cheese or ketchup or whatever. xD

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Don't you just hate it when people go like, OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR FOOD YOU'RE RUINING IT! whenever you add anything at all to it?

Sephex
01-08-2009, 05:57 PM
I dip my fries in ketcup, but what drives most people crazy is that I like to dip my burger the same way. I just think it's better that way. If I ever have ketchup on hash browns, that is the only time I will lay it on there and mash it up.

I hate giving out such personal info like this, so please don't use it against me in the future.

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I like to get vanilla milkshakes at McDonalds and dip my fries in them xD

Rye
01-08-2009, 06:01 PM
I dip my fries in ketcup, but what drives most people crazy is that I like to dip my burger the same way. I just think it's better that way. If I ever have ketchup on hash browns, that is the only time I will lay it on there and mash it up.

I hate giving out such personal info like this, so please don't use it against me in the future.

It's weird to dip your burger like that? xD I do that too. I put ketchup on my eggs too, and on really yucky tasteless omelette.

Miriel
01-08-2009, 06:03 PM
No no no! Smothering is bad! :twak:

Lightly drizzle and/or dip!

Flying Mullet
01-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Don't you just hate it when people go like, OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR FOOD YOU'RE RUINING IT! whenever you add anything at all to it?
To which I reply, "I'm making it awesome, now back off!"

It's weird to dip your burger like that? xD I do that too. I put ketchup on my eggs too, and on really yucky tasteless omelette.
Don't forget bagels!

One time my buddy who was in culinary school made a fancy dinner to showcase what he had learned. Right after he served everyone another buddy asked if he had any ketchup. xD

Tavrobel
01-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Depends on the food. I'm not going to do something stupid and try to jam something in that doesn't fit, especially if it doesn't come with the food in the first place. Wings, nuggets, chips, and the like, they get drenched in dipping sauce if there's enough. Waste not want not.

Rye
01-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Okay, bagels are too weird for me. xD

But I SMOTHER parmesan cheese on my pasta. And I smother salad in dressing. It's terrible. xD

Rantz
01-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I spend all day putting sauce up my nose, then when I eat I just snort a little and a small amount of sauce goes down to my mouth. :up:

Caraliz
01-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I almost never like much sauce. It is the bane of my existence. I prefer a little on the side or slightly drizzled. I only like food smothered with sauce if it's tasteless or just inedible without some kind of sauce.

Or without sauce at all! I'm usually the weirdo that gets sandwiches at fast food places/restaurants and asks for no sauce or extremely little sauce. I can't stand mayo or mustard. Bleagh.

Flying Mullet
01-08-2009, 06:19 PM
You never make an egg and ham sandwich on a bagel with ketchup?

I spend all day putting sauce up my nose, then when I eat I just snort a little and a small amount of sauce goes down to my mouth. :up:
Show-off!

Miriel
01-08-2009, 07:29 PM
The only thing that should ever be smothering your food is cheese.

scrumpleberry
01-08-2009, 07:51 PM

Miri knows what's up. It is perfectly okay to smother pasta in delicious cheese: everything else is a big no-no!

Yar
01-08-2009, 07:59 PM
The only time I "smother" is when it's bagel + cream cheese = <3.

Otherwise, I'm rather conservative. In fact, I eat a lot of foods plain. French fries are good without ketchup. I don't usually salt or pepper, either.

Moon Rabbits
01-08-2009, 08:15 PM

These are the right answers.

You never make an egg and ham sandwich on a bagel with ketchup?

Uuuuuuugh best breakfast ever.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little when I read that.

Flying Mullet
01-08-2009, 08:21 PM

I think I threw up in my mouth a little when I read that.
Just snort and the sauce flavor will cover the taste up.

Aerith's Knight
01-08-2009, 08:25 PM

One time my buddy who was in culinary school made a fancy dinner to showcase what he had learned. Right after he served everyone another buddy asked if he had any ketchup. xD

Whahahaha*cough*haha*cough*hehe*snigger* :kaolaugh:

Also, I don't smother. I gently overextend copious amounts of sauce.

Shoeberto
01-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I dip my fries in ketcup, but what drives most people crazy is that I like to dip my burger the same way.
I do this, too, though usually just when the sandwich is about gone.

Smothering makes me feel ill with most toppings though. I had a cousin who would use about half a bottle of ketchup on just about anything and all of the smell from the vinegar about made me sick, so it's just a bad association.

I used to put A1 sauce on a lot of stuff though. Like I take a serving of rice and mix a helping of A1 in with it. It's actually really good.

Denmark
01-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I always just put the perfect amount on. This amount varies from food to food and condiment to condiment.

Needs more garlic though.

Moon Rabbits
01-08-2009, 09:37 PM
I always just put the perfect amount on. This amount varies from food to food and condiment to condiment.

Needs more garlic though.

Salt and pepper are always my downfall.

Rantz
01-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Everything always needs more garlic, except my mum's food because she's crazy like that.

Jess
01-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I put it on the side and dip my food in it, unless it's pasta then I put cheese on top. :jess:

Shiny
01-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Smother me in gravy, you big dirty man.

Denmark
01-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Everything always needs more garlic, except my mum's food because she's crazy like that.

I think I would like to have some of your mom's food.

Depression Moon
01-08-2009, 11:54 PM
I don't smother my food to diminish the flavor of the food I'm supposed to be eating, but I put enough. When I'm eating a hamburger or cheese fries at a sit in resteraunt i put about five different sauces on my food.

smittenkitten
01-08-2009, 11:59 PM
I <333 ketchup I use it on everything, I sometimes also mix it with mayonnaise... *drools*

Shorty
01-09-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm a smotherer of ranch.

zaqwert
01-09-2009, 12:30 AM
I'm mostly a dipper rather than a smotherer. Though, some sauces are okay with smothering, like... gravy!

Sephex
01-09-2009, 02:45 AM

No one else I know does this. No one has attacked me verbally for it, but I have had a comment here or there like, "Why don't you just put the ketchup on the burger instead?"

Bunny
01-09-2009, 03:08 AM

What the hell is wrong with you. You are a freak of nature, you disgust me. I hope your babies develop a third eye. Ugh.

What's the topic of this thread?

Ah, right. No, I do not smother my food because that is disgusting and ruins perfectly good food tastes. I handle my sauce differently depending on the consistency of the sauce I am dealing with. If it is a heavy or thick sauce, I usually set it aside and dip my food into it. However, if my sauce is very light and runny, I put a small amount over the food, without drowning it mind you, and occasionally I put some in a small serving dish that I use for dipping.

I also think ketchup is grotesque and refuse to put it on anything because I believe it ruins the flavor of most foods by taking it over and yelling at your mouth "HELLO I AM KETCHUP HOW THE HELL DO I TASTE, BITCH?"

I don't like my food yelling at me. I have sensitive feelings.

Shlup
01-09-2009, 05:14 AM
I admit it... I love the sauce.

Jiro
01-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Sometimes I smother, sometimes I don't. Depends on what I'm eating, and whether the sauce is decent or not. Last time I had sushi it was actually more soy sauce then sushi xD

Sephex
01-09-2009, 01:47 PM

What the hell is wrong with you. You are a freak of nature, you disgust me. I hope your babies develop a third eye. Ugh.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! HOW COULD YOU?! :( :( :( :(

edczxcvbnm
01-09-2009, 02:36 PM
If I use sauce then I use it very sparsely. I am just not a very saucy guy.

If I do use sauce there is a 90% chance that it is a nice thick sweet and sour sauce. That stuff is awesome. I just prefer that it not be that crappy kind that comes in packets they give you with egg rolls. That is the worst!

Jiro
01-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Eating a pie right now, abso-smurfing-lutely covered in sauce. It was too hot otherwise, and I needed a quick late night snack

moldybread
01-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Sometimes I use condiments, and smother, but only if the thing I'm eating is so BLECH! that I wouldn't be able to ingest it otherwise. So, ketchup and I have a bittersweet long-distance relationship, and see each other when the weather permits, but I'm thinking about breaking up. :(