PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Lupine

agrudis
01-13-2009, 11:04 AM
I was wondering, what happens to a werewolf during a total lunar eclipse? I mean, lunar eclipses only happen during full moons, so the transformation to a werewolf would happen before the eclipse.

But during the eclipse, would the werewolf stay a werewolf? Or would he/she turn back into a human for the duration of the eclipse?

Two people who I've already asked have both said that the werewolf would die, which is obviously nonsense, because if that was so then werewolves would have become extinct after the first lunar eclipse.

What does everyone else think?

Marshall Banana
01-13-2009, 11:18 AM
It's a special occasion on which we hunt for young virgins to eat.

Araciel
01-13-2009, 11:39 AM
It depends on the werewolf myth you're talking about.

Rantz
01-13-2009, 11:51 AM

I'm hiding under my cover next eclipse. :aimcry:

blackmage_nuke
01-13-2009, 12:17 PM
They go about eating unsuspecting kids who have been dragged away from their television screens and computer games to see this 'amazing' phenomenon. That'll show those parents for trying to educate their children.

They also steal everyones telescopes.

scrumpleberry
01-13-2009, 12:22 PM
They'd feel kind of dizzy and maybe go around kissing babies and helping old ladies cross the street for a while.

Marshall Banana
01-13-2009, 04:32 PM

I'm hiding under my cover next eclipse. :aimcry:

Rantz
01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
:whimper:

Del Murder
01-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I'd say they turn back into a human for a few minutes then back to werewolf form later. Or, they don't exist in the first place.

rubah
01-13-2009, 06:28 PM
If they turned back human, then they should do that when it's cloudy, too.

Let's just think about possible reasons why werewolves would be affected by a full moon
1) they are on a 29-day transformation cycle, and the moon is not actually the cause, it's just a cycle.
2) reflected light from the moon reaches a certain intensity
3) they can sense when a moon is 'full'
4) ???
5) ???

The only one of these that makes any astronomical sense at all is the first one. The second is invalid because the moon at apogee and perigee (furthest away, closest) would already have different values of luminosity

the third is invalid because just as often as not, a full moon occurs during the day, but werewolves only transform at night.

Of course, the first suffers from the fact that the lunar cycle is not precisely 29 days.

OH NO

Roogle
01-13-2009, 07:05 PM
It could be a psychological phenomenon, too, Allison. Maybe that, combined with your first point, could explain the transformations of werewolves.

Rye
01-13-2009, 07:06 PM

This just in: the reason of the decrease of activity on EoFF.

We can cancel the Event Committee now. Now, we focus on the hunt!

Del Murder
01-13-2009, 07:42 PM
I think I remember a cartoon where clouds kept going in front of the moon and the werewolf kept changing.

I always thought it had something to do with the full moon's light. Like the yellow sun affecting Superman. But Superman keeps his powers at night. (new thread topic--does Superman get weaker at night?) So maybe it is just a cycle thing, like PMS. I wonder if that's how the werewolf myth got started.

rubah
01-13-2009, 08:21 PM
*grows fur*

Psychotic
01-13-2009, 08:24 PM
*grows fur*You're hairy enough as it is!

Goldenboko
01-13-2009, 08:46 PM
I think I remember a cartoon where clouds kept going in front of the moon and the werewolf kept changing.

http://content8.flixster.com/movie/35/32/32/3532326_det.jpg

Shaggy had a girlfriend in that one, which is preposterous we all know shaggy and scooby are dating!

Caraliz
01-13-2009, 09:12 PM
*grows fur*
#eoff filter

Leeza
01-14-2009, 12:47 AM
Think of the werewolf as the ocean. When the Moon, Earth and Sun are aligned, the gravitational pull of the sun adds to that of the moon causing maximum tides. I think gravity might have something to do with werewolves being what they are so a lunar eclipse would turn the werewolf into a super werewolf. :cat:

Montoya
01-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Puberty.

agrudis
01-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Think of the werewolf as the ocean. When the Moon, Earth and Sun are aligned, the gravitational pull of the sun adds to that of the moon causing maximum tides. I think gravity might have something to do with werewolves being what they are so a lunar eclipse would turn the werewolf into a super werewolf. :cat:

I like the idea of a super werewolf. But I don't know if your little Pikachu thing pushed me towards listening to you...

scrumpleberry
01-20-2009, 10:39 PM
T-that's a cat :cat:

rubah
01-20-2009, 10:51 PM
(her avasig, miss berry)
(also, no one tell leeza but the forces of gravity would cancel each other out since they're occurring from opposite sides x.x; (well not really because the sun is really big) now, a solar eclipse and we might have something there!)

scrumpleberry
01-20-2009, 11:02 PM
lawl i suck when I'm ill. Anyway I still feel that Leeza's is a fairly awesome theory. I'm not the best physicist out there, but the forces of gravity won't be perfectly balanced, will they?

Cloud Strife-78-
01-26-2009, 12:36 AM
Maybe they become werebunnys^
Beware of
Werebunnys!
:laughing:
They only die by silver trout :trout: