PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Legend II (a.k.a SaGa 2: Hihou Densetsu in JP) DS Remake Planned

Crossblades
01-14-2009, 10:52 PM
RPGFan News - Final Fantasy Legend II DS Remake Planned (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2009/16.html)

One of our highest-rated Game Boy games at RPGFan is getting a remake for Nintendo DS. Yes, just when you thought Square Enix had run out of games to remake for the DS, they pulled one out from left field.
Known as SaGa 2: Hihou Densetsu ("Treasure Legend") in Japan, the second game in Square's other series is known among fans and game veterans as one of the most interesting in the series, despite its age. Perhaps that is why Square Enix chose to remake this popular game for the DS.

At present, the game has only been revealed to the Japanese market, but that does not, by any means, exclude the possibility of an English version for North American and European markets in the near future. Expect more details regarding this remake as they are made available.

(Thanks to RPGFan community member "Lord Scottish" for the tip.)

01-14-2009, 11:25 PM
SWEET! I love that game. I could play it non-stop, and for about a year or so, I did. Just beat it, start a new game, beat it, start a new game, over and over. I finally found other things to do since, but I could easily restart that any time I want and never get sick of it. It'll be interesting to see how they redo a gameboy game for the DS.

Flying Mullet
01-15-2009, 12:18 AM
I man, I don't know how much time I put into this game growing up. This could be very interesting.

Crossblades
01-15-2009, 03:06 AM
I remember the first time I played this game I was in the 6th grade back in 98. It belonged to a friend of mine and he lent it to me. I would play this game through recess, math, and history. Yeah, I was that hooked. I remember my party consisted of 2 humans and 2 elves. I've gotten to the final boss, but I could never beat it. I remember him being too hard. I'm intrigued by how square enix will handle this remake.

Flying Mullet
01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
I never put a monster in my party because I didn't like the way the growth worked. There were too few opportunities for it to really grow. I'll be curious to see how that feature is reworked.

I also laughed when I read this because I was playing FFL2 over break before I picked up Sword of Mana due to a recent playthrough of FFA.

Crossblades
01-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Screenshots revealed! =)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Crossblades/saga2ds1.jpg

Momiji
01-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey, I remember this game! I was always so confused when playing it though.

Wolf Kanno
01-16-2009, 07:32 PM
I never could beat the final boss but it was a fun and interesting title. I had a Human, Elf, Robot and Monster (dragon) for my final party. Looking at the screenshots, it seems you can see your party now so it will be interesting to see how the Robots and Monsters work.

Spatvark
01-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Honestly, I always preferred FFL3 myself. If this does well, I hope they do the next in the series.

Markus. D
01-20-2009, 09:42 AM
I never put a monster in my party because I didn't like the way the growth worked. There were too few opportunities for it to really grow. I'll be curious to see how that feature is reworked.

I also laughed when I read this because I was playing FFL2 over break before I picked up Sword of Mana due to a recent playthrough of FFA.

I tried a full monster play through once xDDD

By the end I blazed through Arsenal at a relatively lesser preperation, Whirl, Whirl, Whirl, Whirl xD

Also! I'M TOTALLY PLAYING FFL2 DS WHEN IT COMES OUT~~~

Crossblades
01-21-2009, 03:07 AM
Staff revealed

RPGFan News - SaGa 2 DS Remake Staff Detailed (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2009/22.html)

Square Enix has opened a teaser site for its upcoming DS remake of SaGa 2: Hihou Densetsu (Final Fantasy Legend II). The website doesn't offer any new game-related information yet, but at least Square Enix was kind enough to let visitors know who is working on their newest DS remake.
The game's executive producers are SaGa series mastermind Akitoshi Kawazu and Final Fantasy XI producer Hiromichi Tanaka. The soundtrack is provided by veteran composer Kenji Ito (who composed half of the original game's score). Subarashiki Kono Sekai (The World Ends with You) and Musashiden II (Musashi: Samurai Legend) designer Gen Kobayashi has been appointed main character designer. Hiroyuki Miura has been named producer, and Youichi Yoshimoto (UNLIMITED: SaGa, Musashi series) director.

SaGa 2: Hihou Densetsu for DS will be available in Japan sometime later this year.

And teaser site
SaGa2 (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/saga2/)

Markus. D
02-07-2009, 09:02 AM
The remake of the theme song is so pretty ;_;~

Del Murder
02-21-2009, 06:36 AM
I man, I don't know how much time I put into this game growing up. This could be very interesting.
Yeah, I LOVED Final Fantasy Legend II. This game turned me on to RPG and FF in the first place. I am totally playing this.

I used a monster in my first playthrough and near the end I found it hard for them to do decent damage. On some of the later bosses my monster was just useless, no matter what meat I ate. So I never used monsters after that. Hume Hume Mutant Robot was the way to go.

Yar
02-21-2009, 07:42 AM
<3!

I bought this game as a kid cause I thought it was Final Fantasy "II" (FFIV), but on the GameBoy. I was disappointed at first learning this wasn't the case, but I still had fun with it. I still have it somewhere! :)

Del Murder
02-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Does anyone remember the garbage can trick? At some point in the game if you used the garbage can as an item it would let you raise your agility. You could do this like 100 times, essentially maxing out many people's agility. A side effect would be that your Magi count would get raised to 99, and if you got more it would go down to 0 I think. Can't be sure of the details, but one time I used this too early and I ended up getting stuck because I had 0 Magi.

Flying Mullet
02-22-2009, 06:18 PM
It vaguely rings a bell, but I don't remember any details.

Obsidian
03-02-2009, 12:26 PM
So wait, was there ever a remake for SaGa/Legend I?

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
03-02-2009, 02:35 PM
I hope Square Enix would finally call it as SaGa 2 and not FF Legends II, as a courtesy, seeing how the REAL FFIII arrived in the DS.

DemonicDragon
03-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Hmm, sounds promising, but I was a much bigger fan of third game, I really hopes that is remade also.

Tempest
05-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Oh man. This is the most exciting news I've heard since the DS remake of FFIV. I hope this isn't Japan only! :excited:

Markus. D
05-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I LOVED Final Fantasy Legend II. This game turned me on to RPG and FF in the first place. I am totally playing this.

I used a monster in my first playthrough and near the end I found it hard for them to do decent damage. On some of the later bosses my monster was just useless, no matter what meat I ate. So I never used monsters after that. Hume Hume Mutant Robot was the way to go.

If you got lucky you could get a Monster one or two worlds ahead, isn't that neat?

G13
05-27-2009, 08:30 AM
hat's really weird. I just found FFL I and was gonna try and get the rest. Talk about coincedence.

Flying Mullet
06-02-2009, 10:59 PM
If you don't enjoy FFL, don't get discouraged. Check out FFL2. FFL is an acquired taste and isn't nearly as good as FFL2.

G13
06-03-2009, 03:40 AM
I used to own the 3rd one but couldn't really get into it. I guess I'm takin' the long way around to get to 2.

Del Murder
06-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Part 2 is the best one by far.