PDA

View Full Version : 4 Thieves...any out-standing tips?

Cyric
01-09-2009, 05:07 AM
Well, I decided to fire-up NESten to try my hand at a party that I've never considered: 4 Thieves/Ninjas.

This is probably only the 2nd time, in 20 years, I've ever used a Thief, and the first time I'll ever take one through the whole game, let alone 4 of them.

Is there anything I really need to watch out for, or should it be pretty much standard with a few precautions here-and-there?

My Stats as of Coneria:
Rain, Lv.2, Rapier, no armour
Haru, Lv.2, Rapier, no armour
Hero, Lv.2, Rapier, no armour
Baka, Lv.2, Rapier, no armour

I've already found out that a Madpony can 1-shot these guys at Lv.1 :lol:

Denmark
01-09-2009, 05:38 AM
I've never tried that party, but the first piece of advice I can give you using what I know of Thieves is to level up immensely. Run when you're actually trying to make it through a dungeon (hell, I do that with a normal party).

It seems like once you hit Class Change you'll be all set though, so I'd do that ASAP (if you're going to do it, which it seems like you are).

Good luck!

Martyr
01-09-2009, 09:00 AM
It's nothing but hard levelling in Elfland.

If that's what you want to do, go for it. Astos and the 4 Wizards are a bitch.
I don't even think there's any feasible way to hit Astos for any reasonable damage, and you'll just be praying for Critical hits. But I swear you may need to be between lv. 16 and 24.

Once you got the Key, the Dragon, Rune and Coral Sword will slide you into Ninja no sweat and the game'll be a cinch because your levels will already be kinda high.