PDA

View Full Version : Hey how about DVD burning?

Araciel
01-15-2009, 04:24 PM
Just a question,

What free client do you use to burn DVDs?

I don't mean data DVDs I mean the kind that will play in my player...

So far I've been using Windows DVD maker but it takes SO long... I haven't checked if there's a way to speed it up, but people keep telling me to use a different program, so I'm wondering what you guys use.

Also if there's anything that can burn RMVB to DVDs that would be super.

o_O
01-15-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm not that experienced with DVD authoring, but I think you have to first convert the media file to DVD format (i.e. AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders) before you can burn and play it on a machine. The conversion process has always taken ages for me; I dunno if that's 'cause I've only used my crappy laptop, but the tutorials I've seen seem to imply that a full length film would take about an hour to convert. Then, burning it to disc should just take as long as burning a normal data disc.

Crimson
01-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I use Nero 7 Premium

Torrents FTW :cool:

trancekuja
01-15-2009, 11:21 PM
I used a few of those video converter programs and I can't say any of them was perfect. There were always some annoying issues with each of them. So, now I have three or for installed just to be sure. That's why I can't recommend or tell you which program is the best choice but try one of these and maybe you'll find one that suits you best:
total video converter
convertX to DVD
winavi video converter