PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica - !!Spoilers!!

LunarWeaver
01-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Starts up again tomorrow! Let's get pumped and all. The actors have hyped me up for these 10 episodes big time. I have faith the show can deliver. It always manages to surprise me. I hear the final cylon is revealed the very first episode!

Edit by Miriel: Any information about unaired episodes must be kept under spoiler tags!! Information from past and already aired episodes don't require spoiler tags, so read at your own risk!

Slothy
01-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Starts up again tomorrow! Let's get pumped and all. The actors have hyped me up for these 10 episodes big time. I have faith the show can deliver. It always manages to surprise me. I hear the final cylon is revealed the very first episode!

It'd surprise me if that spoiler is true, but then, that's all this show ever does.

I can't wait for tomorrow. This show has set the standard for what I expect out of a great TV show. Honestly, it's so good I have a hard time enjoying just about everything else on the boob tube.

Del Murder
01-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Yay!

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-16-2009, 03:33 AM
Super Excited...ive got some people to watch it too hehe!

As for that spoiler...i heard that was going to be revealed towards the end...not like final episode end but towards the last batch of episodes!

Miriel
01-16-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm totally skipping out on a big party (that I already promised to go to and bring chips/dip) just to watch this tonight. :D

Seriously, can't believe it's finally here! Is anyone else slightly panicked about the fact that they have 10 episodes in which they need to wrap up the entire show? Every question, every character's fate... I dunno, it seems impossible!

LunarWeaver
01-17-2009, 04:04 AM
Huh. Well, I liked it. Pushed the final 5's story along, Kara's plot thread along, and showed appropriately depressed reactions from everyone. It was sad to watch the leaders fall so hard, but good TV.

The final cylon choice is, uh... interesting, I'll say. But at this point I figured it would either be such a minor character we would feel the hype was unnecessary or a major character that would piss everyone off. I'm honestly not happy with it, but I'll get over it.

Hawkeye
01-17-2009, 05:03 AM
Bears.
Beets.
Battlestar Galactica.

Kes
01-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Seriously, can't believe it's finally here! Is anyone else slightly panicked about the fact that they have 10 episodes in which they need to wrap up the entire show? Every question, every character's fate... I dunno, it seems impossible!

They could all die, that wraps things up rather nicely. Though, I seriously hope they don't.

And I wasn't surprised about the final cylon. I was surprised about D's death though WTF happened there? If they don't explain this later I'm going to be very confused.

As for the show in general, I feel like the whole thing has gone seriously down hill. It's still good, but compared to what it was, it's really disheartening. The only reason I am still watching it is that I feel like I have so much invested in each character.

Edit: Also, Anders is Jimi Hendrix, right?

Del Murder
01-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Well I thought it was awesome. The 5th Cylon is meh, but I'm sure it will be used well.

I really liked the development of the Final 5 storyline because that wasn't making much sense. Also the Kara and Dee stuff was WTF.

This show is the best on TV right now!

Kes
01-17-2009, 10:19 AM
I really liked the development of the Final 5 storyline because that wasn't making much sense. Also the Kara and Dee stuff was WTF.

This show is the best on TV right now!

The Kara thing makes perfect sense! Well, as perfect sense as that show makes, since if Baltar's cylon detector thing was the only accurate way of detecting cylons and he (maybe?) needed a nuke to operate it <i>and</i> it was based off blood, how'd they figure out all the skeletons were cylons? HOWEVER clearly the Earthlons were super advanced if they managed to create this epic downloading system that worked 2000 years into the future etc. Now, if skin jobs are wired the same way as humans then it wouldn't be too much of a leap to assume they figured out how to create a download for humans as well. Now either there are still Earthlons around to build a new Kara, viper and send them back (my guess is they live underground since that's classic post-apocalypse living condition) OR there was some sort of prophet living in the time of avocado buying Tyrol who helped orchestrate the whole final five's hanging out in the future and built a Kara and something to complete the consciousness transfer, possibly something to do with the storm thing. This means there's at least a 50% chance that Dee is coming back due to some sort of restorative property on Earth.

And while that SPOILER was almost entirely speculation, I will bet someone something that at least one of those things ends up being true. *nodnod*

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-17-2009, 01:43 PM
so glad i was wrong about the reveal!

said wtf out loud alot lol! Cant wait...soo excited on how its all gonna play out!

i did have an inkling though about the 13th tribe being cylons...but i thought they'd be filled with the existing ones we've seen

rip dee

Madame Adequate
01-17-2009, 02:56 PM
That was pretty badass and awesome. First, pretty much in your face to everyone who claimed it wasn't Earth, because it blatantly was.

:skull::skull::skull::skull: with Dee was fracked up. But whoever said an explanation was needed - the explanation was given. She can't handle it. She broke down on the planet, she was having a hard time keeping it together on the raptor, and she had completely given up hope. She had no strength left to carry on. She just wanted one last enjoyable evening to go to the grave with.

As for the final cylon, I don't buy that it's Ellen. Because I think Ellen is Six, only older. That'd also explain why Tigh kept seeing Ellen instead of the Six when he was visiting her. I don't really mind if Ellen is a whole seperate model but tbh, it's just not the huge reveal which BSG would pull. They've got more up their sleeves, whether I'm right or it's something else.

Slothy
01-17-2009, 04:13 PM
That was pretty badass and awesome. First, pretty much in your face to everyone who claimed it wasn't Earth, because it blatantly was.

:skull::skull::skull::skull: with Dee was fracked up. But whoever said an explanation was needed - the explanation was given. She can't handle it. She broke down on the planet, she was having a hard time keeping it together on the raptor, and she had completely given up hope. She had no strength left to carry on. She just wanted one last enjoyable evening to go to the grave with.

As for the final cylon, I don't buy that it's Ellen. Because I think Ellen is Six, only older. That'd also explain why Tigh kept seeing Ellen instead of the Six when he was visiting her. I don't really mind if Ellen is a whole seperate model but tbh, it's just not the huge reveal which BSG would pull. They've got more up their sleeves, whether I'm right or it's something else.

I had honestly never thought of the possibility of Ellen being Six, but older. I suppose that is possible, or it's possible that the entire Six line was based on her. Separate Cylon model or not though, I guarantee the stuff with Ellen will play out in interesting ways, and probably in ways none of us expect. Also, I agree that Dee didn't need further explanation. Frankly, I'm surprised more characters haven't been blowing their brains out.

I also am very interested in finding out what's up with Starbuck. Is she just some f'ed up clone? Who made her and her Viper and sent her on her way? Will she really lead everyone to their end? What is their end anyway? Is she tied to the Five in some way, and how the frak did they go from living 200 years ago on Earth to the colonies. So many unanswered questions, and I can't wait because for the first time in four seasons we're almost to the point of getting some real answers.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has heard, but the series finale is going to be three hours. THREE HOURS!!!! That's how you end a show right god damn it!

Miriel
01-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Fantastic way to start off the last 10 episodes. It was great all around.

Regarding Dee: I think it completely shocked me at first because I didn't do a BSG refresher before watching this episode. So it took a little while for my memory to jog up all the :skull::skull::skull::skull: that's happened in the show so far. If you think about ALL the stuff these people have gone through, it makes total sense that she would blow her brains out. And while others might listen to Adama and Apollo and find a tiny ray of hope to grasp onto, Dee has been too close to the center of things to be fooled. So knows that Earth was their very last bit of hope. And now that that hope is gone... well, yeah. She wanted to be gone too.

Regarding Kara: How freakin' awesome was it that Kara managed to freak out Leoben? That whole sequence was amazing. How he tentatively helped her with the raptor, and when he came over her shoulder and saw the tag and immediately started backing away from her. Great great acting right there. He just looked scared out of is pants. Very very interested to see where they go with Kara's storyline. Sooo many possibilities! I'm gonna say that I think they're going to take it along the spiritual/reincarnation route. Either that, or everybody on the show is a Cylon and they are all descendants of the 13th tribe.

Final Cylon: Eh. Like someone mentioned before, no matter who it was, people were bound to have mixed feelings about it. I don't actually mind having it be Ellen because I feel like there was at least some foreshadowing for her, unlike someone like Tori. There was suspicion about Ellen right off the bat. How the hell did she manage to survive and end up on BSG where her husband happened to be? Plus D'Anna mentioned that because the 5th wasn't with the fleet, the 5th might actually be dead. So there was a bit of set up to the idea that Ellen is the 5th.

Earth Flashbacks: Anyone else LOVE those little flashbacks we had of Tigh and Tyrol while they were actually living on that planet? I thought they were fascinating. Really brief but probably the most intriguing part of the whole episode. So when Ellen said "everything is in place" did she mean everything was in place for the entire population, or just for her, Tigh, Tyrol, Tori, Anders? Cause that's just bizarre, why would it just be the five of them? From the looks of the flashback, it didn't seem like Tyrol was a particularly important person who would happen to have a "rebirthing" plan in place. And were they all reborn immediately following the nuclear devastation and they've been "alive" for 2000 years? And at some point they decided to create the other cylons and reprogram their own memories? Ahhh, so many questions!

LunarWeaver
01-17-2009, 07:11 PM
That's an interesting theory Milf =O!

Maybe this thread should be like the Heroes thread in that if you're in here we assume you've seen the latest episode and know what's going on. That way we won't have to mark spoilers for everything. Or maybe just toss *spoilers* in the thread title.

Speaking of Heroes, man! The return of this show makes it all the more apparent how bad Heroes actually is. But then, BSG spoils me for all shows.

Kes
01-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Okay, regarding Dee, was it just me or did she seem surprised she was going to blow her brains out? Like alien limb syndrome? I may not have been paying attention though.

Miriel
01-18-2009, 04:00 AM
Alrighty, added a spoiler warning so that we don't have to talk about already aired episodes under spoiler tags.

There's an interview with Ron Moore (http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2009/01/final-fifth-cylon-ellen-tigh-battlestar-galactica-dualla-dee-.html#more) that basically suggests that there's not gonna be any switch-a-roo in regards to the last cylon. Looks like they've been planning this since Season 3 ended.

There's also a bit about Dee in the interview and I think it explains it very well. Everything that he says about Dee in the interview is exactly what I took away from the episode when I watched it. The whole thing was done extremely well. It was subtle but it got all those layered ideas across to the audience.

That felt really important. If they’re going to get to Earth and Earth is ashes, that felt like it has to have a huge impact on all these characters. There had to be a cost. There had to be a price somebody paid for that discovery. Not everybody could take that. Not everyone could just say, “OK, that didn’t work out, let’s go on to next week’s episode.”

It felt like somebody would just say, “No, I’m done. I just want to find a little moment of time where I can feel good about myself one last time, then I’m finished with this long nightmare.” And that seemed like that would be Dualla.

Madame Adequate
01-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Hmmm, guess I was wrong then! Odd choice though.

Last night's episode: Thoughts? I like that Zarek's a big player again, we had too long without him. Oh, and I absolutely LOVED how Gaius' faith has been shattered.

Slothy
01-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Thought last night's episode was brilliant. I love the tension that's building in the fleet and is finally coming to a head. I have no idea how it's going to play out, but I'm sure it won't be as simple as one side winning over the other. I also want to know what's happening with the other Cylon's. It's been a while since we've heard from them and the wait is killing me.

Del Murder
01-24-2009, 06:05 PM
I thought that was too much of a filler episode, but maybe it sets up something good for the next one.

Madame Adequate
01-24-2009, 07:12 PM
The filler stuff for me was the Tyrol/Hotdog/Nick subplot. I really didn't feel that that was necessary or believable.

LunarWeaver
01-24-2009, 07:16 PM
I love any episode with a lot of Roslin (she's my favorite character, flaws and all). I'm glad she got some action before she dies :bigsmile:

I like the direction it's going, with the fleet in such turmoil. The :skull::skull::skull::skull: sure is hitting the fan.

I was hoping someone would talk D'Anna out of staying on earth. I liked her. She popped in, basically became the leader of all the rebel cylons, then just popped back out. Maybe Lucy got busy.

Miriel
01-24-2009, 10:04 PM
I thought that the narrative in the last episode was off. Everything felt pretty disjointed. Lots of different little moments with lots of different characters, but not much of a driving storyline throughout. Then I saw that this episode marked Ron Moore's directorial debut and that he intended it to be a character piece.

Eh. Filler episode is filler. But it looks like they've laid the groundwork for some really exciting stuff next week.

Poor poor Gaeta, he's totally gonna end up paying for his betrayal. That being said, I think Zarek is right about a lot of things. Adama is way too dictatorial, and as much as I love Roslin, she should have been removed from power a long time ago. She's definitely not fit to be President anymore.

Kes
01-25-2009, 04:59 AM
I agree. This week's episode was underwhelming.

I miss the days where Starbuck was awesome. I really think that blonde, female characters are just better when they have short hair. I mean, look at Veronica Mars.

Personally I've gotten to the point where I don't even enjoy hating Zarek anymore.

but with fewer than 40k survivors and all this crap happening to the characters, I'm preparing myself more and more for a TPK ending.

LunarWeaver
01-31-2009, 04:40 AM
I loved that episode. I almost appreciate last week's more, like a slower bridge so this doesn't seem so rushed into. But it was good stuff. There's nothing cooler and scarier than Adama's growl. Edward James Olmos is so awesome as him. That man is ugly as sin but I would totally sleep with him.

Kes
01-31-2009, 06:44 AM
OMG that episode! Everyone who lost their awesome gained it back! Except Gaeta, but that's okay. That episode embodies the reason I watch this show. Also, I did a lot of yelling at the TV. If they kill almost <i>anyone</i> whose life is in danger right now, I'll be really upset. It seems I love them all too much. Even Tigh and Baltar.

Also, Olmos isn't ugly, he's rugged.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-31-2009, 11:41 AM
OH MY GOD!

This week's episode was GOLD!...so revved up for next week!

Slothy
01-31-2009, 12:38 PM
OMG that episode! Everyone who lost their awesome gained it back! Except Gaeta, but that's okay. That episode embodies the reason I watch this show. Also, I did a lot of yelling at the TV. If they kill almost <i>anyone</i> whose life is in danger right now, I'll be really upset. It seems I love them all too much. Even Tigh and Baltar.

Also, Olmos isn't ugly, he's rugged.

Agreed on pretty much all points. Nothing like a Crisis to get everyone's head in the game. My favourite part has to be Starbuck saving Apollo. I missed her badassery and shoot first ask questions never attitude as of late.

Madame Adequate
01-31-2009, 04:30 PM
Dear Holy Smurfing God

LunarWeaver
01-31-2009, 08:35 PM
My favourite part has to be Starbuck saving Apollo. I missed her badassery and shoot first ask questions never attitude as of late.

That was awesome when she started shooting away. And when she laid one on Lee. Kara wears the pants in that somewhat-relationship.

I love any scene between Roslin and Baltar. It made me lol when he was all really think your speech is gonna save us, do ya.

Del Murder
02-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Great episode, set up quite nicely by last week's filler episode. I can't wait to see how this plays out. I think once this mutiny is settled something will happen to bring focus back to Earth and the Final Five.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-07-2009, 06:45 AM
WOW words cant describe the awesomness that transpired during that last ep!

So many highlights but McDonnells delivery into that "Im comming for all of you" speech was the best lol

Now im just wondering whos going to be alive when the finale episode airs lol!

Madame Adequate
02-07-2009, 05:54 PM
oh :skull::skull::skull::skull:

that was fairly mindblowing

Del Murder
02-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Great story arc that honestly needed to be done before they wrap up the show. Great pair of episodes.

It looks like we'll now get back to the Final Five and Earth stuff. Only six episodes left!

Anyone understand what that last conversation between Baltar and Gaeda was about?

LunarWeaver
02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
I laughed hard when Roslin went all bananas. She isn't popular among fans, but I love the woman.

So Tyrol saw those markings down by the FTL drive. Was that supposed to indicate the old bucket couldn't withstand another jump anyway?

I think they were just giving the character of Gaeta a decent moment before he died with the Baltar conversation. I'll miss him and Zarek in their own way. Zarek in that "Love to hate" fashion.

Slothy
02-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I laughed hard when Roslin went all bananas. She isn't popular among fans, but I love the woman.

I've never gotten the impression that Roslin wasn't popular with fans. Hell, myself and everyone I know who loves this show love the woman. Anyone who isn't a fan of Roslin when she's on top of her game can go frak themselves I say.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Anyone understand what that last conversation between Baltar and Gaeda was about?

i guess he was talking about his legacy....he hoped that people eventually see that there was more to him than just a muntineer!

Krelian
02-08-2009, 11:19 PM
So Tyrol saw those markings down by the FTL drive. Was that supposed to indicate the old bucket couldn't withstand another jump anyway?
I guess the ship has taken too much damage by now. Too many battles and jumps and no chance of repairs can't be good for a ship like that, so I suppose it won't last much longer.

Great episodes so far by the way. I can't wait to watch the next one.

Madame Adequate
02-09-2009, 12:23 AM
I guess the ship has taken too much damage by now. Too many battles and jumps and no chance of repairs can't be good for a ship like that, so I suppose it won't last much longer.

Yeah, that's the understanding I got. She's got some life left in her - but not much. Which provides an excellent imperative for finding a habitable world.

Kes
02-14-2009, 05:36 AM
Oh man.

First of all, I guess brain surgery really isn't an area of expertise for John Hodgman. <./puns, sorry>

Also, I'm thinking that Kara ?= Daniel since she's an artist and all. Yeah, it's a stretch, but hey.

Good episode though. Really good. I like how so many questions got answered and yet it was still a solid show.

Madame Adequate
02-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Holy frack holy frack holy frack holy frack holy frack holy frack

:eek:

Del Murder
02-14-2009, 06:24 AM
That was the most revealed in any episode of that show. I like the contrast to the previous episode which was full of action but not much revealed in the main storyline. This one didn't have much action but tons of :skull::skull::skull::skull: revealed. Great episode.

I don't think Daniel is Kara but maybe she's his daughter or something. So she would be the real first half cylon.

Did Ellen know what was going on the whole time she was with the fleet or did she get all her memories back when she downloaded after Saul killed her?

Next question, when we see John the cylon is he supposed to be the same reverend guy who was on the fleet? Like the same copy. Do all the copies of him think and feel as he does or is he their leader? Do they share memories?

Miriel
02-14-2009, 08:01 AM
CAN'T. PROCESS. SO. MUCH. NEW. INFO.

O_o

Awesome episode, but omfg, I seriously don't know where to start. I need someone to break everything down for me. Humans made final five? Who stopped the first cylon war? Who eventually taught other centurians to create human models? Is that how it went down? Man oh man, tonight's episode was information overload.

The actress who plays Ellen did a crazy great job in tonight's episode. The reborn Ellen didn't have ANY trace of old floozy Ellen in her. She was pitch perfect as the Mother/Creator cylon. Brilliant job on her part.

Also, loved that Tyrol was cracking up at the idea of being in love with Tory - she is such a useless character. But I can't wait for the Boomer + Chief reunion!

Also also, complete lol at the "I'm a PC" guy giving Sam's brain the blue screen of death.

Did Ellen know what was going on the whole time she was with the fleet or did she get all her memories back when she downloaded after Saul killed her?

Her memory was erased just like the other 4 because they were betrayed by Cavil. I think that's why there's such a difference between old Ellen and new Ellen.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-14-2009, 09:05 AM
and just like that a ginormous part of the mythology puzzle fits into place!

love it! must watch again to catch all that exposition though lol

rip sam!

Kes
02-14-2009, 10:35 AM
I don't think Daniel is Kara but maybe she's his daughter or something. So she would be the real first half cylon.

Huh, that's an option. It didn't even occur to me that the original version of Daniel/Seven had a full life, even if only one.

I was thinking that his mutated copies could be female. That being said, I can't see Kara as fully human because she was obviously res'ed and I doubt that works for humans. Then again, they'd've had to regrow a body for her anyway. . .

Next question, when we see John the cylon is he supposed to be the same reverend guy who was on the fleet? Like the same copy. Do all the copies of him think and feel as he does or is he their leader? Do they share memories?

I don't think he was the priest on the fleet. Didn't that one get airlocked? Oh. Wait. >.> He might have been, then, but I always assumed that one didn't know who belonged to the Final Five. I'm pretty sure all Ones have his personality, but I don't think all Ones share his memories like the Eights seem to be capable of doing since there only seemed to be one of him who met with Ellen.

I think he is the leader of the Ones, too. Whether or not all the models have leaders (I think they do?) I'm pretty sure he is certainly the leader of at least his model.

What I really want to know is if John was the One whom Ellen was whoring herself for in order for Tigh to get released because that's just so many levels of sick and wrong. I think it was, too, since John seemed to allude to it. Granted, Ellen fracking her child/creation made in the image of her father is squicky even if either of them weren't aware. Oedipus much?

And *ETERNAL FANTASY* I highly doubt Sam's dead dead. For one, Ellen's birth bath didn't seem to be on the resurrection ship, so there's a good chance Sam could show up there too. Or be unbraindead.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-14-2009, 02:39 PM
And *ETERNAL FANTASY* I highly doubt Sam's dead dead. For one, Ellen's birth bath didn't seem to be on the resurrection ship, so there's a good chance Sam could show up there too. Or be unbraindead.

Ellen's resurrection took place cause the hub was around 18 months ago but its destroyed now...along with the cylons ability to ressurect!

Unless the 4 make another ressurection ship or something!

Slothy
02-14-2009, 02:56 PM

I think they all do share the same memories. Obviously not all the time, but they all do share the same personality and general thoughts so odds are they share memories at certain times the same way the Sharon's could download memories. It's still entirely possible that the John we see all the time is the first of them made and acts as something of a leader for them though.

What blew my mind was that he knew about the final 5 all along though, and erased the memories in the others at some point (apparently) to control them, and by extension, the Cylons so they could wipe out humanity. I doubt any of the others would have gone along with nuking the colonies had the five been there to talk them out of it. Probably why he was always so against finding the five. If the others knew who they were and what he did they might turn on him.

Miriel
02-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Omg. I just realized.

Cavil forced Ellen to sleep with him on New Caprica in exchange for Tigh's freedom. And Ellen is essentially his mother. Ewww. >_>

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Omg. I just realized.

Cavil forced Ellen to sleep with him on New Caprica in exchange for Tigh's freedom. And Ellen is essentially his mother. Ewww. >_>

LOL he let his mother do "the whirl" on him!

way to keep it in the family lol

Edit: I just remembered that she created Cavil in her fathers image so baasically she smurfed someone that looks exactly like her dad

Not sure which is worse! *shudder*

LunarWeaver
02-15-2009, 02:34 AM
Wow, I don't even remember that. How disgusting D:

Good episode. I honestly became a bit confused though with Sam's rapid fire information, Kara all "What about me", and Cottle all "GTFO". Was crazytown.

Kes
02-16-2009, 02:46 AM
What I really want to know is if John was the One whom Ellen was whoring herself for in order for Tigh to get released because that's just so many levels of sick and wrong. I think it was, too, since John seemed to allude to it. Granted, Ellen fracking her child/creation made in the image of her father is squicky even if either of them weren't aware. Oedipus much?

Omg. I just realized.

LOL he let his mother do "the whirl" on him!

way to keep it in the family lol

Edit: I just remembered that she created Cavil in her fathers image so baasically she smurfed someone that looks exactly like her dad

Not sure which is worse! *shudder*

Wow, thx 4 teh luv guys. rly.

Also,

Ellen's resurrection took place cause the hub was around 18 months ago but its destroyed now...along with the cylons ability to ressurect!

Unless the 4 make another ressurection ship or something!

I disagree. Since Ellen didn't come back on the resurrection ship, the rebirth of the Final Five may not be centred there. I think it's most likely to be centred on John's ship since he's not going to want them to notice any of their rebirths. Maybe not though. *shrug* I still doubt Sam's dead dead.

Slothy
02-17-2009, 12:57 AM
I disagree. Since Ellen didn't come back on the resurrection ship, the rebirth of the Final Five may not be centred there. I think it's most likely to be centred on John's ship since he's not going to want them to notice any of their rebirths. Maybe not though. *shrug* I still doubt Sam's dead dead.

Cylons have frequently been reborn on Baseships as opposed to the Hub. That said, the Cylons themselves have stated multiple times that they can't resurrect without it, and I really doubt that the five are an exception to the rule.

Del Murder
02-21-2009, 07:47 AM
While interesting, I felt that this episode didn't live up to the precedent set by the previous two.

Good to see Ellen is still a bitch though.

4 to go. What will happen?

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-21-2009, 02:14 PM
oh! it looks like Kes will be right lol!

I cant stand Tori!...like at all!

LunarWeaver
02-22-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm surprised that Tyrol so immediately voted to leave the fleet. Obviously Jane wanted to write about a swing vote starring Ellen, but I found that out of character.

Good episode overall, though.

Slothy
02-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm surprised that Tyrol so immediately voted to leave the fleet. Obviously Jane wanted to write about a swing vote starring Ellen, but I found that out of character.

Good episode overall, though.

I don't think it was totally out of character. How quickly he decided was a little, but that he voted to leave didn't strike me as odd. Since the reveal that they're the final five he's been connecting a lot more with the Cylons and, though conflicted at times, seems to be considering himself a Cylon more and more. It probably would have seemed more natural had we had some indicator in the past that he was considering the option of leaving the fleet.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-28-2009, 09:08 AM
nice set up episode!

Boomer plays them again!

I cant believe theres only 2 weeks left!!!!

Slothy
02-28-2009, 01:54 PM
I liked the episode as well. Nothing really answered in it, just more questions largely (like is Galactica actually going to stay in one piece until the end of the show?) but knowing we'll have answers so soon means I'm not to bothered. More questions now just ups my excitement heading into the final episodes. I do get sad every time I think about how little is left. It's kind of like saying goodbye to an old friend.

Well, once the final DVD set comes out I guess it'll be time for the Galactica marathon to end all Galactica marathons.

tebian
03-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Man i have watched since day one and i cant believe they are going to KILL the Battlestar itself...

As for last night episode i truly think they need to stop smoking what ever at BSG. How in the world could this all have been a setup with Boomer just to get the girl ? And why in the world did the president just pass out ? For sure we know one thing from last night, the Blonde is nuts and now she plays the piano with invisible ppl.

:mog:

Del Murder
03-01-2009, 12:32 AM
This episode started slow but I liked the final parts of it. It looks like Daniel the Lost Cylon could be Kara's dad and she's the real first half Cylon and future of the world. It would all fit in nicely that way.

I thought the setup made by Cavil and Boomer made sense and was executed pretty well. They have wanted Hera for a while to understand the future of their race, especially now that Ellen wouldn't tell them the secret of resurrection.

I can't wait to see what happens in the final episodes. I bet it will blow my mind.

Miriel
03-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Sheesh, how many times has Bill Adama cried or had a breakdown this season? Enough is enough! That paint throwing scene was just too unnecessary and over the top. I hope this is the last we've seen of teeth blaring weeping Adama. I very much like him most of the time,but when he does his whole wailing/breaking down thing, I think Olmos waaaay overacts. Sucks you right out of the moment and makes you remember that what you're watching is an acting performing a scene.

Anyway, I love little character moments, but I don't want an episode after episode of ALL character moments. Which is what I feel is what we've been getting for the past few episodes. But I guess they'll make up for it in the 3 hour finale. So even though I want more action and questions being answered, I trust that they know what they're doing by pacing the season this way. But it is making me antsy.

Madame Adequate
03-09-2009, 01:48 AM
I've been feeling the same way Miriel, on all fronts. Well, I don't think Olmos overacts, but I think that Adama has broken down so much recently that it becomes a cliche. It's not so much that he breaks down so much as he puts it back together again.

I'm fairly sure that the next ep is going to be amazing and that the finale will be unbelievable. I can't wait.

Iceglow
03-12-2009, 11:11 AM
The worst thing about Bill Adama breaking down every episode is it just doesn't strike me as something the old man would do. In the first couple of seasons when all the others were giving up and breaking down he stayed strong and kept them focused on the goal of surviving he didn't truly believe in the earth prophecy but he used it as a way to keep morale high and as a goal because really he had nothing else to achieve. Ok so they find earth and it's a nuked wasteland but he has a goal now which is to find a home for them. Now he's just crying and breaking down constantly it doesn't fit with who Bill Adama is.

Slothy
03-12-2009, 12:23 PM
The worst thing about Bill Adama breaking down every episode is it just doesn't strike me as something the old man would do. In the first couple of seasons when all the others were giving up and breaking down he stayed strong and kept them focused on the goal of surviving he didn't truly believe in the earth prophecy but he used it as a way to keep morale high and as a goal because really he had nothing else to achieve. Ok so they find earth and it's a nuked wasteland but he has a goal now which is to find a home for them. Now he's just crying and breaking down constantly it doesn't fit with who Bill Adama is.

Personally, I think the fact that it took finding out his best friend is a Cylon, they probably have no chance of finding a new home (seriously, how many habitable planets have they come across in four years?), and that he's going to lose Roslin and the Galactica shows he's one tough son of a smurf. Some may think it's out of character, but I don't feel that way. He feels like he's losing everything he had left that he really cared about with the exception of Apollo lately, as if it weren't hard enough for him to find reasons to keep going. The man's been through a lot and it's (finally) taking it's toll.

That said, I could do with a few less extended breakdowns on his part. If he's going to do it I'd rather see it be like the one he had when Kara died. That one always seemed to get the grief across to me without over doing it.

Del Murder
03-12-2009, 07:23 PM
The breakdowns are perfectly reasonable given is current situation. There's just too many of them.

Also I feel like this show is stalling until the finale, so it better be damn good.

Madame Adequate
03-15-2009, 01:20 AM
That last episode was, for the most part, epic. At first I was like "Wut more character episodes?" and it built up fairly awesomely.

But I think it focused on the wrong characters. That one random scene with Helo and Athena was just oddly placed. I think they wanted an episode twice as long for this stuff and couldn't fit everything in.

I also don't understand why Adama was suddenly motivated to go after Hera. That seemed to come out of nowhere. I mean yeah there was knowing where she was at all, but it had seemed like more than that before, and we never saw why he went to ask Anders about it in the first place. Where the sudden trust from? Or is it desperation? etc.

Del Murder
03-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Maybe he wanted one last battle for Galactica. I like these episodes and all, but I feel like this whole season has just been buildup for the three hour finale. I hope it delivers.

I did like the flashbacks and found it amusing that Baltar had this crazy old Irish father.

Madame Adequate
03-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Yeah that's fair, Del, remembering what Adama said to Tigh last episode about Galactica. And I also agree that the whole thing has built up to the finale, which puts a lot of pressure on the finale xD But if they pull it off.

Baltar's dad was totally genius. I loved how crazy he was and how he totally flirted with young women.

Miriel
03-15-2009, 02:17 AM
I thought it was outrageously unrealistic for half the crew to volunteer to go on an admittedly suicidal mission to retrieve Hera. I mean, Hot Dog? That guy has a kid! I doubt the crew of Galactica knows of the dreams about Hera that Roslin/Six/Athena were having, or how the cylons see Hera as the key to their future survival. This is all information that has been contained to the inner circle. So while I understand people like Lee and Starbuck and Roslin volunteering to go. Why the hell would anyone else want to? Unless they're just sick of living? They want to do SOMETHING regardless of whether they care about the cause or not?

It was a great dramatic moment. I like it when Adama takes charge like that. And it was sweet to see Roslin hobble over. And for a second I thought Baltar was finally gonna make his grand selfless gesture. But it just rang false. Especially when the doctor attempted to volunteer. Are you kidding me? The doc is no fool, he knows his own worth and his character would have known that it would be better not to volunteer. Did he really need to have that moment where he's told by Adama not to go? That just seemed so out of character to me.

I'm just irritated in general that they basically wasted half a season making a sloooow snail's pace crawl towards the finish. I have no doubt that the 3 hour finale is gonna be great, but c'mon. There's something to be said about pacing.

It's like having a 10 course meal where the first 9 courses consist of various bite-size pieces of salad, and the final course is a 15 pound steak.

I would have preferred consistently strong episodes and a 1 hour finale rather than a bunch of weak episodes followed by a great 3 hour episode.

XxSephirothxX
03-15-2009, 07:57 AM
As for his decision to go after Hera, I think it was just the impact of the realization of how many people had been left behind. He realized all those pictures belonged to people who were never coming back, but Hera still had a chance.

Slothy
03-16-2009, 11:06 PM
I thought it was outrageously unrealistic for half the crew to volunteer to go on an admittedly suicidal mission to retrieve Hera.

I think it makes sense in that some of these people are probably friends with Helo and Athena and want to get the kid back, not to mention some people would just want to stick it to the Cylons that still want them all dead. Taking out their base of operations would be no small accomplishment if nothing else, and probably ensure the fleet more safety than if they just tried to keep running. Some probably have simply lost hope though. They're backs are more against the wall than ever. They have no home, nowhere to go, and the other Cylons will still hunt them down if given the chance. Might as well go out fighting and give the Galactica a proper send off.

Miriel
03-21-2009, 04:05 AM
ARE YOU GUYS READING FOR THIS :bou::bou::bou::bou:????

Cause I'm totally not!

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 04:14 AM
Best part about the series finale: Tori dies and nobody gives a crap at all.

Miriel
03-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I can't begin to express my utter disappointment in the ending of the finale. It's not like I loved the episode, I didn't. I felt like there were a lot of cop-outs. But there were some truly lovely moments. Pretty much cried during all the of the goodbyes and send offs.

Roslin/Doc Coddle, Bill & Lee, Bill & Kara with the "nothing but the rain" exchange, Kara & Sam "see you on the other side", Bill putting his ring on Laura's finger - oh my gooood. Also loved the interaction between Caprica and Baltar. Especially at the end when he broke down after commenting that he knew something about farming. That was lovely. Also nice to see Helo/Athena/Hera happy together for once. And the deaths of Boomer and Tori were satisfying too.

But the whole, heeeeeey, skip 150,000 into the future and you have our civilization! What the smurf is that :bou::bou::bou::bou:? Seriously? That's the kind of ending that people have speculated about for years and I always dismissed it as being too easy. I thought the whole, abandon technology and spread out across the globe was a dumb as smurf idea, but if they had left it at that, it might not have been so terrible. Like if they ended the show following the scene with Bill next to Roslin's grave. But the fast forward to our time was so intensely cheesy and hokey and WRONG.

Ugh. Horrible.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
03-21-2009, 03:13 PM
For me, in a nutshell:

AMAZING...A-FREAKIN-MAZING!....but what happened to Kara Thrace?

I'll tell you this though for the first half of it i was pretty much shakin and hopin that the usual fav's would make it!

Del Murder
03-21-2009, 03:33 PM
I agree that the ending was cheesy as hell and I didn't like it. Also not enough stuff was answered. So was Kara an angel? Seems kind of dumb.

The best part were the Caprica/Baltar interactions. I knew those two would end up together and I really liked how they integrated the opera house vision into the final battle.

All in all I was disappointed but this show set itself up for expectations that really couldn't be met. The finale didn't feel like the rest of the show and that sucked. And the end where this turned out to be our civilization was lol.

Madame Adequate
03-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Man that episode was weird. Half of it was amazing touching genius that got me all choked up, a third of it was seriously badass action and tension, and the remaining portion was just wrong.

I don't know what the smurf with that abandoning all their resources idea. I don't even know what the smurf. Seriously? I mean, seriously? Sure, Baltar might know about farming, but the guys on the Tylium ship probably don't. What skills do the marines have except being marines? I'm sure they're going to regret that decision when Cottle runs out of medication instead of using the resources of this vast new world to make more of it.

I suppose that does account for how 38,000 people with that level of expertize and knowledge took 150,000 years to rebuild civilization; they didn't have any such expertize and knowledge and 37,500 of them died within a couple years.

That was the worst of it all, I seriously cannot BEGIN to get over the stupidity of that decision and the abjectly unrealistic handling of it. Lampkin was right, there would have been riots as soon as someone said "And how will we make clothing?" Ugh, so so annoyed at that.

The show really attempted to teach the wrong lesson, and it failed to do so because the actual aesop was pretty plain to see. The show's version was "If you use technology you will die" but the reality was "Technology can be dangerous if abused, but if treated with respect it can be your greatest ally". That should have been pretty clear from the fact that A) Half the skinjobs made peace with Humanity, B) The centurions went off to do their own thing, and C) It was the technology of the fleet which kept everyone alive at all.

Miriel
03-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Ok, here's what really annoys me.

I know the entire theme of the show has been, "All this has happened before, and will happen again." But I always assumed that the story we were watching would be the one in which the cycle was broken. But for the characters, for the fleet and Battlestar Galactica to go through ALL THAT :bou::bou::bou::bou: just so they could abandon everything that they knew and start the cycle all over again. My god, that's just wretched.

One of the first things I thought after watching the finale was, "maybe Dee had the right idea afterall =/" Their entire struggle was pretty useless in the end. Instead of, I dunno, honoring their history and their past and everything they had learned through their recent struggles, they decide to completely throw it all away. Clean slate bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:. Why not work together to build a new civilization? One in which the trauma of the cylon/human war is remembered so that history doesn't repeat itself. But oh wait, if they had done that then that wouldn't have fit in nicely with the whole, "they're our ancestors" idea. So what, in the end, our rag-tag group of survivors find their final destination and choose to split up into little groups and go die in the wilderness? Because that's what ultimately happened, I'm sure. Aside from the super capable like the Agathon family, I'm betting that many of the colonials died within a few years of dispersing on the planet. So pointless. :(

How much more badass would it have been if they had built a new civilization, one that took humanity and technology further than it had ever gone before? Having survived the cylon/human war and found a way not just to coexist, but to love one another, they had the potential to take civilization to whole new heights. Instead they're in Africa. Hunting animals with pointy sticks.

IF they really had to do the flash forward to our present time thing, then I wish they had done it differently. The whole tone of the last 3 minutes was off. Like they completely switched gears and it was like watching a different show. BSG has always been on the darker side, so why bring in all that cheese all of sudden? They could have played it so much more true to the series. Like if they fast forward to the the future and we see a war in which "humans" are fighting robots, without realizing that humans themselves are robots. Something other than the *wink wink* dur hur hur, look ma! It's our New York!

Madame Adequate
03-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Anytime anyone asks me what I think of the finale I'm just going to link them to that post, Miriel :love:

Del Murder
03-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Something other than the *wink wink* dur hur hur, look ma! It's our New York!
Ahaha that's exactly what it was.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2009, 08:23 PM
I agree that it was a strange choice to split up and run around the grass like hippies instead of using the resources they had. I did think Lee's line about our brains being ahead of our hearts to be cute, in that cheesy way, though I don't think that justified it.

I didn't mind the ending too much, really. Kind of predictable, but whatever.

For me the most powerful moment of the finale was Roslin dying. She's been my favorite character from the very first episode. If being on the Internet so much hadn't destroyed my ability to cry, I totally would have.

I do not like their explanation for Kara's situation. In fact, a lot of it came down to spiritual crap rather than true... twists, I guess.

But overall, I am happy with it.

Madame Adequate
03-22-2009, 03:44 AM
Best part about the series finale: Tori dies and nobody gives a crap at all.

Oh shiz I missed this earlier. Absolutely 100% agreed with. It was awesome that nobody cared at all. xD And I feel so bad for poor Tyrol, he's one of my fave characters and one of the few who makes an effort to be a decent guy, and he gets kicked around by the universe so much that he manages to stand out as getting the short end of the stick after a nuclear holocaust. I wanted to hug him and tell him that I won't be a jerk :(

Also, just how many times did Boomer change allegiances over the course of the show?

Slothy
03-23-2009, 03:02 AM
Ok, here's what really annoys me.

I know the entire theme of the show has been, "All this has happened before, and will happen again." But I always assumed that the story we were watching would be the one in which the cycle was broken. But for the characters, for the fleet and Battlestar Galactica to go through ALL THAT :bou::bou::bou::bou: just so they could abandon everything that they knew and start the cycle all over again. My god, that's just wretched.

One of the first things I thought after watching the finale was, "maybe Dee had the right idea afterall =/" Their entire struggle was pretty useless in the end. Instead of, I dunno, honoring their history and their past and everything they had learned through their recent struggles, they decide to completely throw it all away. Clean slate bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:. Why not work together to build a new civilization? One in which the trauma of the cylon/human war is remembered so that history doesn't repeat itself. But oh wait, if they had done that then that wouldn't have fit in nicely with the whole, "they're our ancestors" idea.

Explain how trying to build a new civilization with the same technology and ideals would have ended the cycle? It was done twice after Kobul (three times if you want to count New Caprica), and every time, civilization destroyed itself. I can see what you're getting at, but the history of the people in the show has proven that picking up where you left off on a new planet doesn't change anything, and there's no reason to believe it should. A fresh start isn't really a fresh start if the only thing that changes is your location. Given that the Cylons seemed pretty convinced they'd eventually die off there would be no reason for anything to change in the scenario you claim you'd prefer.

Instead of coming to our Earth and claiming the planet as theirs and doing whatever they wanted all willy nilly, they instead chose to actually start over, and to try and integrate with the indigenous people to build a better society from scratch. Obviously time, evolution and our short memories would have other ideas though.

How much more badass would it have been if they had built a new civilization, one that took humanity and technology further than it had ever gone before? Having survived the cylon/human war and found a way not just to coexist, but to love one another, they had the potential to take civilization to whole new heights. Instead they're in Africa. Hunting animals with pointy sticks.

Who are we to judge what progress is? We like to think that we're so advanced and developed because of our technology, but we're still a planet full of assholes. And if the rest of the cylons die off in a generation without procreating, then there is no loving, accepting civilization you speak of. It's simply a recipe for everything to happen all over again. Take the technology out of the mix for a while and they at least buy themselves a reprieve from their own self-destructive tendencies jeopardizing the entire human race and a chance to find something better.

IF they really had to do the flash forward to our present time thing, then I wish they had done it differently. The whole tone of the last 3 minutes was off. Like they completely switched gears and it was like watching a different show. BSG has always been on the darker side, so why bring in all that cheese all of sudden? They could have played it so much more true to the series. Like if they fast forward to the the future and we see a war in which "humans" are fighting robots, without realizing that humans themselves are robots. Something other than the *wink wink* dur hur hur, look ma! It's our New York!

This comment bothers me the most. I suppose anyone can interpret the show however they want, but for me, it's always been a show about hope. Yes it's a dark show a lot of the time. I don't think you can portray the near extinction of humanity and the struggle to find a new home as a cheery love fest. But it was always a show based on hope. The hope that they could find a new home, make a fresh start, and in the last season especially, find a way to co-exist with the Cylons without both sides killing each other.

The ending fit to me. It was a rather fitting message given everything that's happened in the show over the last 4-5 years that we still have a chance to get past our need to destroy each other and maybe stand some chance of living together and treating each other as human beings for a change. Whether you liked it or not, the message was completely in keeping with one of the major themes I felt the show has been conveying for years.

That's just my view of it. Not saying you have to like it, just arguing the other side.

Miriel
03-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Um. I think you completely missed the point of my post, but ok.

Madame Adequate
03-23-2009, 04:25 AM
The ending fit to me. It was a rather fitting message given everything that's happened in the show over the last 4-5 years that we still have a chance to get past our need to destroy each other and maybe stand some chance of living together and treating each other as human beings for a change. Whether you liked it or not, the message was completely in keeping with one of the major themes I felt the show has been conveying for years.

That's just my view of it. Not saying you have to like it, just arguing the other side.

What message? Modern day humanity has no idea wtf. They've never heard of cylons. They're completely inexperienced in dealing with the issues once they build AI. Had the Colonial-Cylon alliance worked to build a new civilization themselves, they could have ensured that there was representation for all, that the society was built upon tolerance and respect, and that the lessons of the past were never forgotten.

tebian
03-27-2009, 02:56 PM
BSG ending what can you say besides the if they where all angels we where sure sold a bill of goods for this last year. Sorry but that just was not the ending I thought would come from such a great series.