KentaRawr!
01-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Well?

Rantz
01-13-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm cooking right now, Kentarou!

Craig
01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
well i cant cook at all, like literally, clueless. but i made it my new years resolution to learn and i made my first my ever the other day which was a curry. although my gf helped me

Bunny
01-13-2009, 05:41 PM
I cook good.

scrumpleberry
01-13-2009, 05:46 PM
I can feed myself okay but I'm not a great chef.

Del Murder
01-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I can cook decently for myself but I like it better when my girlfriend cooks for me. :)

Rocket Edge
01-13-2009, 06:13 PM
I love cooking. Its theraputic!

Tavrobel
01-13-2009, 06:15 PM
I have found that I am an expert at following the instructions on a box.

Rye
01-13-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't really know how to cook many things, because I've not really tried! I really prefer baking, I'm pretty great at that! Especially making pumpkin pies.

I make a meaaaaan omelette though.

Fujiko
01-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Of course I can cook ;D I do it all the time, and it's good <3

rubah
01-13-2009, 06:23 PM
I haven't really tried, but I think I could if I approached it in a scientific manner.

kikimm
01-13-2009, 07:00 PM
I absolutely love to cook, I do it pretty much every day, and if I'm allowed to be so arrogant, I think I'm pretty damn good at it. Still learning a lot, though. :p I love to bake as well, especially cheesecakes. >=D

Being in total control of what you put into your own body is :up:

Fujiko
01-13-2009, 07:01 PM
I absolutely love to cook, I do it pretty much every day, and if I'm allowed to be so arrogant, I think I'm pretty damn good at it. Still learning a lot, though. :p I love to bake as well, especially cheesecakes. >=D

;)

escobert
01-13-2009, 07:01 PM
I cook everyday at work :p

and yeah I cook for myself and liz most often.

Rye
01-13-2009, 07:03 PM

Oh yes, I love this. I love that I can make myself omelettes for lunch knowing that they're good for me. Low fat mozzerella + egg white beaters that are only 30 calories for 1/4 of a cup, and bacon bits that are only 25 calories per tbsp, I love being able to make a really yummy meal for under 200 calories.

Goldenboko
01-13-2009, 07:04 PM
I can cook somethings better then others. All hail instant pasta with leftover tomato sauce.

Zeldy
01-13-2009, 10:03 PM
No, I can't cook. I tryed to fry an egg, ended up under-cooking it and throwing it into the bin and I left the gas on and stunk the house out and gave myself a headache. So I can't cook.

Tama2
01-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Yes
I
Can

o_O
01-13-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm hopeless at cooking, but I've been making an effort to learn lately!

I can make some pretty decent French toast and pancakes though. :p

Vermachtnis
01-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Yup I can totally cook! Nothing too fancy, but I can try. I've never blown up a kitchen or caught anything on fire at least!

Caraliz
01-13-2009, 10:33 PM
I cook everyday at work :p

and yeah I cook for myself and liz most often.
!

I prefer to bake! And I'd love to cook more often, as long as I wasn't paranoid about screwing it up and ruining an entire meal. xD I'm a pretty good cook though, I just need a little bit more confidence.

My policy is that he touches and handles all the raw meat. I can't do that :skull::skull::skull::skull:. Raw meat is so grossssssss. ;_;

Loony BoB
01-13-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm okay. I can cook. Just not anything special, and not anything amazing. In other words, I can do basic meals like steamed veges, things you shove in an oven and turn once in a while, stuff like that. Having said that, I've cooked a full lasagne/salad type meal when I was living with a family before, amongst other things, so I know I can go the full distance if needed. It's just not a sensible option given my circumstances.

Rye
01-13-2009, 11:02 PM
I think I'm gonna try cooking stir fry tomorrow. Any suggestions to make it SPICY and FLAVORFUL?

This recipe looks magical:

Chow Mein Noodles - Chow Mein Recipe (http://chinesefood.about.com/od/chowmein/r/chowmein.htm)

But oyster sauce sounds icky. And I dunno if I'm that good at cooking to make that!

Depression Moon
01-13-2009, 11:45 PM
I can cook and bake okay. I mostly just fry and grill stuff like the standard breakfast meals, bologna, hotdogs, and hamburgers. I fried fish before and baked chicken too. They turned out okay as so did the chocolate chip muffins I made one time too. The one thing I'm probably the best at is making home cooked Sicilian-style pizza. My mother told me how to cook some things. I know you women like a man that cooks right?

Cleric
01-14-2009, 02:53 AM
I cook daily I would say. I love every minute of it too lol

Fonzie
01-14-2009, 03:22 AM
I take a curious approach to cooking. I'll add different things to other recipes and see how they will turn out. If I like it, I'll keep making it, if I don't, it's just trial and error.

I'm always looking for something different.

Del Murder
01-14-2009, 03:48 AM
I just cooked tacos right now suckas!

Bunny
01-14-2009, 03:51 AM
Who needs to cook when you have a girlfriend that will do it for you?!

Denmark
01-14-2009, 04:09 AM
Cooking is easy.

kikimm
01-14-2009, 04:14 AM
I think I'm gonna try cooking stir fry tomorrow. Any suggestions to make it SPICY and FLAVORFUL?

This recipe looks magical:

Chow Mein Noodles - Chow Mein Recipe (http://chinesefood.about.com/od/chowmein/r/chowmein.htm)

But oyster sauce sounds icky. And I dunno if I'm that good at cooking to make that!

You don't have to be a good cook to do a stir fry, it's really easy. And that recipe tells you pretty much exactly what to do. If you want it spicy, maybe throw in deseeded thai pepper, or a jalapeno. Or just red pepper flakes, maybe!

Also, don't worry about the oyster sauce. It smells disgusting but it's not going to make it taste like that or anything. Even if you don't like oysters it's nothing to worry about.

Shiny
01-14-2009, 04:26 AM
I've been banned from using anything that causes fires.

escobert
01-14-2009, 04:49 AM
stir fry is easy and fun! I make liz do it xD

I mainly cook the meat stuffs as she said. at work I cook a lot of shrimp scampi and chicken alfrado. a few other variations. I also do lobster dinners. Oh and lots of mussels and clams!

Bastian
01-14-2009, 05:19 AM
All I "eat" are protein shakes unless I'm eating out or eating at a friend's . . . Which is fine since my cooking abilities end at the microwave. :/

Miriel
01-14-2009, 07:24 AM
But oyster sauce sounds icky. And I dunno if I'm that good at cooking to make that![/SIZE]

Rye, if you've ever eaten Chinese food, chances are, you've had oyster sauce. People think that soy sauce is the main sauce-y ingredient in things like fried rice and chow mein but a lot of the time it's oyster sauce. Korean food uses a ton of oyster sauce too.

kikimm is right, it smells horrid but the taste is amazingly mild.

As for the topic, I'm such a mothersmurfing hardcore cook. I rock. :cool:

Montoya
01-14-2009, 07:57 AM
No.

Araciel
01-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Yea I can cook.

Hot dogs and Kraft Dinner is an awesome dish.

Værn
01-14-2009, 11:37 AM
80% of my food comes from the microwave =)

Ouch!
01-14-2009, 11:56 AM
I cook fairly well when given a recipe. I'm not one for deviating from instructions, though. Also, due to a lack of kitchen, I don't cook often.

Cleric
01-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Mmmm I just made the best lunch. Turkey burgers with a home made honey dijonnaise, crisp romaine lettuce, on sourdough bread topped off with a slice of pepper jack cheese. I really am glad that I have the ability to cook lol.

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2009, 05:04 PM
No...I couldn't even make grilled cheese until I got that sandwich maker (whose name is now Ar Gar).

Moon Rabbits
01-14-2009, 09:27 PM
I am the master of cooking any kind of egg, I also make a mean steak~ I like to make hamburgers and bacon, too.

I prefer baking, though~

Meat Puppet
01-14-2009, 10:11 PM
I cook like a mother fucker. Weird... I thought I already posted in this thread.

Momiji
01-14-2009, 10:18 PM
I can cook, I just don't like to. xD

Rye
01-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Oh. =O I didn't know oyster sauce was so common. I just assume it's really... I dunno... seafood-ish. xD I don't like seafood, though I wish I did. Maybe I'll make that stir fry when I come back from college for a weekend.

I made Spicy Black Beans and White Rice tonight. My Mom made some baked chicken so I added some of that, which was yummy, because it balanced out the super spiciness.

It was surprisingly delicious. I'm proud!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ryechuuu/food2.jpg

Quindiana Jones
01-14-2009, 10:59 PM
I cook like a god.

Bunny
01-14-2009, 11:21 PM
I cook like a god.

Which god? I hear some of them burn their vegetables.

Quindiana Jones
01-14-2009, 11:49 PM
I cook like a god of brilliant cooking.

10-Breaker
01-15-2009, 10:56 AM
I cook pretty much when I can and want to. It's more satisfying to make your own food than a small microwave meal, or oven pizza.

Jiro
01-15-2009, 11:03 AM
I can cook very basic stuff. Mostly I just cba or haven't tried, but I'm good enough to live.

KentaRawr!
01-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Rye...

That looks delicious! :Eek:

IronOcean
01-17-2009, 01:41 AM
I cook for ten hours a day about 70 + hours a week i can cook but i very very rarely cook at home. Unless the ladies are coming over then i cook for them ;) Or they cook for me and they are scared to but dont understand how good of a treat it is.

Brennan
01-18-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm not great, but I usually learn to cook some foods easily.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-18-2009, 11:27 PM
At home I don't cook anything special or complicated. I can make a mean spaghetti sauce and am not bad at everything else. I honestly prefer baking, I am WAY better baker than a cook. At work, I am the one who gets designated to make the apple "pie" because I make them the best. :D

War Angel
01-18-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't cook. I eat my food RAW, as a man SHOULD.

Kirobaito
01-19-2009, 12:51 AM
I do cook for myself. Last night I made haggis and tatties in preparation for Burns' Night next Sunday. Mainly, since the importation of sheep haggis is banned in the US, I had to come up with an alternative recipe, and last night was largely an attempt to see if it would be possible. Indeed it was. Calf liver and ground bison minced with onions and toasted oats, with pepper and menudo spice mix. I think it overall worked out well. It's as close to real haggis as I'm going to get without spending $30 for three cans of actual American haggis.

Tavrobel
01-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Oh. =O I didn't know oyster sauce was so common. I just assume it's really... I dunno... seafood-ish. xD

Oyster sauce can also be used as flavor for many different types of soup and as a heavy salt-concentrated dipping sauce (and by heavy, you get half a day's worth of salt in a single tablespoon).

I honestly can't find any containers for it that are sold in anything less than 24 fluid ounces.

Rase
01-19-2009, 01:20 AM
I love to cook, but my being in a dorm room that lacks any way to do so kind of limits me. I make sure to whenever I get the chance though.

black orb
01-19-2009, 02:41 AM
>>> Yes i can, but im the only one who can stand eating the horrible food i make..

Wolf Kanno
01-19-2009, 06:00 AM
I use to cook alot when I was in high school cause I never got home til 2am thanks to my useless job at the time. :rolleyes2

I was pretty good and I experimented quite a bit but once I got to college and a different job I slowly stopped cooking altogether. I do enjoy cooking actually and when I was a server at a restaurant, the cooks used to show me stuff all the time. I started cooking again recently but I'm not as consistent as I was before. I'm not sure if I'll ever reclaim my dream of being a chef... :(

Bahamut, King of Dragons
01-24-2009, 04:33 AM
I love cooking. I make absolute delicacies. They usually involve ramen or macaroni and cheese, but they are delicacies nonetheless. What can I say, I'm a poor college student. I've found cooking to be an excellent outlet for creativity. I take a very artistic approach to it. No pot of noodles ever comes out exactly the same, but mostly, the results are quite appealing to the palate. I've only ever ruined food by being too heavy handed with strong flavors like pepper, and that happened by complete accident.

Momiji
01-24-2009, 04:38 AM
I love cooking. I make absolute delicacies. They usually involve ramen or macaroni and cheese, but they are delicacies nonetheless. What can I say, I'm a poor college student. I've found cooking to be an excellent outlet for creativity. I take a very artistic approach to it. No pot of noodles ever comes out exactly the same, but mostly, the results are quite appealing to the palate. I've only ever ruined food by being too heavy handed with strong flavors like pepper, and that happened by complete accident.

The best part of ramen and macaroni and cheese is that they're versatile and inexpensive. They're especially good when they're all you have, so it means you have to get creative. Just today, I took a box of macaroni and cheese, and threw in seasoning salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, a small shot of barbecue sauce, and parmesan cheese in with it, along with the cheese, butter, and milk, and stirred it all up. I sometimes add parsley flakes for color as well.

It sounds weird, but it was actually pretty awesome.

Chibi Youkai
01-24-2009, 06:27 AM
I cook for myself, and for several other of my friends when we get tired of eating at the galley, which is quite frequently.

I did get to cook for 13 (yes, unlucky number), for Christmas, and it turned out pretty well.