PDA

View Full Version : Hard to believe Yu isnīt human(spoilers)

Future Esthar
01-12-2009, 11:28 PM
He is Yunalescaīs father isnīt it?
So how can he looks like that?
That squid is in fact another summon of Yu Yevon(like the pagodas).
A summoner doesnīt necessarily live inside the summon(this idea has no basis).I know that Sin can be used as a shield but wasnīt it smarter if a sosia of Yu is inside making people think that after so much sacrifice to go through the shell they manage to defeat Yu?This is called psychological manipulation.Maybe he wanders somewhere on Spira laughing on people.

Tavrobel
01-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Magical corruption. FFX has already shown how death and pseudo-death can adversely affect a person, e.g., Maester Mika, Seymour, Yunalesca, Auron, fiends, etc.

Your idea makes it sound like whatever is calling himself Yu Yevon is like a God figure. If only that blasted religion and all related allusions showed up in FFX, you may on to something!

A towel! ... wait a minute, I've been had! Albuquerque! See? I can do it too.

Goldenboko
01-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Here's a question for you FE, if the octopus isn't Yu-Yevon, why after killing it did all dreams summoning Sin, kept dreaming by Yu-Yevon, stop dreaming?

Jessweeee♪
01-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Here's a question for you FE, if the octopus isn't Yu-Yevon, why after killing it did all dreams summoning Sin, kept dreaming by Yu-Yevon, stop dreaming?

The octopus they killed for food, the spider on the other hand was what stopped it :spin:

Future Esthar
01-13-2009, 09:47 PM
The Bad Octopus (BO) is the center of mass of Sin.It uses gravity to sustain the shell.
On the other hand BO was created autonomous.Which is a smart move because when a person pay a thief to steal he makes sure that the thief stay quiet.Also,it wouldnīt be too smart to make the dreams stay because people would be suspicious.Yevon purposefully stopped the summons with his music.
And I know he is human.That is why I donīt believe he is the BO.

qwertysaur
01-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Alright, looks like either you make this up as you go or you misunderstood some parts of the game. Here is my take on Spira.

In the world of FFX, when someone dies, they become an unsent. It is after they are sent that they depart for the farplane. The point of intrest is the unsent themselves, because they are stuck in Limbo. If you play FFX-2, there is an optional dungeon called the Via Infinitivo. In this dungeon you fight some pretty difficult bosses. However the important note is who these bosses are. They are the unsent Kinoc, Jyscal, Mika, Yunalesca and Zaon, who all wound up there somehow. (never explained why Yunalesca and Zaon are there. The three Maesters wound up there after their respective exits) The point is, unsent eventually change into fiends and lose their minds unless they have some sense of a purpose to uphold. Mika was to guide Spira in faith. Yunalesca was to provide the Final Summoning to bring a calm. Auron had his promise to Braska and Jecht. With the exception of Auron, their senses of purpose was lost and they became fiends.

1000 Years ago, during the war between Bevelle and Zanarkand, Zanarkand all but lost to Bevelles more powerful Machina. Yu-Yevon in a last ditch effort first used the majority of the people of Zanarkand to create the Fayth Scar on top of Gagazet. He then casted many powerful Gravity spells and created the first Sin. He then programmed it to instinctively attack large groups of people in order to preserve Dream Zanarkand. It is logical to assume that Bevelle first tried to attack this first Sin, but were unable to defeat it. Yunalesca then became the first High Summoner when she defeated her own father.

Eventually the Yevon religion developed and ironically seated itself in Bevelle itself. The restictions on Machina and the sacredness of Gagazet were created to preserve and hide Dream Zanarkand. However, as 1000 years passed, the simple original programming to attack the large settlements was all that drove it. Since Sin itself was carrying out Yu's will, he lost his purpose and became a Fiend. His instict as a Fiend was to preserve Sin, which he does by taking the bodies of Aeons and pulling pyreflies towards it again. The calm is this period of Rebuilding.

Tavrobel
01-14-2009, 12:25 AM
YHBT, qwerty.

The Bad Octopus is clearly dead, because I ate him. He was delicious. Goes great when you fry it and then dip him into Soy Sauce.

Depression Moon
01-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Another one of these huh? It seems like you just be making them up. Yu Yevon in X was clearly stated who we was and possibly even more in X-2. You kill the squid the dreams go away and summoners don't live inside of summons it's the other way around. I just hope you won't dwell into IX or I really will have to put you right!

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2009, 04:11 PM
...I have to finish the Via Infinito without cheating one of these days.

Future Esthar
01-14-2009, 10:02 PM
You have to understand that this game has mysteries.What the script tells us is only the cover.To look inside the book one has to collect the graphycal and factual evidences which tells us the parts of the script which hide the truth(and therefore lied).
I know BO is not Yu and I think I know where he is on Spira.

Tavrobel
01-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Actually, the script is all that's there. I wonder, have you ever taken a Literature class? Or at least an English class?

Future Esthar
01-14-2009, 10:43 PM
By script I mean the dialogue.

Tavrobel
01-14-2009, 11:05 PM
DigiCube --> FFX Ultimania

Thanks for the context. You're still wrong.

Future Esthar
01-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Ultimania is an explanation of the cover storyline of games.It explains the context and what the characters think is happening.It donīt hold the final thruth.

Tavrobel
01-15-2009, 10:02 PM
I wonder, have you ever taken a Literature class? Or at least an English class?

I'm having serious doubts that you've ever played FFX before.

You're still wrong.

Future Esthar
01-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Literature has to do with the deepness of things,not the cover.
And English is not my first language.

Tavrobel
01-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Then your Literature teachers sucked at leading discussions and didn't tell you that the salient points of a work are what the authors give you.

You can't just make stuff up, pass it off as a theory, and expect people to think that you have some special insight into the plotline. Even if it is a theory, you have to have evidence that it works or is relevant to the plot; that would be the definition of the word theory. Otherwise, you can't say "this is the cover" when there is nothing left for the author to give. A story can only go as deep as its content and symbolism. You can't say "Yu Yevon isn't really there" when the game, the content of the story, says otherwise.

You can verify by equipping a weapon with the Sensor ability
You can verify with what Maechen says (after establishing his credibility in FFX, and confirming it in FFX-2)
You can verify with what Yunalesca and Mika say
You can verify by reading translations of the Ultimania guide, which is authorized by the authors

I reiterate: have you ever taken a Literature class? Stop trying to read into things that aren't there. You're doubting the ethos of the reliable characters and the authors, who created the work. If you wanted to create a theory that has no logic whatsoever behind it, you could just as easily dissect the Bible.

Even if English isn't your first language, the pattern to understanding a story is the same in every language.

Future Esthar
01-16-2009, 09:55 PM
As I told you,dialogue is not everythinhg.Context,graphics and events show I am right.I actually know where is Yu Yevon.
He donīt talk too much when we find him but we can spot it by looking at the surroundings and the context.

Bahamut2000X
01-16-2009, 11:40 PM
As I told you,dialogue is not everythinhg.Context,graphics and events show I am right.I actually know where is Yu Yevon.

I can't believe I'm being forced to honestly truly say this but...

Proof/Pics or it didn't happen.