PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoffs

Del Murder
01-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I can't believe how Arizona crushed Carolina yesterday. They might be the team of destiny.

Also the Colts lost!

Who do you pick for the Super Bowl? I think Arizona and Baltimore. The Ravens can win in any stadium with their defense.

Yar
01-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Is Cleveland in the playoffs?

escobert
01-11-2009, 06:23 PM
No xD

I'd like to see Philly and San Diego but I doubt that.

Tavrobel
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Philadelphia and the Ravens. A very true defensive struggle.

That being said, I need to see my man Asante get another pick against the Giants, and I need to see my man DeSean get a touchdown reception before I start celebrating.

Yar
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
No xD
Oh, okay. Now I can tease my dad for liking a bad team. :D

IronOcean
01-11-2009, 06:51 PM
I feel bad for cleveland fans they deserve a win, i mean they willed their team back to that city thats gfood fans. I had the colts wining it all i couldnt fathom the chargers doing to us again, but i have been hurt before and i keep going back to them ha. my pick for NFC is either philly or new york i dont think the cards can stand up to either of them, and AFC Pitt

Tama2
01-11-2009, 07:40 PM
The only thing I want right now is for the NYGs to lose. So far so good. :D

charliepanayi
01-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I have to admit I really thought Arizona would lose to Atlanta, and then thought Carolina would beat them yesterday - were they deliberately being rubbish in the latter half of the season to lull everyone into a false sense of security?

This Eagles-Giants game is pretty tight, New York really need to start converting red zone possessions into touchdowns rather than field goals though. I tipped Pittsburgh earlier this season to go all the way, will find out later how if my prediction still stands. It's crazy to think that Arizona and San Diego could both be hosting championship games after the regular seasons they had!

Caraliz
01-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Who do you pick for the Super Bowl?
Rex Grossman. :cry:

Tavrobel
01-11-2009, 09:18 PM
GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER GAME OVER

Hah. Fumble, recovered by the Eagles. Both #1 seeds done in this weekend. Can I get a re-seed down in this joint?

charliepanayi
01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Imagine if San Diego win later - what odds would you have got midway or 3/4 of the way through the season that Philadelphia, Arizona and San Diego would be in the Championship games?

Arizona are hosting the NFC Championship game! Crazy! XD

Bunny
01-12-2009, 03:38 AM
Donovan McNabb is a fucking retard.

I'm going Ravens-Cardinals. With a Ravens win.

Cuchulainn
01-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Absolutely NO INTEREST since the Colts were put our. Every other team can go to hell. It was especially funny to see San Diego get beat though. Rivers' pastey face was great.

I don't think I've announced this here yet but;

MY BELOVED NOTRE DAME FINALLY WON A BOWL :D

Hawkeye
01-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I hope that Arizona doesn't go up against Baltimore for the exact reason Del mentioned; their defense is incredible. Hopefully the Steelers can beat them in next weekends match up.

For the Cardinals and the Eagles game next Saturday, I am still going to be cautioned about a Cardinals victory. I think if they played like they did on Saturday with the advantage of home stadium there shouldn't be any reason why we can't take it. I have to say, Saturday's game with about 6 turnovers (could be more), 5 interceptions and one fumble by the Arizona defense is a pretty incredible feat no matter who you are, and what is even more amazing is that it was done by the Cardinals. I know they have a pretty good defense, but nobody was expecting that. Match that with the offense and Kurt Warner's top game and Fitzgerald acting like he was fucking Superman, there is no reason why Arizona cannot go all the way to the Superbowl this year.

However, the Cardinals in the past have shown their true colors in big games and have allowed the other team to score 20 unanswered points, which I am afraid might happen again this Saturday. That is my fear.

Kurt Warner better get the MVP if we go all the way.

Chunk
01-12-2009, 05:21 PM
You do realize that Pitty had the number 1 D for the season? That means you would want to face Baltimore, Albeit they had the #2 defense... Either way if you are cheering for Zona, they will be going up against #1 or #2.

Oh ya, Go Steelers =)

Raistlin
01-12-2009, 05:39 PM
It would be really, really funny if Arizona won it all. I don't see them beating Philadelphia and then Baltimore/Pittsburgh, but then no one had them beating Carolina either (though I did think they'd beat Atlanta). I kind of have to root for them.

Baltimore/Pittsburgh should be a brutal game and the winner will definitely be favored to win the Super Bowl. I think the Eagles, as they've been playing lately, could give either team a good game, though. I hope that it's a Pittsburgh vs. Arizona Super Bowl, though. So, so funny.

edczxcvbnm
01-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Steelers/Baltimore will be a great game and lets hope this time that the refs get it right...not that the screw the last time they played would have changed anything what so ever...just sayin'.

Carolina is a team I never have faith in. They are overall just too inconsistent from what I see year in and year out. I don't know what it is about them but they don't inspire much confidence in me so I am not too surprised that they lost.

Now if only another #6 seed can win it all. We have already had the Steelers and Giants accomplish this in recent memory. I think it is great that this happens just because it goes to show that any team that makes it to the post season can never be counted out.

escobert
01-18-2009, 08:06 PM
It'd be cool to see philly and pitsburgh in the super bowl.

charliepanayi
01-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Arizona are carving up Philadelphia at the moment, 21-6 with three minutes of the first-half to go.

Tavrobel
01-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Get off your knees, ref, you're blowing the game.

Did I see what was quite possibly three missed holding calls, a :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: late hit, and a pass interference? Seriously?

Every team that was expected to win, lost. So, we were screwed by the universe anyways.

charliepanayi
01-18-2009, 10:31 PM
24-19 now to Arizona, perhaps there's life in this game yet? Should be a fun last quarter.

EDIT: Philadelphia now leading! Though there's lots of time still.

Del Murder
01-18-2009, 10:50 PM
This is a crazy game. The Eagles looked like they were ready to have a fork stuck in them earlier.

charliepanayi
01-18-2009, 11:01 PM
This is a crazy game. The Eagles looked like they were ready to have a fork stuck in them earlier.

They might well do still - touchdown Arizona! And the 2pt conversion!

All over, Arizona into the Superbowl. What a great game.

Tavrobel
01-18-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm ready to stab myself in the eye. Anyone want the other one?

edczxcvbnm
01-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Great game. I didn't think this game would be as good as it was going in and then the second half happened.

escobert
01-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah that was a great game. I expect the AFC game to be very good to.

Del Murder
01-19-2009, 12:18 AM
I might fall asleep during Pitt-Baltimore.

Hawkeye
01-19-2009, 12:24 AM
I hope the Steelers win against the Ravens. Steelers have a good line defense but it is questionable whether they can keep up with Larry Fitzgerald and Andrew Boldin on the 1st.

Go Cards!

Tavrobel
01-19-2009, 03:32 AM
And the dagger strikes hard and fast into the souls of both #6 seeds.

But after two weeks, we are all undefeated again. Then tempers will flare during the Draft.

charliepanayi
01-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Pittsburgh v Arizona huh. Arizona will probably enjoy the underdog status once again, but I think that Pittsburgh's defence might be the difference in this game. Hope it's as exciting as last year's game was.

Bunny
01-20-2009, 12:57 AM
I didn't really want Pittsburgh to win but they played the better game and deserved it more. The collision towards the end of the game was pretty painful looking, although I think both players are going to be okay. The Ravens released a statement saying McGahee has terrible neck pain, hopefully that's about it.

I'm rooting for the Cardinals in the Super Bowl, though I doubt they will win if they keep playing the way they did towards the end of the Championship game.

IronOcean
01-20-2009, 06:58 AM
i agree i will be rooting for the cards as well, we all love an underdog but it will be tough to beat the steelers the cards best hope is to get to big ben his front line is not all that well and he is prone to injury, but the down fall is they still have byron leftwich to back him up and he is not bad. i love kurt warner him and kerry collins showing the young kids how to play hop[efully they look at it as a learning expierence and dont act like little smurfs over it. Matt Leinart actually wants to play i dunno about vince young but age does not equal exp i guess these days. go cards it will be tough and i dunno if they can do it pitt is a super tough all around team but the front line is the weekeness can the cards do it?

Yar
01-20-2009, 07:02 AM
All I know is Steelers=Roethlisberger=Evil, from what I hear.

eestlinc
01-30-2009, 08:28 AM
I guess I am rooting for the Cardinals. Larry Fitzgerald is awesome.

I still can't believe the Steelers have such a great defense being coached by Dick LeBeau. He may be a great coordinator, but he is forever tarnished by my memories of him as head coach of the Bengals when I lived in Cincinnati.