PDA

View Full Version : Voice Thread

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2009, 02:43 AM
You know what to do!

I made this thread 'cause I was recording my voice for a school project, and when I played it back I was like "Oh gawd, I'm officially a Texan..." I mean I knew I used some words that people outside a' Texas don't use much, but I didn' know I had the accent!

If you're having trouble with file sizes, try going here (http://www.media-convert.com/) and converting it to a different file type.

Rye
01-14-2009, 03:01 AM
You don't sound like I expected. At all. =O

I decided to make a voice recording without saying only saying cawffee dog for once. As a result, I was dry for conversation. :(

Tama2
01-14-2009, 03:05 AM
I've been waiting for another one. :O

*Makes a recording*

Madame Adequate
01-14-2009, 03:20 AM
Rye made this happen. Don't blame me for my unbearable voice.

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2009, 03:21 AM
Look, guys, I'm DD!

Rye
01-14-2009, 03:22 AM
Rye made this happen. Don't blame me for my unbearable voice.

THAT WAS NOT YOUR IRISH ACCENT. >;OOOOOOOOO

Denmark
01-14-2009, 03:58 AM
Look, guys, I'm DD!

IIIIIIIII aaaaaaaaaaaaaam so confused by this file.

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2009, 04:00 AM
It was a pun D:

You never saw that episode of Dexter's Lab that was like an Opera?

D:

Bastian
01-14-2009, 05:25 AM
Um . . . I don't have any digital recordings of my speaking voice except for my reel (acting reel). And that's not posted online. But you can hear me singing at Invalid Friend ID (http://myspace.com/chritianclinton) . . .

Roogle
01-14-2009, 06:36 AM
This is a short audio sketch (http://www.eyesonff.com/roo/boarcomplete3.wav) that I made for a game called Of Light and Darkness: Madness of the False God.

There are five characters in the scene that I voiced, including the women:

Rooko: There's a tusk coming out of this ice cream!

Asaph: Come now, Rooko. Certainly, you have heard of this delicacy?

Karina: Boar is appreciated across the entire continent. If you will not eat it, I will.

Saylin: Uh, why don't you try some of my ice cream, Reisma?

Reisma: Oh, I'll try anything of yours, Saylin!

Reisma giggles.

Saylin snickers.

And, here, this is something that I made a few days ago.

Montoya
01-14-2009, 08:00 AM
No voice, but just imagine me saying "Dude" and "Like" more than humanly thought possible.

scrumpleberry
01-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Rye, were there people screaming in the background of yours? D:

Rantz
01-14-2009, 04:03 PM
This is the list.

Marshall Banana
01-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Rantzien, your voice is cool. =O

Rantz
01-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Marshall banana's voice is one of the reasons why Marshall banana is on the list! :razz:

Rye
01-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Rantz sounds like a super serious host for The Mole!

Monda's voice is the cutest. ;; ♥

Madame Adequate
01-14-2009, 05:45 PM
=[ Rye makes me.

Marshall Banana
01-14-2009, 05:50 PM
I didn't understand anything you said.

Madame Adequate
01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Murcans. >=[

Bunny
01-14-2009, 05:54 PM
You mumbled a couple times but otherwise it's pretty understandable.

Obviously, his list is people he will kill or impregnate soon. It's hard to tell which it is with that guy.

demondude
01-14-2009, 06:05 PM
I love the Irish accent, but it was quite hard to understand. =p

Cuchulainn
01-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Ahhh the voice thread...such a little LOOK AT ME exercise.

Who's Irish? IS THERE ANOTHER ACTIVE IRISH MEMBER?. I remember one a while back..

scrumpleberry
01-14-2009, 06:30 PM
I think I have a recording somewhere of me doing 2 chapters of "My Immortal", but I don't know who would be interested to hear it.

MILF loves it really, he's just using Rye as an excuse :o His Oirish accent scares me.

Momiji
01-14-2009, 06:31 PM
I think I have a recording somewhere of me doing 2 chapters of "My Immortal", but I don't know who would be interested to hear it.

MILF loves it really, he's just using Rye as an excuse :o His Oirish accent scares me.

The song or the god-awful fanfic? I think we could all get some laughs if it's the fanfic. :p

scrumpleberry
01-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Well the song isn't in chapters! It'd be too big anyway, I think. It's not very good x)

Rye
01-14-2009, 07:06 PM

Who's Irish? IS THERE ANOTHER ACTIVE IRISH MEMBER?. I remember one a while back..

I'm My Own MILF. He's from Belfast too. :jess:

Psychotic
01-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Rantzien inspired me.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QCH8HTFL)

The way I say Spatvark is incredibly gay I don't know what the fuck happened there. Then again everything I say sounds incredibly gay so.

Rye
01-14-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm important enough to get a tongue roll, Eliza?! :bigsmile:

Just for future recorders, yousendit.com is a really fantastic website for this sort of stuff. It keeps the file up for 7 days, and you don't have to jump through hoops with Megaupload to download anything. xD

scrumpleberry
01-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I actually burst out laughing when you said Spatvark. Especially after you made my name try to sound ungay and tried so hard to be a manly tribal shaman with ShunNakamura!

Psychotic
01-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I was actually trying to be Japanese. Ish. I don't know. Some people's names just set me off, man.

demondude
01-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Psy, how do I listen to yours? It takes me to the description, but there is just loads of adverts on the page. =[

Psychotic
01-14-2009, 07:59 PM
There's a code you need to enter, then it counts down a 45 second timer, then you click download. All you need to do then is listen and post a reply making fun of me!

demondude
01-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Hehe, that was ... interesting.

qwertysaur
01-14-2009, 08:11 PM
If you mail me a mic I'll record my voice and put it up :p

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Does someone want to hear me speak dutch? :p

Bunny
01-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Say my name is Dutchey!

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2009, 08:23 PM
No, bad bunny!

scrumpleberry
Read out a passage of your favourite dutch novel and then provide us with a translation! I like making fun of european people's accents!

Purunyuu~~
Sure, since I'm the only person besides you that understands what you're saying. :p

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Sure, since I'm the only person besides you that understands what you're saying. :p

Oh right.. damn, now I can't insult anyone. :shifty:

Read out a passage of your favourite dutch novel and then provide us with a translation! I like making fun of european people's accents!

slight problem there.. I don't have any dutch novels. I only read english books. >_>

scrumpleberry
01-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Well, a magazine or newspaper then! Just let me make fun of your accent >: (

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Sure ok.

*preview*

---------------

Me(in dutch): "Hundreds die in school shoot-out"

Scrumples: "Hahaha, funny."

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2009, 09:22 PM
There you go.

Momiji
01-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Monda's voice is so cute! :heart:

I may do a recording now that I have a microphone...however, I don't feel like having my voice made fun of. I get enough of that on Xbox Live.

Quindiana Jones
01-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Gimme something to say and I'll record it.

Bunny
01-14-2009, 10:03 PM
"Allow me to be frank at the commencement. You will not like me. The gentlemen will be envious and the ladies will be repelled. You will not like me now and you will like me a good deal less as we go on. Ladies, an announcement: I am up for it, all the time. That is not a boast or an opinion, it is bone hard medical fact. I put it round you know. And you will watch me putting it round and sigh for it. Don't. It is a deal of trouble for you and you are better off watching and drawing your conclusions from a distance than you would be if I got my tarse up your petticoats. Gentlemen. Do not despair, I am up for that as well. And the same warning applies. Still your cheesy erections till I have had my say. But later when you shag - and later you will shag, I shall expect it of you and I will know if you have let me down - I wish you to shag with my homuncular image rattling in your gonads. Feel how it was for me, how it is for me and ponder. 'Was that shudder the same shudder he sensed? Did he know something more profound? Or is there some wall of wretchedness that we all batter with our heads at that shining, livelong moment. That is it. That is my prologue, nothing in rhyme, no protestations of modesty, you were not expecting that I hope. I am John Wilmot, Second Earl of Rochester and I do not want you to like me. "

Go, Quin. Go.

Rantz
01-14-2009, 10:05 PM
There you go.

You sound just like my classmate. He's Bosnian! :laugh:

scrumpleberry
01-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Inisist upon my behalf that Aerith's Knight makes his voice more prepubescently squeaky and heavily accented! It is far too pleasant and not nearly funny enough >:(

I think I heard you say Jean Claude Van Damme at one point x))) Or was that just me?

Værn
01-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Monda's voice is so cute! :heart:

I may do a recording now that I have a microphone...however, I don't feel like having my voice made fun of. I get enough of that on Xbox Live.Do it! PEER PRESSURE!

Momiji
01-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Come to think of it, the only people from EoFF who have heard my voice are JKTrix, Paul, Jess (all 3 on Xbox Live), and Lekana (who calls me from time to time, more often than I think she does, but because I never have my phone on me, I rarely answer. I wonder how many of those calls are drunk calls.). :p

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Gimme something to say and I'll record it.

Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?

Inisist upon my behalf that Aerith's Knight makes his voice more prepubescently squeaky and heavily accented! It is far too pleasant and not nearly funny enough >:[

...I'm sorry?

I think I heard you say Jean Claude Van Damme at one point x))) Or was that just me?

That was you, just a bunch of names out of our political system. xD

It was "..Martijn van Dam.."

Rye
01-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I want to speak Dutch. Or German. Or something of that sort. =[

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2009, 11:37 PM
AK you need to post a link to that song kill you made for mafia! There isn't enough singing in this thread. Also Momiji just post your voice already >;o

Levian
01-14-2009, 11:52 PM
I had no idea it was this hard to record your voice without talking in some weird accent.

and I probably should've followed the rantzien and psy trend when there were fewer people and no edczxcvbnm online.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GJ1JLM9V)

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2009, 11:52 PM
I want to speak Dutch. Or German. Or something of that sort. =[

I can speak both, and neither does any good while trying to impress the ladies. :p

AK you need to post a link to that song kill you made for mafia! There isn't enough singing in this thread.

Sound Lantern - Robot Devil Death song (http://www.soundlantern.com/UpdatedSoundPage.do?ToId=25619)

And the shame begins...

Rye
01-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Yesss, there is a member named sexxxx~

I died. xD

Cuchulainn
01-14-2009, 11:56 PM

I DIDNT KNOW HE WAS FROM BELFAST!!!! MILF MA BOY, WHAT PART U FROM

OK, I just listened to MILFs voice thread and there is absolutely no way that's a Belfast accent. There is no way that's even English. Infact there is no way I'm ever listening to that confused madness again.

Anyway, this is actually my brother who's a bit nuts and likes to record himself with his phone annoying people and puting it on Youtube. In this episode he seen an old man looking through a skip and just needed to confront him. There may be skeptics thinking this is not actually my brother....but sadly it is & have back up if needed. Anyway, THIS is the Belfadt accent.

YouTube - bin hoker (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IytiRfftHnw)

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Whaaaaaat, really?

Madame Adequate
01-15-2009, 12:03 AM

Well, the family has roots that go pretty deep in the Shankill Road. But when I was there (Grew up between Norn Iron and England) I lived with my grandparents in a place called Ballycairn Hill, which was about nine houses and nothing else, with the most beautiful view of Belfast. I believe it was out in the direction of Drumbo. When my Granda Jack died we moved to Newtownards.

Rantz
01-15-2009, 12:03 AM
I had no idea it was this hard to record your voice without talking in some weird accent.

and I probably should've followed the rantzien and psy trend when there were fewer people and no edczxcvbnm online.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GJ1JLM9V)

xDDDD Oh I love you.

Peegee
01-15-2009, 12:06 AM
It says here yer asian.

Tama2
01-15-2009, 12:08 AM
My son and me are learning the alphabet. : D

And sometimes we start yelling at each other. : D

Cuchulainn
01-15-2009, 12:11 AM

Well, the family has roots that go pretty deep in the Shankill Road. But when I was there (Grew up between Norn Iron and England) I lived with my grandparents in a place called Ballycairn Hill, which was about nine houses and nothing else, with the most beautiful view of Belfast. I believe it was out in the direction of Drumbo. When my Granda Jack died we moved to Newtownards.

Sweet! Another local Irishman. You may be Protestant but I won't hold that against you :P Some of Ireland's greatest men were Protestant, Henry Joy McCracken, Wolfe Tone, Napper Tandy etc.
I remember there was another Irishman here from Ballycastle, Cless, he still active?

Dude, you better not sound like your voice in this thread in real life...that's just wrong.

Rye
01-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Call me culturally ignorant, but I can't really hear a great deal of difference between Hux's accent and that kid's accent, except that Hux muttered a lot, and his sounds just a little exaggerated, probably because he's been away from N. Ireland for many years.

Hux just sounds American in real life. :p

Cuchulainn
01-15-2009, 12:12 AM
My son and me are learning the alphabet. : D

And sometimes we start yelling at each other. : D

Nice, who's the adult speaking to you?

Call me culturally ignorant, but I can't really hear a great deal of difference between Hux's accent and that kid's accent, except that Hux muttered a lot, and his sounds just a little exaggerated, probably because he's been away from N. Ireland for many years. =O

hahaha That kid's in his 20s has 2 kids with another on the way. Wouldn't think it would you?

Captain Maxx Power
01-15-2009, 12:25 AM
My voice can be heard here. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=58eMgW0Y4jk)

Jessweeee♪
01-15-2009, 12:35 AM
I think Maxx says "bum raped" funny xD

Slothy
01-15-2009, 12:53 AM
I tried recording something but it just ended up being me reciting Apollo's monologue from the Season 3 finale of Battlestar Galactica. Seeing as it's three minutes I think I'll give it another go some time.

And thanks to Levian for mentioning me in his recording. I feel so special. :love:

Momiji
01-15-2009, 12:55 AM
AK you need to post a link to that song kill you made for mafia! There isn't enough singing in this thread. Also Momiji just post your voice already >;o

Maybe when I get my laptop back. ;P

Freya
01-15-2009, 01:14 AM
Come to think of it, the only people from EoFF who have heard my voice are JKTrix, Paul, Jess (all 3 on Xbox Live), and Lekana (who calls me from time to time, more often than I think she does, but because I never have my phone on me, I rarely answer. I wonder how many of those calls are drunk calls.). :p

ACTUALLY, never o.o. I don't think to call you when drunk. lulz

Momiji
01-15-2009, 01:15 AM
You always said you were going to drunk call me sometime. xD

Freya
01-15-2009, 01:34 AM
Hey you can't blame my thought process when drunk. I think it was after you stopped answering so often xD

My mic has broke so nothing from me. I'm half tempted to put up something AK sang though :)

Aerith's Knight
01-15-2009, 01:39 AM
0_0

Tama2
01-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Headphones can also be used as mics. : D

Denmark
01-15-2009, 02:13 AM

I tried this. Mine was far too quiet. So alas, no speech from me.

Peegee
01-15-2009, 02:23 AM

Get a mic. It costs next to nothing and you said you have monies.

Levian
01-15-2009, 02:27 AM
Do you have a Dell laptop, denmark?

Tama2
01-15-2009, 02:34 AM

So no Chocolate Rain? :[

Denmark
01-15-2009, 03:23 AM
No, yes, no.

Evastio
01-15-2009, 04:24 AM
So many of the girls have cute voices. :love:

Though Rye's really suprised me. Her voice is much more, softer and innocent sounding than I thought it would be. It doesn't fit her cheery, loud, and cocky EoFF voice at all.

Aerith's Knight
01-15-2009, 04:31 AM
I know everyone thought Monda's voice was cute, which it was, but to me it sounded like.. well, a very young girl's voice. Like ten and under.

sry monda

Momiji
01-15-2009, 04:36 AM
I know everyone thought Monda's voice was cute, which it was, but to me it sounded like.. well, a very young girl's voice. Like ten and under.

sry monda

Who cares what age she sounds? That's an adorable voice. :D

Leen-Leen
01-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Oooh, a voice thread! I haven't posted a recording yet. I SHALL!

Later.

Blue Harvest
01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Aw darn my mic's not working. Too bad :p

Captain Maxx Power
01-15-2009, 12:22 PM
I think Maxx says "bum raped" funny xD

It's like a "catchphrase" that me and my friends use. Whenever we use back roads we call them "Bum Rape Alley". Also vis a vis your posted voice; I know rite? Stupid non-computer people and their lack of knowledge!

Jiro
01-15-2009, 12:36 PM
I second the "Rye sounds too innocent" motion somewhere previously. ;)

Old Manus
01-15-2009, 01:12 PM
No welsh this time guys

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I02HAZ6F)

Rye
01-15-2009, 01:14 PM
So many of the girls have cute voices. :love:

Though Rye's really suprised me. Her voice is much more, softer and innocent sounding than I thought it would be. It doesn't fit her cheery, loud, and cocky EoFF voice at all.

Is it really, now? =O

Cuchulainn
01-15-2009, 01:36 PM
No welsh this time guys

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I02HAZ6F)

I will listen when I get home. I swear if you have a deep strong Welsh accent i will literally never stop laughing.

Old Manus
01-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Oh you're looking for deep strong welsh accents? I'll rope Sergeant Hartman in now

also i'm poasting this from my ps3 lol

Purunyuu~~
01-15-2009, 02:21 PM
There you go.

Hmm, sexy voice. Especially when you talk with that english accent. :jokey:

Evastio
01-16-2009, 03:49 AM
Is it really, now? =O
Yeah. You do seem to be the center of attention a lot, making your EoFF "voice" seem confident and outspoken. You also use happy looking smileys a lot which is quite ironic, considering how shy and timid your real life voice sounds.

Shiny
01-22-2009, 01:53 AM
I can do high pitched voice too.

Jessweeee♪
01-22-2009, 02:10 AM
TRUE STORY :mad2:

...but at least I got cake out of it :</>D!

Rocket Edge
01-22-2009, 02:12 AM
Cuchalainn, that lad has one seriously heavy northern accent. We had a heap of them crowd come down for the Fleadh Ceoil from the north with every sentence beginging with 'free-staters' and ending with 'hey'.

Aydin
01-22-2009, 04:19 AM
LOL It's me being nervous...:pinkelephant: