PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Infiltration Mission

blackmage_nuke
01-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Many of the later Final Fantasies take a book out of metal gear solid and have a small infiltration section. Be it Locke sneaking out of South Figaro, Avalanche infiltrating the Shinra Building, The VIII gang in the Missile base or Vahn going to that palace and finding that piece of Magicite.

What was your favourite infiltration mission? From the ones I can remember I really liked running around stealing people's clothes in South Figaro and rescueing Celes, though it's not really infiltration if he's trying to get out. I also liked the Shinra Building and it's plethora of items and the obtaining of Red XIII.

hhr1dluv
01-12-2009, 04:39 AM
I remember really loving going through the Shinra building in FFVII. Unfortunately, the infiltration missions in the compilation games are completely awful. :mad:

Wolf Kanno
01-12-2009, 05:55 AM
VI and VII have my favorites.

Getting Locke out of Figaro in VI was fun cause it was a nice puzzle and added some great dynamics to the story. It was just a real fun part of the game accumulating to an awesome Star Wars reference. :cool:

The Shin-Ra building was fun too for similar reasons, good puzzles and a bit more variety in gameplay.

I don't even remember VIII's so I don't feel it was good enough to leave a lasting impression.

XII's was actually frustrating...:eep:

MJN SEIFER
01-12-2009, 03:53 PM
VII's Shinra building was best for me, it was actually quite interesting exploring all the floors you could and gave a bit of prespective on how the Shinra worked as well. I also like the setting of the location, and of course it's memorable as it was when the story starts to move forward more.

VIII's Missile Base looked pretty cool and is easily (for me) the second choice. However, there seamed to be less in the way of choice of what to do, and when there was, it didn't seam to effect anything - it was a Huge Materia type level when all is said and done, the technological(sp?) aspects where pretty cool though (one of the many things I liked about VIII - and VII to some extent)

VI's was good in the sense of story movement, but nothing really enhanced it for me.

Avarice-ness
01-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I like when they got into Vector, nothing better than getting a guy to throw up to get the guys attention so you can sneak by.

Depression Moon
01-12-2009, 08:56 PM

What was XII's

For me it's been a little while since I've played an FF other than XII, but I hope someone can refresh my memory here. You already discussed VII and VIII, but I've also played IV, IX, X and X-2 too.

Bolivar
01-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Definately FFVII, the whole Shinra Building scenario was such a big event, it was stuff like that that really made the game.

Wolf Kanno
01-12-2009, 10:30 PM

What was XII's

For me it's been a little while since I've played an FF other than XII, but I hope someone can refresh my memory here. You already discussed VII and VIII, but I've also played IV, IX, X and X-2 too.

Vaan breaking into the palace at the beginning of the title, basically, if he gets spotted by the guards you have to start over. You had to solve that annoying riddle of Old Dalan's about the Lion and Eagle I believe. It was a just a pain cause once you got one thing solved, you would get spotted. The guards were more super human than MGS and Splinter Cell characters so it got old really fast.

Vermachtnis
01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
VI, stealing peoples clothes was awesome. I just wish you could have kept them for later.

The Turk
01-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Totally the part where you have to sneak out of Aeris' house without her hearing! Man that was so tense! "Damnit, she heard me! I've got to restart this segment all over again!"....

Depression Moon
01-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Ah I finally got my memory back. I believe that IV's was the infiltration of Tower of Babil, and IX I think had two it was Alexandria Castle with Vivi, Puck, Zidane and Blank in the beginning and Alexandria again to rescue Garnet. Huh that was funny. The first time it was to kidnap her and the second was to save her. X's was the assault on Bevelle. I'm guessing X-2's was entering Leblanc's place.

FF had some good infiltration moments

I would say that probably IX, VIII, and X would tie out for me for favorites. They all unveil powerful emotions in the stories. In VIII I had thought that the party had died for real, but since they were the main characters I had a few doubts.