PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to get cloud Lv8 omnislash ?

monir50
01-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi, Is there any of reaching, cloud omnislash without leveling up from LV 8. Is it possible, I can trying this out in the battle arena. If anyone one knows the answer please help me ?. Thanks

Wolf Kanno
01-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Are you asking if its possible to earn enough points in the arena to get Omnislash if Cloud's level is 8?

Or are you asking if its possible for Cloud to be able to use Omnislash at Lv. 8?

For the first question, yes, though it would take forever since Cloud wouldn't be able to survive really hard encounters. It would be terribly time consuming but I think its possible.

If its the second question, then I would say its impossible without a hack or being the one little event at the end of the game. Cloud cannot use Omnislash normally without acquiring all his previous Limit Break levels. The fact is, just meeting the requirements for those levels will surely level Cloud beyond Lv.8.

I hope these answer your question(s). :D

arcanedude34
01-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Not necessarily Wolf. If I recall, he gets half his limits by using the one prior to it, and half by killing a certain number of enemies. Therefore, if one was to have Cloud kill enemies or use his Limit Breaks then kill him before the battle was over, he would still be closer to getting his next Limit without getting any closer to leveling up. Of course, this would be insanely difficult, costly, and time-consuming, so it seems rather pointless to me.

Wolf Kanno
01-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Not necessarily Wolf. If I recall, he gets half his limits by using the one prior to it, and half by killing a certain number of enemies. Therefore, if one was to have Cloud kill enemies or use his Limit Breaks then kill him before the battle was over, he would still be closer to getting his next Limit without getting any closer to leveling up. Of course, this would be insanely difficult, costly, and time-consuming, so it seems rather pointless to me.

That may work but we have to assume that Cloud doesn't have to live through the battle for the kills to count. If he can't get AP or EXP without living through the battle; I don't see it being too far-fetched for the kills to not count either.

Aerith's Knight
01-10-2009, 12:48 AM
I wonder what would happen if people studied instead of... this. -_-''

I mean cmon, there is a step too far here. Why would you even want to do that? It's not even a challenge, just time consuming.

The Turk
01-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Of course it's a challenge! Yes it's time consuming, but still a pretty good challenge completing the game with a level 8 Cloud and a level 7 Tifa.

I think it's definitely possible to get Cloud to learn Omnislash at Level 8. I am sure the kills he makes in battle will count towards his total even if he dies in the fight. I'm 99% sure on that. I don't think it would take that long either. Go to the Mythril Mines or some other place where large groups of enemies gather and have Cloud kill them all off, before killing himself and have a higher level character finish the fight.

Actually a better tactic may be to fight enemies who's levels are divisible by 4 as you could then use Level 4 Suicide on them and then Cloud should be able to finish off the enemies just with attack even at level 8. Luckily enemies who's level is divisible by 4 tend to hang out in the same places such as the Great Glacier, near Cosmo Canyon and near Wutai.

As for winning Omnislash from the battle arena, you could use one of your characters at a higher level, however it is still very possible to win both the normal battle square and special battle square types at Cloud's lowest level. Using Enemy Skills such as Level 5 Death, Bad Breath and Frog Song will be very useful as will items. There are videos on youtube of GarlandtheGreat winning the Special Battle Square at Level 8 with Cloud...not that you have to even do that to unlock Omnislash, but yeah.

Good luck!

Ifalna
01-26-2009, 05:50 PM
I don`t think it`s possible,because for learning Omnislash you must have all the other limits

Goldenboko
01-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I suppose you'd have to test to see if the kills count when Cloud is dead. My guess would be no, because don't you gain Limits in the level up screen? In which you normally need to be alive in order to gain anything?

I wonder what would happen if people studied instead of... this. -_-''

People do challenges all the time, don't be a dick dude =D

Darkswordofchaos
01-26-2009, 09:52 PM
learn how to code games then use that cheat in the arc the lad game that lets you se a games coding change it and give cloud omnislash ant level 1

The Turk
01-28-2009, 11:24 PM
I am 99% sure than you can learn limit breaks on a dead character. The kill count continues even if a character is dead. I have read a lot of low level walkthroughs that advice you to have one party member kill all bar 1 monsters before you kill them off so they don't level up.

You're right that you do 'learn' the limit on the level up screen but I am sure dead characters can still learn them. So if you keep having Cloud kill lots of enemies, but then die before the last monster is killed then this should be possible.

Jiro
01-31-2009, 10:35 AM
I originally thought killing Cloud off would work, but GoBo has a good point. It looks like cheating may be your only option :p

The Turk
01-31-2009, 12:59 PM
lol *jumps up and down stamping his feet to try and get attention* No it IS possible without cheating!

champagne supernova
01-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Well, you wouldn't have to go to the battle arena. Just finish the game with a Level 8 Cloud and use Omnislash in the Final Battle. Then the challenge would be done :D

Goldenboko
01-31-2009, 09:20 PM
I am 99% sure than you can learn limit breaks on a dead character. The kill count continues even if a character is dead. I have read a lot of low level walkthroughs that advice you to have one party member kill all bar 1 monsters before you kill them off so they don't level up.

You're right that you do 'learn' the limit on the level up screen but I am sure dead characters can still learn them. So if you keep having Cloud kill lots of enemies, but then die before the last monster is killed then this should be possible.

Wait, doesn't Cloud fight in the battle arena alone? If so, I don't think you'll be earning the points for it.

Darkswordofchaos
01-31-2009, 09:35 PM

Wait, doesn't Cloud fight in the battle arena alone? If so, I don't think you'll be earning the points for it.

You can fight in the battle arena with anyone use a strong person like yufi barrette nanaki

sir helix
02-01-2009, 12:03 AM
no cheating on a final fantasy game its just inhuman, and what would be the point of fighting with out any one but cloud in the fighting arena. unless its to use vincent or cid. yes im biased

The Turk
02-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Well it would be eaiser to win Omnislash if you used a high leveled Yuffie over a Level 8 Cloud. It's still possible to do it with Cloud at Level 8 though.

Just for the record you can use anybody in the battle arena, but you can only do the Special Battle with Cloud. But you can only do that after you've got the Omnislash anyway so it's a moot point here.

sir helix
02-01-2009, 01:38 AM
i watched a video of a lvl 3 yuffie beating emerald weapon, but i thank there was some cheating in volved

The Turk
02-01-2009, 02:12 AM
Well that one is a cheat. The lowest level you can get is a level 7 Tifa. Cloud's lowest possible level is 8, I think Yuffie's is 11, but I may be wrong. I've seen a Level 7 Tifa beat both Ruby and Emerald by herself without cheats however.

To keep a character at a such a low level you have to keep them in your party but kill them off before the fight ends so they don't gain EXP.

Zeromus_X
02-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Was the video of the Japanese version? It's possible to get Yuffie in at level 1 in that version, and transfer the data to the "International version" which has the Weapons.