PDA

View Full Version : Are Final Fantasy soundtracks copyright protected?

MJN SEIFER
01-11-2009, 08:24 PM
What I mean is, is it ok for me to use an FF song in a video, if I state that it was made by Nobuo Uematsu?

It says on his wiki page he "has no rights for the FF music."

Depression Moon
01-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Are you referring to videos like you see in youtube? If so then it's okay. It's copyrighted like anything else though.

MJN SEIFER
01-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Basically I want to use an FF song in a YouTube video, can I do it with out fear of someone from Square flagging me? (That's when you vids get removed for thoes who don't speak YouTube). Sorry if I'm asking you to repeat yourselves, but I can't afford to take any chances.

Slothy
01-11-2009, 10:34 PM
You're not making money on it so as long as you give credit it's ok. No one's going to sue you or flag it since they aren't losing any money. There's none to be made in making a Youtube video, and all you do is piss off fans if you go smacking them down everytime they do something to show their love for your products (even if it's just using a song in a free video).

trancekuja
01-11-2009, 10:39 PM
What Vivi22 said...although , Nobuo might come to claim your soul when you fall asleep

sdm42393
01-12-2009, 02:03 AM
Nobuo might come to claim your soul when you fall asleep

I learned that the hard way.

Jessweeee♪
01-12-2009, 03:32 AM
Ehh, every once in awhile some jerk comes along and flags them because they hate these sorta things, but you aren't really doing anything wrong :P