PDA

View Full Version : Let The Right One In

Rantz
01-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Has anyone seen this movie? I saw it last night, and it turned out to be my favourite movie of '08 so far. IMDb lists it (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/) as Drama/Horror/Romance/Thriller, but it's none of those genres like you ever saw them before. The acting is honest, natural and quite excellent, and the photography is beautiful in a damp, macabre way. The manuscript is one of my all-time favourites. I absolutely loved all about this movie.

Necronopticous
01-16-2009, 03:16 PM
It is a genius film. It could have been perfect, even, if a few scenes were cut, and the CG was scrapped.

charliepanayi
01-16-2009, 08:17 PM
I have heard lots of good things about this film, a friend of mine really loved it, but don't think it gets a proper release in the UK until April :( - when it does surface (on cinema or DVD) I will have to check it out.

eestlinc
01-30-2009, 08:37 AM
I loved it. Very good movie.

I'm moving to northern Alaska next year, so I enjoyed the dark, snowy scenery. Very good mood. Of course, i hope I don't get eaten by vampires up there.

BG-57
02-03-2009, 02:55 AM
Terrific film. I saw the outcome of the swimming pool scene a mile away and it still shocked me. It's very grim but strangely touching and poignant. It's got more in common with Nosferatu than say, Underworld or Twillight.

Craig
02-03-2009, 03:48 AM
i always learn of the best things on eoff..

i will watch this when its out in the uk cos im guessing its very good. ill get my gf to watch with me cos she loves vampires