PDA

View Full Version : Similarities

Serapy
01-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Vanille looks so similar to Cissnei from FF7:CC, except that they both don`t have the same eyes colour. I think that Vanille may be the reincarnation of Cissnei, since it`s assumed that Cissnei died or she mysteriously disappeared after the FF7:CC game. It`s either that or the developers thought like "Why not use her?"

The Prince from Versus really look like the dark version of Cloud.
Cloud in FF7 is well known for his his face, it`s hard to explain but something like a 'staring at something, thinking of something, wondering about something, etc' face. You saw the Versus video, right? The Prince has that same look in scene 1: he`s in the car and scene 2: he`s sitting on some big chair.

Any more similarities?

Wolf Kanno
01-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Its not surprising that everything is similar. Nomura has a very distinct style and he's constantly hassled for having maybe four character models that make up every man, woman, and child in the games he does character work for.

Personally, I think Noctis looks like Sasuke from Naruto except older but even his outfit isn't too far a stretch from Sasuke's outfit. Snow, looks like an older and generally larger Seifer. It might just be the outfit though.

Serapy
01-10-2009, 10:49 PM
I think Snow looks like half Zell (hair) and half Irvine (sharp shooter).

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/641/rudesm1.gif

LunarWeaver
01-11-2009, 02:18 AM
I've liked all the designs. After designing characters for so many games, I don't think it's possible for similarities not to be there at this point. Now if only he would reuse large black people more.

Ridiculously unnecessary zippers everywhere is :heart:

Serapy
01-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Now if only he would reuse large black people more.

All of a sudden, we now have a new character just days after your comment. Are you working for SquareEnix?

Jessweeee♪
01-20-2009, 02:19 AM
I think Snow looks like half Zell (hair) and half Irvine (sharp shooter).

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/641/rudesm1.gif

So they're both bald and wear suits. There are plenty of men who are bald and wear suits. Sunglasses happen to look cool on bald guys in suits!

Maaaaybe, Snow and Irvine have a somewhat similar face, but the only thing Snow and Zell have in common is hair color. I mean you may as well have listed Tidus or Cloud or a blond celebrity :p

Rostum
01-20-2009, 11:54 PM
I know the characters can look similar, and that Nomura's style can be a bit repetitive. But honestly, I am loving every single character's design thus far. I especially love in Final Fantasy XIII that the guys don't look girly, and the girls don't look overly girly.