01-14-2009, 02:50 AM
Is Lightning's real name! Check the latest news on the frontsite o:

I think it's a pretty name.

Wolf Kanno
01-14-2009, 05:48 AM
Dia? As in the healing spell? ;)

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Yes! Or the HP draining spell depending on what game you prefer.

Shoeberto
01-14-2009, 05:14 PM
That's a much, much better name. MUCH much better. Geeze. I hope it's what they refer to her as for the majority of the game.

Vermachtnis
01-14-2009, 06:16 PM

That's exactly what popped into my mind first thing. Then I started thinking about Walruses.

Dr. Acula
01-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Wow, didn't think any of us would find out her name until the game actually came out.

EDIT: Wait, how do you know they're not talking about that pigtailed summoner girl?

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Because she already has a real name, why does she need two real-sounding names when poor Lightning is just Lightning?

Laddy
01-15-2009, 03:24 AM
It sounds pretty!

I love my sci-fi FF's, and this game looks so much better than the mediocre-looking FFXII in terms of visual style. And the names suck much less.

Karellen
01-15-2009, 05:25 AM
Ah man, I read that as Die Walküre.

Wolf Kanno
01-15-2009, 05:34 AM
It sounds pretty!

I love my sci-fi FF's, and this game looks so much better than the mediocre-looking FFXII in terms of visual style. And the names suck much less.

But I liked XII's visual style and names...:cry:

LunarWeaver
01-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Isn't Vanille's middle name Dia? I wonder if they're related :O

It's a cool name. Better than Lightning. But not as cool as Robert.

PeneloRatsbane
01-15-2009, 08:37 PM
i prefer lightning. its quirky

trancekuja
01-15-2009, 08:49 PM
It sounds exotic and mysterious

qwertysaur
01-16-2009, 04:18 AM
I can't wait until we get some location names! Each name simply sounds so cool. :p

The Man
01-16-2009, 05:50 AM
I started thinking about Walruses.
Ah man, I read that as Die Walküre.My first two reactions.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
01-16-2009, 06:40 AM

Before that, it was an undead-killing spell.

It's also Spanish for "day," which still kind of fits the meteorological theme.

Wolf Kanno
01-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Isn't it amusing that Dia means day and Noctis means night. ;)

When Nomura said XIII would be light and Versus XIII would be shadow, I didn't think he would take it this far.

qwertysaur
01-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Isn't it amusing that Dia means day and Noctis means night. ;)

When Nomura said XIII would be light and Versus XIII would be shadow, I didn't think he would take it this far.
It's Nomura, he loves all these hidden things that pop up everywhere almost as much as he loves belts and zippers :p

Dr. Acula
01-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Because she already has a real name, why does she need two real-sounding names when poor Lightning is just Lightning?

I didn't realise her name had been revealed, actually. What is it?

The Turk
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Her name is Oerba Da Vanille I think.

The night/day thing is cool. It's the surname I'm not so keen on. Looks like vulva, or walrus.

Roogle
01-22-2009, 07:32 PM
I wonder if her real name will have any affect on gameplay? For example, changing her name on the status screen if she abandons her alias, or maybe it will just be an aside like Garnet's real name in Final Fantasy IX?

hhr1dluv
01-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Where did you find this information? I like the name Dia, and the whole day/night thing with XIII and vXIII, but I'm not too keen on the surname "Walruva." Maybe they'll fix the name in our version so it looks less like a fancy name for a Walrus vulva (I agree with you, The Turk!)

Also, are we sure Dia's her name? Because why is Dia also Oerba's middle name?

And I've been looking closely at the stills lately, and Lightning seriously looks way too much like Cloud. It's kinda freaking me out, not gonna lie.

Jessweeee♪
01-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Where did you find this information? I like the name Dia, and the whole day/night thing with XIII and vXIII, but I'm not too keen on the surname "Walruva." Maybe they'll fix the name in our version so it looks less like a fancy name for a Walrus vulva (I agree with you, The Turk!)

Also, are we sure Dia's her name? Because why is Dia also Oerba's middle name?

And I've been looking closely at the stills lately, and Lightning seriously looks way too much like Cloud. It's kinda freaking me out, not gonna lie.

The front site. I said that in the first post :(
Eyes On Final Fantasy - Largest Final Fantasy Resource Online (http://eyesonff.com/)
'course it's not the latest news on there anymore, but it's still on the first page :p