PDA

View Full Version : Appearances can be deceiving!

Jessweeee♪
01-09-2009, 03:21 AM
I am the exact opposite of how I look. At school I always look like I'm about to murder someone, but really I'm too weak and meek to fight even if I wanted to xD

The junior high kids that ride the bus are afraid of me! My cousin was all, LOLOLOL this girl in my class is afraid of you--oh there she is! And then she was all "W-well it's just t-that..."

Then I smiled (that probably looked even more psychotic) and was like "hahaha, no I'm not scary, I'm just shy!"

Topic:

Do you look like you?

Rye
01-09-2009, 03:26 AM
I act like an awkward comically silly self-abrasive Jew, like Seinfeld or Sarah Silverman, and that's exactly how I look! So I agree.

I do think I look a little mean though. Whether that is me or not, I don't know!

LunarWeaver
01-09-2009, 03:27 AM
I look like the socially awkward pussy that I am. But I wear a hat, so fuck everyone.

Jessweeee♪
01-09-2009, 03:28 AM
A hat? Go post in the picture thread go!

Madame Adequate
01-09-2009, 03:29 AM
I don't think I look like me. People are unfriendly and give me dirty looks all the time, so I presume that my somewhat shy nature doesn't show, and my "I will crush you and your world under my mechanical boot" face does.

Even though I've not got an endoskeleton yet or anything!

Evastio
01-09-2009, 03:38 AM
I think my appearance represents my personality well; tense, determined, paranoid, and the like.

I also almost never smile which shows that I'm not a happy, cheery person.

Shoeberto
01-09-2009, 03:47 AM
I am the exact opposite of how I look. At school I always look like I'm about to murder someone, but really I'm too weak and meek to fight even if I wanted to xD

The junior high kids that ride the bus are afraid of me! My cousin was all, LOLOLOL this girl in my class is afraid of you--oh there she is! And then she was all "W-well it's just t-that..."

Then I smiled (that probably looked even more psychotic) and was like "hahaha, no I'm not scary, I'm just shy!"
I think a lot of people thought of me like that until I started to come out of my shell more in high school. I still get weird looks from a lot of people or random questions if I'm mad or something. I just kinda wtf at it

Miriel
01-09-2009, 04:08 AM
I look extremely innocent. I can get away with anything. :p

Like I get approached all the time from people when I'm out and about. You know, at theme parks, people ask me to take their photos for them (cause I don't look like the type of person who would run off with the camera), people stop me and ask me for directions, etc. I look like a nice girl, I guess. And I must look slightly gullible too, cause people are always approaching me trying to hawk me stuff. Last week I was picking up pizza and some guy kept trying to sell me a home stereo system. I told him to go ask the people behind me but he seemed insistent on trying to make a deal with me.

I tend to make friends rather easily too cause I don't look threatening in any way. I'm pretty mischievous and not-so-innocent though. I think most people are surprised by the level of profanity that comes outta me. You wouldn't expect it just from looking at me that I swear so much. Plus, I have a healthy disregard for the law and when provoked, I can be ruthless.

Yar
01-09-2009, 04:55 AM
TBH, I don't know. :-/

My dad says I look depressed a lot, but I think I'm a pretty happy person usually.

Shorty
01-09-2009, 05:23 AM
I think that most people I come across think I'm a nice and well-spoken young lady, so it can come as quite a shock when I open my sailor-swearing mouth.

Bunny
01-09-2009, 06:03 AM
No.

Vermachtnis
01-09-2009, 06:18 AM
I look like a simple down to Earth guy. Gotta nice beard and awesome hair, I give off a nice guy aura. And when I wear collared shirts I even look kinda successful. Now y'all should know that none of that is true. My head is way, way up in the clouds. And sure I give off a nice guy aura and can even play the "nice guy" but then again I've been finding out my natural response is not nice. But instead yelling and calling people idiots and generally berating them. My friends call it schizo how I can go from calm and down to Earth to pissed in a few seconds flat. They even make games to see how fast they can embarrass me or annoy me or whatever they do to make the switch go off. But I digress and say I'm always like that, it's just my clothes make me look like I'm not.

Momiji
01-09-2009, 07:38 AM
I look like the socially awkward pussy that I am. But I wear a hat, so smurf everyone.

*fix* There we go.

Kes
01-09-2009, 07:49 AM
I don't think I look like me. People are unfriendly and give me dirty looks all the time, so I presume that my somewhat shy nature doesn't show, and my "I will crush you and your world under my mechanical boot" face does.

Even though I've not got an endoskeleton yet or anything!

A lack of endoskeleton might just get you some weird looks.

I think I look like me, I guess. Though apparently I look like every ethnicity under the sun.

Araciel
01-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Well I am me.

Cuchulainn
01-09-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm exactly how look. That means this whole thread is a LIE

blackmage_nuke
01-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Well I'm beautiful on the inside...

trancekuja
01-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I totally look like a good , harmless , "gets along with everyone" type of person.
...but the truth is , mwahahahaha! ...blah , who am I kidding? I am a good , harmless , "gets along with everyone" type of person.

Caraliz
01-09-2009, 10:00 AM
No. I look really uncomfortable, shy and awkward but in reality I am the devil.

Marshall Banana
01-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I looked like a strawberry girl when I met Shlup. =O

I wore Ariel panties for her, too.

Quindiana Jones
01-09-2009, 10:46 AM
I look like a Jew, apparently. I think it's the Jewfro.

Rantz
01-09-2009, 10:46 AM
I always look a few degrees angrier than I actually am. If I'm not feeling either good nor bad, I look kinda pissed off. If life is good, I look neutral and sort of bored. If I'm super happy, you'll see me maybe smile a little. It's not intentional or anything, I feel like I'm making a happy face and then I look in the mirror and it's kind of bleh whatever.

Værn
01-09-2009, 10:50 AM
I always look a few degrees angrier than I actually am. If I'm not feeling either good nor bad, I look kinda pissed off. If life is good, I look neutral and sort of bored. If I'm super happy, you'll see me maybe smile a little. It's not intentional or anything, I feel like I'm making a happy face and then I look in the mirror and it's kind of bleh whatever.
What he said.

Quindiana Jones
01-09-2009, 10:51 AM
MY neutral face makes me look like I'm really really really concentrating on something angry and horrible. Except when random funny thoughts pop into my head and I laugh for no reason.

I should not be allowed on buses.

edczxcvbnm
01-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I think I look like me. If I am around people I know and am very friendly with then I bet I look very inviting. On the streets by myself I bet I look like a person that you don't want to bump into. Just in my own world on a mission to get to my destination and you are but and obstacle...or something XD

Sephex
01-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Sometimes people think I am a pothead because I have long hair, but otherwise I believe most people look at me and can tell I am a gamer dork (the shirts I wear on some days give that away). Oh, the other common mistake people make about me is that they tend to think I keep to myself and don't really like being social, but I have been told that I am really good at things like that. Again, my appearance doesn't help there!

Jiro
01-09-2009, 02:45 PM
I always look a little angry. Apparently I look intimidating and obnoxious too, though I most certainly am neither of those things. I just frown a lot because I hate my face when I'm happy.

Peegee
01-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm very good at appearing normal.

Yar
01-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm very good at appearing normal.Puh-lease, I've seen some of the hairstyles you commit. :greenie:

Moon Rabbits
01-09-2009, 04:30 PM
People often mistake me for being religious, but that might have something to do with the fact that my room, myself, and anything else I own is usually wearing / plastered in something with Christian imagery on it. Once I convinced this guy that I was a really hardcore Christian zealot, it was fun.

Otherwise, I guess people mistake me for being mean and crazy, and only one of those things is really true.

41-Inches-Wide
01-09-2009, 04:36 PM
I look a little stoic they say, but I smile easily so I look normal almost all the time. I've had my fair share of strangers coming up to me and asking me if I'm lost?
I thought I had an intelligent looking face but I guess not. :(

Jessweeee♪
01-09-2009, 04:38 PM

It's probably the eyebrows.

Zeldy
01-09-2009, 05:12 PM
I must appear friendly because people smile at me and I always have random people chatting to me at bus stops. I must just appear approachable!

trancekuja
01-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I must appear friendly because people smile at me and I always have random people chatting to me at bus stops. I must just appear approachable!
Or maybe you just look hot?:p

Depression Moon
01-09-2009, 05:42 PM

If those people really be thinking that than you must look like one of those gangly mannish-looking women that just got out of prison. I cannot say if my appearance reflects my character. I am who I am.

Aerith's Knight
01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
People always say I look grumpy.

The only people who like me just by looking at me are babies. They always smile and giggle at me, but that's probably because I always smile at them.

Of course, they could also be laughing at me. -_-''

Zeldy
01-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Or maybe you just look hot?:p

That would explain the old women talking to me at the bus stop then!

Misfit
01-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I think that most people I come across think I'm a nice and well-spoken young lady, so it can come as quite a shock when I open my sailor-swearing mouth.
This. xD I've been told countless times "doesn't she look like a quiet, shy girl? GOD SHE IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE" :}

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I come off innocent enough but once I open my bawdy mouth, people get the idea real fast. Other than that, I am how I look. I think I must look helpful cuz it has happened a few times I am in a store, wearing nothing like their uniform, and people ask if I work there. Or old ladies will ask me to get something on the top self for them. :D

rubah
01-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Yesterday I appeared to be Jessweeee, but I wasn't!

I think I look reasonably congruous with how I act

Momiji
01-09-2009, 09:37 PM
I look a little stoic they say, but I smile easily so I look normal almost all the time. I've had my fair share of strangers coming up to me and asking me if I'm lost?
I thought I had an intelligent looking face but I guess not. :(

It's just their excuse for wanting to talk to you 'cause you're so cute, Aicha. :heart:

Peegee
01-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm very good at appearing normal.Puh-lease, I've seen some of the hairstyles you commit. :greenie:

I'm very good at acting normal, then. I've been told I'm the most normal looking person ever.

Laddy
01-09-2009, 11:07 PM
I look like a flamboyant, chaotic, community actor with long locks.

Oh look, I am one!

Fujiko
01-09-2009, 11:21 PM
No.

No? No.

scrumpleberry
01-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Well I am me.

Apart from people always think I'm trying to pout when I have a neutral face or I'm just thinking. When I actually do pout it's well weird.

Shiny
01-10-2009, 10:06 PM
I've heard these comments from people:

Young (like 12 or something)
Intimidating (wtf)
Menacing
Laid-back
Aloof
Shy
Quiet type
Tough
Hispanic

The only one on that list that's actually true on that list is the fact that I am relatively quiet usually.

Caraliz
01-11-2009, 08:41 PM

Intimidating (wtf)
Menacing
Laid-back
Aloof
Shy
Quiet type
Tough
Hispanic

The only one on that list that's actually true on that list is the fact that I am relatively quiet usually.
The hispanic one isn't true? :cry:

Quindiana Jones
01-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Aloof, hehe.

Moon Rabbits
01-12-2009, 02:25 AM
I get described as aloof quite often, too.

Shiny
01-13-2009, 12:19 AM

Intimidating (wtf)
Menacing
Laid-back
Aloof
Shy
Quiet type
Tough
Hispanic

The hispanic one isn't true? :cry:
Si, no es verdad.

Rocket Edge
01-13-2009, 02:03 AM
I look like me.

kikimm
01-13-2009, 03:32 AM
I used to get told all the time a couple years ago that I look really intimidating and mean. :P I don't get as many of those comments these days, though. I suppose I have gotten better at engaging blank face.

Rocket Edge
01-13-2009, 03:46 AM
Your face mellowed.

KentaRawr!
01-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Well, I don't know. :Eek:

Loony BoB
02-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Most people wouldn't guess I'm as strong as I am. I'm not amazingly strong, but I look incredibly weak. Having to lift heavy equipment on a daily basis means I get a little physical benefits from that. However, for some reason, I just don't bulk out... my muscles tend to stay the same size while I grow stronger/weaker. I'm not as strong as I was when I worked at the timber yard, though.

PS. 'sup Miriel's thread. :D

Marshall Banana
02-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Kishi didn't expect me to step on him while he slept Christmas morning.

You know what? I'll do it again. I'll draw on his face, too.

Loony BoB
02-13-2009, 12:09 PM
...puff?

Marshall Banana
02-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Puff?

Loony BoB
02-13-2009, 12:42 PM
http://www.projectbag.com/pokemon/pics/jigglypuff02.jpg

Cuchulainn
02-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Most people wouldn't guess I'm as strong as I am. I'm not amazingly strong, but I look incredibly weak. Having to lift heavy equipment on a daily basis means I get a little physical benefits from that. However, for some reason, I just don't bulk out... my muscles tend to stay the same size while I grow stronger/weaker. I'm not as strong as I was when I worked at the timber yard, though.

PS. 'sup Miriel's thread. :D

I could take you

Loony BoB
02-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Never said I could beat everyone here up in a fight. :p Just said I was stronger than I appear.

Croyles
02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Nah I am pretty much what you see, although I guess sometimes people are surprised by how direct I am..

Cuchulainn
02-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Never said I could beat everyone here up in a fight. :p Just said I was stronger than I appear.

You were cyber flexing. Don't deny it. :tongue:

Bunny
02-13-2009, 03:01 PM

And what do you call what you were doing?

Brandless Goods
02-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Yup. I look exactly like me.

Del Murder
02-13-2009, 07:04 PM
On a lot of things, I'm not as smart as I appear to be, and on others, I'm smarter than I appear. Confusion is one of my greatest tools.

Caraliz
02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I know I already posted in this thread but someone from high school said something really funny to me.

Apparently a lot of people think I'm mysterious. haha wtf.

Quindiana Jones
02-13-2009, 08:07 PM

Could you be anymore of a man? xD

My friend is like that, though. He's a twig, but he can fling us all around like...

...I have no idea how to finish that sentence.

Cuchulainn
02-14-2009, 01:34 AM

And what do you call what you were doing?

Calling him on it. It's cool for you to get involved though.

RedWiz
02-14-2009, 01:41 AM
I used to be that emo kid that everyone hated and made fun of, but were too afraid to get too terribly close.

Nowadays I still kinda look like a punk. I'm not. I'm a gentleman type. I just don't have the clothes and haircut to show it.

Levian
02-14-2009, 01:46 AM
I've been mistaken for the blue virus in Dr. Mario, but I'm really not. My eyebrows just work like that you know.

KentaRawr!
02-14-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm a weakling, and I look as such. :p

Brennan
02-14-2009, 02:36 AM
I look like my dad when he was younger, but I have most of my characteristics from my mom, and everyone thinks I would look like I was in my mid-twenties if I would have shorter hair.

Magixion
02-14-2009, 11:40 PM
I look like a cleaned up version of Travis Barker. Take away the crazy hair and tattoos and you have me.

NeoCracker
02-15-2009, 08:33 AM
I look like a stoner apparently. :p

Never done drugs in my life.

Christmas
06-17-2023, 12:50 PM
I am like Jar Jar Binks online but in real life, i am more like the Joker! :bigsmile:

KentaRawr!
06-20-2023, 05:44 PM
We live in a society!