PDA

View Full Version : 24: Day 7

Del Murder
01-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Let's talk about season 7 of 24. What did you guys think of the premiere?

What do you think Tony is up to? Obviously things aren't as they seem since he was revealed as the bad guy in the very first episode. :p

Here's my thoughts:

I like the change in scene from LA to Washington. Gives it a fresh look. Similarly with using the FBI instead of CTU offices. It's funny how quickly they revert to the same old 24 formula of 'terrorists aquire super-powerful weapon and plan to use it to destroy America, and only Jack can stop them' but maybe this season will have some new bits.

As for Tony, he's probably working undercover or doesn't know the full scale of what he's into. In any event he'll turn good before hour 12 mark my words.

Kirobaito
01-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I thought it was interesting.

President Taylor sure is a Republican. You disagree with me? Fine. Get out!

Del Murder
01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Well, she beat Daniels who was VP under Wayne Palmer who is brother to David Palmer who sure as hell isn't one!

I like that reference was made to Logan, adding to my hopes that he will appear this season. Charles Logan is one of the best characters this show has produced.

Tavrobel
01-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Tony's going to be a good guy before hour 8, that is, if Jack doesn't accidentally tell him that he'll swear that he's going to protect him.

By the way, it's awesome.

Rocket Edge
01-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Has he gone to sleep in the series yet?

Cuchulainn
01-13-2009, 12:36 AM
24, the most annoying, unrealistic show on TV. The first series was epic, don't get me wrong. One day like that in your life is possible. But to be dragged on to 4324535 seasons all set in one effing day & managing to conclude in 24 hours annoyed.the.epic.living.hell outta me. I stopped watching halfway through the 3rd season.

Tavrobel
01-13-2009, 01:18 AM
Third hour. Del, we went over by quite a large amount of time. I have no doubt that we'll be seeing at least a little bit of everyone from the past six seasons.

Madame Adequate
01-13-2009, 03:20 AM
24, the most annoying, unrealistic show on TV. The first series was epic, don't get me wrong. One day like that in your life is possible. But to be dragged on to 4324535 seasons all set in one effing day & managing to conclude in 24 hours annoyed.the.epic.living.hell outta me. I stopped watching halfway through the 3rd season.

I found I enjoyed 24 a hell of a lot more when I turned my brain off and just let Jack Bauer be a badass. :p

Watched the first two hours so far, they were pretty cool. Oh god more conspiracies though. Very interesting twist in killing the President's son, I thought he'd be a major player here =o

Kirobaito
01-13-2009, 03:40 AM
First season, he fell asleep for about 5 seconds.

Tavrobel
01-13-2009, 03:42 AM
First season, he fell asleep for about 5 seconds.

And the first season that Audrey showed up, it had him just waking up.

Del Murder
01-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Third hour. Del, we went over by quite a large amount of time. I have no doubt that we'll be seeing at least a little bit of everyone from the past six seasons.
That was quick. :p

Tavrobel
01-13-2009, 04:42 AM
That was quick. :p

Well, at the very least, it is okay for Wikipedia to continue listing him as an antagonist, because he admitted that he really was working for Emerson for three years. That'd explain Day Six. If, you know, people didn't explain it with him being dead.

But knowing how deep the corruption goes (Jon Voight's dude in Redemption, no less, which means money, power, and the ability to kill the President's son without so much as a peep), the operation may not just be Logan at the top as it was in Day Five. Hell, for all we know, the last four Days have been connected.

edczxcvbnm
01-13-2009, 10:25 AM
I watched the first 3 episodes so far. Damn was it impressive. I hate Chole and Bill so much right now though...strictly because they are in it. Bill I am okay with because he is a cool in charge guy, Tony is a very well developed character in this point. Chole is just annoying and has never become anything more than Jack's computer bitch. FUCK CHOLE!

Having said that why is anyone who is remotely decent with computers have EXTREME social deficiencies? Seriously. Didn't that stereotype die like 6 years ago or something?

Other than those gripes and characters like the First Husband, it seems good so far but Day 6 was so bad I will remain skeptical for a while. As always, this series has close to if not the best production around.

Del Murder
01-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah the first husband is annoying as hell.

McLovin'
01-14-2009, 12:53 PM
I love Bill, awesome voice. And I love this concept of everyone thinking Jack is the bad guy even though he is doing what is truly best and in the end they will all honor Jack and stuff. Something tells me Tony will die if 24 continues with it random death streak. Or Bill since he has been around for awhile now :p

edczxcvbnm
01-26-2009, 10:44 PM
But Tony already died :o I think they should plan a zombie resurrection of all the past characters XD

Tavrobel
01-27-2009, 03:04 AM
Woah, awesome :skull::skull::skull::skull: this episode.

Madame Adequate
01-27-2009, 06:00 AM
It's hard to be too bothered about 270 lives when over 12,000 died last season in a full-on nuclear explosion. And then they ended with a possibility of over 18,000 dead. :p Of course the problem is that they want to try and top previous seasons, but they can't actually have more than a few relatively small terrorist plans succeed, otherwise it moves into post-apocalyptic territory.

The First Gentleman took a level in badass, which I liked.

Tavrobel
01-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Supposedly, the next episode has the good Colonel using the device to have planes asplode over a densely populated town. The person at the computer estimated about ten thousand dead, iirc.

McLovin'
03-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Something tells me Tony will die if 24 continues with it random death streak. Or Bill since he has been around for awhile now :p

Sucks :(

Del Murder
03-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah, but it wouldn't be 24 without it.

Season has been pretty good. There's the standard 'there's no way all this happens in one day' but that's cool we're used to it by now.

Del Murder
04-03-2009, 06:06 PM
The president's daugher is annoying as hell.

Also, I like how when Senator Mayer was starting to realize that people like Jack might be necessary to preserve our safety, and Jack finally coming to terms with having to start trusting the government he's given his life for, the senator is brutally murdered by a terrorist.

I wonder how Jack will manage to survive this virus. Unless this is the end? Kim is supposed to make an appearance near the end of the show. I wonder if it will be to say goodbye. Nah, Jack always wins.

Tavrobel
04-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Senator Mayer's death was one of those "it's going too well, something has to happen" kind of moments, in my opinion. I wish it hadn't really. It would've been great character development for Jack to see him come to terms with his actions and start working toward a constructive way of dealing with his past other than being badass. Additionally, the Liam Neeson-look-alike wasn't a terrorist, he was a mercenary for a private corporation.

But badassery vs. story? The badass must always win.

24's been renewed for an eighth season, I believe; or at the least, it's been green-lit according to Wikipedia. That sort of implies that Jack is still alive at the end of Day 7 and that the virus isn't as debilitating as it could be assumed; or maybe Day 8 isn't as far from Day 7 as we thought it would be.

Del Murder
04-03-2009, 06:49 PM
I always wondered if they would ever do back to back days. This might be it. It would be hard to pull off though.

Tavrobel
04-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I agree, it would be very difficult to pull off. I figure there would be a lot of "well after what happened yesterday," so it would more or less force people to already have known about Day 7. But, if Jack really is as debilitated as we suspect he could be, that'd give the show a very good reason to not have Jack show up for quite some time; 12 hours without Jack, but it would give the series a certain balance it's been lacking recently.

Needs more of that Walker figure from the FBI, really. I want to see how Jack's actions can seriously smurf up people, aside from the physical portion. We hear yelling, too, but I just want them to show off how their thought process just radically alters afterwards.

Del Murder
04-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Eh, that twist was stupid and nonsensical. I liked Larry too. Ever notice that as soon as someone agrees with Jack's methods they end up getting killed shortly after?

McLovin'
04-14-2009, 07:26 PM
I can see it now...

"This threat isn't over Madame President."

Cause the bad guys are all awake at 2 am. -_-

Del Murder
04-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Evil doesn't sleep, McLovin.

'After everything that's happened today...'

Madame Adequate
04-19-2009, 02:34 AM
What the smurf