PDA

View Full Version : EoFF ... Unwanted Nostalgia? Satisfictifying Nostalgia?

Markus. D
01-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Quote your very first post in EoFF for all to see~

T____T

thats definetly right, only on international plus last mission can you control fiends.

Also! The topic of your first ever thread in EoFF and the opening post you made~!

Hi im new here.

hi, im nik, i got my user name from .hack//sign manga dvd.

I was looking back for some EoFF Nostalgia, I was such a noob it pained me to read some of my older/half-brother's posts.. So~ I propose we all do so~ In the name of fun!

Rye
01-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Oh, how embarassing!

Mine is exactly the same as yours,Go powerful women. Also, at the end,

Tidus: Im sorry i couldnt bring you to zanarkand

*yuna eys fill with tears*

Yuna:I love you

*tidus looks with pain to think that he will never she the one he loves ever again and joy because he knows that yuna loves him like he loves her*

*Tidus tries to hug(my eyes fill with tears :cry: *

Well that was more of a skit than quote but its my favorite scene

^.^;;

Momiji
01-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Hahaha, 12 year old Jess.

I like Paladin Cecil. Holy knights are just... my thing. Sure, I would have had the Dark Ability over Cover or white magic, but I deal with it. Besides, Cecil HAD to become a Paladin to defeat Zeromus any way.

:sweat:

Denmark
01-16-2009, 02:55 PM
I'll do the earliest stuff that's available.

Which appears to be this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vi/20151-favorite-ff6-party.html#post343831).

Jiro
01-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Jet Black LionHeart.

Griever
Bahumat
Ifrit
Cactuar
Tonberry King

Anywhere without people and lots of monsters. Maybe Odin's castle thing.

Hi everyone! I know there is a thread about this before but it wil ltake too long to seach for it. So, does any one know of any good sites with FMVS on it? Thx:)

As you can see, I was immature and thought angsty was cool. Obviously not xD I hope I've become a better member since then :D

Old Manus
01-16-2009, 03:30 PM
My first ever post got edited in times past due to guerilla tactics by Scottnumbers.

The closest I have is my fourth post, which is this gem of deep philosophy.

go jack!I can't say I've improved that much since then

Bunny
01-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Back in March I started smoking. Back in March I stopped smoking. For about two weeks, almost straight and everyday, I smoked around two or three times a day. Mostly out of boredom and wanting to see what all the fuss was about. I tried one ciger but didn't make it further than a single puff, the things are horrid. So yeah, that's my story about smoking. Two weeks back in March I was a smoker.

I tell you what though, I had these cigarettes that tasted exactly as Christmas would. If I were to go back to smoking, it would be those things at a non-stop pace. Delicious! Mm..

Not that it means much, but I did quit cold turkey. It makes for a nice little story when you omit the length of time I smoked. People are pretty impressed by it.

My first topic was about books.

Aerith's Knight
01-16-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't want to. But I think rubah has it stashed somewhere if she wants to laugh at me. :sweat:

Shoeberto
01-16-2009, 05:15 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-archive/6395-audio-madness-citizen-bleys.html#post100694

hey u belys dat wuz mene 2 us nubies

Or WAS it? Great clip, Bleys. Interesting introduction to all the big staff people. I would just hate to be you when Asorie hears this.
(PS: I downloaded the big one, and it's 9.04 megs, not 10)
Not as bad as I had feared.

rubah
01-16-2009, 05:18 PM
heheehe nubies.

my first post was a veritable essay detailing my stats in ffx. My first thread was on what genders people attributed to the GFs in ff8.

crazybayman
01-16-2009, 05:26 PM
First Post - On my ULTIMATE BLITZBALL DYANASTY FTW

As follows:

RF: Wakka - (coulda had someone more powerful actually, but had to have him on the roster 'cause he's the CAP'N!!)

MF: Brother - Unstoppable

LF: Tidus, of course with that canon for a sphere kick

RD: Nimrook (I think)

LD: Eigaar - great shot from the point

G: Kyou (turned out to be a great goaltender)

Yep..........they dominated blitzball like Canada does in hockey. I would typically win like 12-0.

And that was a team I picked up near the end, after I got the airship. I didn't bother with it so much during my first visit to Luca.

*insert cool quote/graphics here*

(Posted back in March of '05)

First Thread. Obviously an extremely important topic:
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/61395-ninjas-vs-vampires.html

Psychotic
01-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Small problem with getting the Sun Crest:
After going to the Zanarkand Dome I head straigh into the room where I beat Yunalesca.This is where the problem comes in: Dark Bahamut dislikes me for some reason and decides, just for a laugh, to wipe out my party doing regular attacks(either 99,999 or 999,999 I can't tell cause he does it too fast)*Repeats twice*
ARGH! HOW DO I GET THE SUN CREST IF THAT THING IS IN THE WAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
And don't say beat it.In all three attempts I only got one turn(Couldn't escape so I did the honourable thing and attacked.It missed.)
Space bar optional. My literary style is still the same though!

SERIOUSLY THOUGH HOW THE smurf DO I GET THE SUN CREST

(Zanmato)

Tavrobel
01-16-2009, 05:37 PM
I've had my first post quoted more than once here, and I am ashamed of how little I knew.

I rectified that mistake.

edczxcvbnm
01-16-2009, 05:39 PM
I will just post my oldest still on record. My real first thread and first post are long gone to never be recovered again.

First post on record

<a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-archive/4316-ff7-general-trivia-2.html#post84373">
I will just post a very very easy question. How many Jenova types do you fight in the game?</a>

To which Raistlin replied 3...dumbass.

First thread is http://forums.eyesonff.com/eyes-you-archive/24580-eyes-you-gives-you-del-murder.html

I might be able to find an earlier post and thread on archive.org later.

Vermachtnis
01-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Ya know I thought it looked more like a tick. I didn't think the apperince was funny, I thought it was pretty hilarous that the people on Spira worshiped a bug lol

I ended in lol. But it still is funny that they worship a bug.

edczxcvbnm
01-16-2009, 06:10 PM
I have archive.org updates for myself.

I managed to find a thread I made in the FFXI forum back in 2001 called 5 years down the line.

Final Fantasy XI - Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums (http://web.archive.org/web/20010624081118/http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=12)

I also found a post I made in a BOF thread in 2001.

BoF - Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums (http://web.archive.org/web/20010721160340/eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=429)

I have trouble finding anything older in general let alone with my name.

Heath
01-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Small problem with getting the Sun Crest:
After going to the Zanarkand Dome I head straigh into the room where I beat Yunalesca.This is where the problem comes in: Dark Bahamut dislikes me for some reason and decides, just for a laugh, to wipe out my party doing regular attacks(either 99,999 or 999,999 I can't tell cause he does it too fast)*Repeats twice*
ARGH! HOW DO I GET THE SUN CREST IF THAT THING IS IN THE WAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
And don't say beat it.In all three attempts I only got one turn(Couldn't escape so I did the honourable thing and attacked.It missed.)
Space bar optional. My literary style is still the same though!

SERIOUSLY THOUGH HOW THE smurf DO I GET THE SUN CREST

(Zanmato)

I have the Sun crest (got it after Yunalesca no Dark Bahamut :)
and sigil (I actaully had 0:0,5 now that just takes the mickey doesn't it!)
Now what do I do. I haven't got the celestial mirror where do you get it?

Tom misses out Dark Bahamut. Tom 1 - 0 Paul :D

Cuchulainn
01-16-2009, 06:40 PM
America Will Have A Black President In 2009

I swear to god I said that.

Awrini
01-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Hmmm. The archives don't go that far back. =P

Freya
01-16-2009, 08:15 PM
hey all im a newb yes and i even made a newb post (which i rarely do) you better be nice or i'll have to pull a can of woop a$$ on ya j/K :D but yeah ok so hi and i would love to meet all of you.
(http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/48477-wow-look-newb.html)
*Head desk* I didn't start capitalizing my "I"s tell Paul got annoyed by it when we PM'd all the time way back when.

That was my first thread but I dunno if that counts.

Other than the newb one this is my first thread.

Why are you all up where i live it's only 6? I woke up and cant get back to sleep. What kind of monsters are you? I'm a purple furry one. But aniwho why oh why are you up you hooligans!!!11!1!!!one!!! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/48563-what-kind-person-up-6-morning.html)

... xD

rubah
01-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Lekana Learns About Time Zones

Freya
01-16-2009, 08:21 PM
I wasn't the smartest 14 yr old.

Jessweeee♪
01-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Hee...I didn't capitalize something if it wasn't at the beginning of a sentence and I loved to use ellipses. A lot.

hey peoples!! This is my first post here.

I have some questions...
I need these items: 1 force armlet, 2energy crystals, 3 dragon fangs, and 12 pulse ammos for the lionheart and shooting star. Also where can i get dark matter? What items do i need to get doomtrain and where can i get them (i have the solomon's ring)?

I'm at Ultemecia's castle so i can't go into any cities or anything exept for tear's point and the research facility thingy.

Also, where is the island closest to heaven?

I think I have more questions...but that's all i remember.

I have rinoa zell and squall in my party, squall's almost at level 50 and zell and rinoa are near level 40.

Thanks in advace for all of your help.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/66555-lionheart-shooting-star.html#post1228728

This one isn't so bad, but some of my other posts around that time are mortifying :eep:

Depression Moon
01-16-2009, 09:33 PM
My first post
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/108977-mario-vs-link-2.html#post2284328

My first thread
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/108994-new-gamer-mix.html

Awrini
01-16-2009, 09:41 PM
All I remember is that my first few posts were in the FFT fora.

Wolf Kanno
01-16-2009, 09:54 PM
My first post and first thread are the same...

http://forums.eyesonff.com/1948866-post1.html

ThundagAuron
01-16-2009, 10:33 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x-x-2/13657-faq-venus-sigil-thunder-plains-spoilers-post1017888.html#post1017888

Lol. That was a while ago.

Never started a thread, actually, haha.

Markus. D
01-16-2009, 11:35 PM
I wasn't the smartest 14 yr old.

Lies!

Those two posts you quoted made my day xD!

kikimm
01-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Actually, you guys, I don't rememeber where, but I KNOW that a few days ago, I read that ater hearing Nobuo's theme song for the game, which was about love, he changed the storyline a little bit. So whether that makes you happy or pissed off, there it is.

:D

Man, what a :skull::skull::skull::skull: I can't believe I really registered to post THAT.

Leeza
01-17-2009, 06:01 AM
This is the first post that I have on record and it happens to be two days after I registered. My newbie thread is gone.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/128139-post151.html

This is the first thread that I have on record that isn't in the Staff Forum.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/help-forum/33023-xp-home-vs-professional.html

Ramza Beoulve
01-17-2009, 07:17 AM
I didn't had a noob newbie thread :)

First post

My characters and my GF's are at level 100, except Zell, it is at level 98

Aaaaand first thread

Which one is the most EVIL videogame song you have ever heard and why?

I think the ones are:

Enchanted Banquet (Castlevania SotN)
Because the music takes you to a nightmare, and you can only think in them. Glorious.

Black Banquet (Castlevania SotN)
Same feelings than the one above. Superb.

Ultimecia's Castle (FFVIII)
This killing feeling...

:moomba:

God, now that I think about it, I have gone worse each month :sweat:

Loony BoB
01-17-2009, 11:51 AM
The oldest post I have by me is this one, from 14/10/2000... back when I had less than 250 posts at the UBB and was a 'Level 40' member! :p

is everyone talkin' about looks? I'm sure she said beside looks... Well, for one thing, i've never been able to go past a cute giggle... that's what got me here in the first place I go for... erm... people beginning with k (or so it seems!), who have the ability to be not only fun, but serious when it counts. you've gotta be able to click like that, coz if someone needs comfort, then you have to know exactly how and when they need it. How to tell they like you? Uh... i have been known to spend ALL my money on this girl, ie. flights and flowers etc... (no luck - DAMN!), and the odd call with little conversation, but the guy just drags it on so they can hear the girls voice... *sigh*... as for looks, i've found that when i like a girl, she's the most gorgeous work of art i've ever seen - and once i get over her, i could be like "what the hell was i on?"
*cough* Er, yes.

EDIT: Aside from grammar, how I am with girls has changed little. xD Haha. I still spend all my money on them. Only difference is now it pays off. :p

If they want, I can also provide extremely old posts (from the same thread) by: Etienne, edczxcvbnm, Raven1074, Rodarian, BOU/GokuKid124652364, Hsu, Agent Proto, Krelaen, bossker, Zenki, DarkPriestess, Nino Brown, Princess Usa, Gilgamesh, Citizen Bleys, ShlupQuack, Galahan, Phoenix Aes Sedai, Queenie*24 (there's a blast from the past), Alixsar, silverbow, m4tt, Drex, Linus, Kefka, Teek and imuya. Some of them may no longer be registered though...

edczxcvbnm
01-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Holy :skull::skull::skull::skull:...I would like you to post whatever the hell I put down. This would have been about two weeks after I joined...and I since 8 years have past I would imagine that whatever I put down is insane compared to now.

Loony BoB
01-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Being a guy I can' answer the last part. But I look for a nice person. Not
really to much else. Likeing Video games and the music I listen to is always a plus. My previous girlfriends never like video games. Looks is last. As long as we
are happy that is all that really matters. To bad I currently don't have a girlfriend.
You got off lightly with the oldest post (that was 13/10/2000) :p I'll see what else there is by you...

like a girl that loves to laugh. I also like smart people. They make for some great conversations. I could talk for hours. *runs around in circles 3 times and explodes*
I swear I remember you doing that exploding thing a lot.

Thats not a bad idea...to bad my best friends are guys. The girls in my area are trendies. Me and my friends can't stand that. Everyone is beautiful to somebody because everyone has different tastes(that should boost everyones self-esteem!)

I knew a few girls who were sweet. They were nice to everyone. One of them is the nicest person I have EVER met. I never heard of her even remotly getting mad at anyone. You can be funny if you want. Its all about just doing things. My friends all ways say "When your around there is always something funny happening!". I am pretty strange in how I go about doing things. I don't know whether to take what they said as a complement or not!
A few typos...

Why don't you just tell her to go to the "ask TK out thread". But like I said in your other Thread Thorn...Just ask him out. If he says no then you can go on with your life. If he says yes then way to go. Just ask him out.
Ahahahaha, the "ask TK out thread" xDDDDD Oh man.

There were a few other posts by you but nothing really interesting. It was a long thread. Shame it's all jumbled now, the txt file crapped up or something.

Clouded Sky
01-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Apparently I was letting everyone know what the internet was for in my first post. Oh dear.

two words - bit torrent

Also, I refuse to post my first thread. It was in EoEO and quite angsty/emo. Oh dear. I'm so glad I grew up.

Craig
01-17-2009, 03:42 PM
mine was "I love Beany hats they are like a Tea cosy for the head."

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-17-2009, 04:21 PM
My first post was also my first thread. It was in the FFV forum, and I used <<b></b>font color="blue"> to hide spoilers, since we wouldn't have specific tags for them until quite a while later.

As for the subject matter, I think it was basically just about how awesome Galuf is. http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/galufgutsl.gif

edczxcvbnm
01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Holy crap I rule...and those typos are still around with me XP My mine gets ahead of me and I miss endings or a small word all of the time XP

Fujiko
01-18-2009, 11:11 PM
First post:

But I rarely get angry

BORIIS <33 *throws glitter and jam and fuzzy pink cookies*

Topic of first thread:

FLUFFY GLITTERY FUZZY SLIPPERS

First post (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/67593-fluffy-glittery-fuzzy-slippers.html) of first thread (xD):

Newbie threaaad! yayness!

*Fujiko will have to read the FAQ carefully and try to be as active as possible*

Fujiko doesn't know if she should put up her blog url =D

(&%%/(!!! I have to goo!! noo! My intro!
OKAY! A QUICKIE! (xDD Dirty)

I have teh things to say before I, unfortunately, have to close up this thread.

---

Beneath Glitter, Jam, Fuzzyness and Cookies lies:
Fu-Fu [aka Fujiko|Fuzzy|Yunie]

Beneath Cheese lies:
Emmza

Beneath BoB lies:
Loony

Beneath teh Goof lies:
Kappy

Beneath teh cool lies:
Rubah

Beneath teh great Squinchy lies:
Squinn <3

Beneath Chubzilla lies:
Boris

Beneath kangaroo lies:
Kagga

Beneath Adorable lies:
Neel

Beneath sword collections and TEH pool lies:
Je[b]us

Beneath teh liege lies:
Sir ROO

...And beneath "head spins" and "worms" lies...?
RSL

Accessories sold seperately, batteries not included.:D

*rolls on the floor laughing* Hyperactivity back in the days~ B) And still as glittery as ever :love:

Shlup
01-18-2009, 11:37 PM
My first post is long dead and buried.

Brennan
01-18-2009, 11:41 PM
I heard that the movie is going to have a game for PSP but i'm not sure.;)
The above was about an Advent Children game

My first topic was about what music are you listening to, (except with Rock-only) which quickly got closed

Dignified Pauper
01-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Hmm, I had a few "first posts"

My very first post from Ilsadar is gone forever. DELETED IN THE ANNALS OF 2001!

In the 03 elections, I joined the Thief Party

OOO! ADD ME ADD ME! I'M ALL FOR FIVE-FINGER DISCOUNTS.. ANYTHING THAT BENEFITS ME WHILE MAKING OTHERS DIS-FORTUNATE I'M ALL FOR!

So, i'll vote for your party and be a part of it!

My oldest post for Marick/DP is about when EoFF became gross brown:

I see a massive amount of numbers where the dates are supposed to be with a lot of distortion? is this the "new look" we're talking about or is it something else?

Wow, I can't believe I was so lame.

The Man
01-19-2009, 05:34 AM
My first post was probably some long essay about Cain and Rosa. I cared about Final Fantasy a lot more back then than I do now. It's almost certainly long pruned by now, since the FF sections were pruned several years ago and I didn't venture outside of them for a few weeks after I joined.

I'd be interested to go back and read some of the things I wrote seven-odd years ago, but a lot of it would probably make me grimace as well. I've grown up a lot.

Shlup
01-19-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm bored waiting for something to load, so I looked up my oldest posts available.

Do you know what day you're planning on announcing the results, Proto? Not that I plan on being present, I just thought it a wise question to ask.

I started listening to it a few days ago but I got distracted and I think it's best if I don't listen again. Listening to Bley's makes me want to cry.

I don't think I've changed very much since I was 17, to be quite honest. :/

Loony BoB
01-19-2009, 09:36 AM
So it turns out I'd already attached the year-2000 thread ages ago and it was edited nicely so it could be readable. Yay. Here it is (http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachments/general-chat/27429d1197897578-improvement-oldthread.txt).

EDIT: I wonder if all those 'levels' we used to have encouraged newbies to post more...

Momiji
01-19-2009, 03:18 PM
EDIT: I wonder if all those 'levels' we used to have encouraged newbies to post more...

Bring them back and we'll find out. :p

Raistlin
01-19-2009, 03:31 PM
I can usually tell when girls like me though... but we wont go into that...

Oh man, that sounds like an interesting story.

Also, I miss Erika. :(

Shlup
01-19-2009, 07:05 PM
It's not a story; a lot of people in high school thought I was gay so I had a number of female admirers. And they weren't subtle about it.

Aerith's Knight
01-19-2009, 07:42 PM
It's not a story; a lot of people in high school thought I was gay so I had a number of female admirers. And they weren't subtle about it.

You're my favorite person in the world if you tell these stories. :)

Raistlin
01-19-2009, 07:43 PM

Well, that or they just thought (/knew) you were a man.

The Man
01-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Perhaps She is a man.

Fonzie
01-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Well, it would be nice of square to ethier say its not comin' out for PS3 or it is, because these debates are driving me crazy :p .

Ah, this is the earliest I have, think some others got deleted, pruned, etc.

Me discussing the tech demo for FF7.

Setzer Gabianni
01-22-2009, 01:51 PM
How are we today? I felt paticularly random the other day, decided to call myself this name - I'm hoping someone can guess where it came from.

I am actually FEMALE hahah, just a bit of a crazy person, but I am generally a nice person, with a tendency to go OTT. =O

Seeya later.

My first post is a welcome fread one. ahhhhhhh.

Old Manus
01-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Hmm, I had a few "first posts"

My very first post from Ilsadar is gone forever. DELETED IN THE ANNALS OF 2001!

In the 03 elections, I joined the Thief Party

OOO! ADD ME ADD ME! I'M ALL FOR FIVE-FINGER DISCOUNTS.. ANYTHING THAT BENEFITS ME WHILE MAKING OTHERS DIS-FORTUNATE I'M ALL FOR!

So, i'll vote for your party and be a part of it!

My oldest post for Marick/DP is about when EoFF became gross brown:

I see a massive amount of numbers where the dates are supposed to be with a lot of distortion? is this the "new look" we're talking about or is it something else?

Wow, I can't believe I was so lame.Needs more Exit Marick Stage Right

Levian
01-22-2009, 02:20 PM
It's so weird to see stuff I've written 7 years ago, that person is not meeeeeee it's someone else. INTRUDER. Someone go get a cage, a stun gun and some pancakes and get that loon behind some metal bars. (the pancakes are for me btw)

Kalen
01-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Crazyness. I know they go back before this, I think there was a reset in the forums, but here's mine hahah

Kishi is cool.

Oh how naive I was. O=)

Rase
01-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Zeromus. Evil Wall is hard but compared to how long it took me to beat Zeromus he's a snap. Bahamut was easy because all you do is wall everyone. Most other bosses had a strategy that if you figured it out they were easy.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Kishi is cool.

Oh how naive I was. O=)

:aimmad:

:aimsun:

XxSephirothxX
01-23-2009, 12:32 AM
I was a lot more enthusiastic and eager to fit in, but the whole internet community thing was a new concept. It didn't take me long to settle in and let the bitterness shine through.

Cuchulainn
01-23-2009, 02:11 AM
I was a lot more enthusiastic and eager to fit in, but the whole internet community thing was a new concept. It didn't take me long to settle in and let the bitterness shine through.

I've never wanted to fit in, and at times deliberately alienated myself from the herd if i fear i'm getting too much attention. I dart in & out of threads like a mouse stealing food. Or start threads that make people think wha teh fuh. 90% of my threads are for one purpose & that is to make myself laugh. You're cool though. Always were. Let's marry in Norway & adopt africans.

Evastio
01-23-2009, 04:14 AM
Yeah, I know. I saw that picture on RPGamer.com. I think.

Kalen
01-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Kishi is cool.

Oh how naive I was. O=)

:aimmad:

:aimsun:

Mwahahahah!

Mwahahahah, I say!

Araciel
01-23-2009, 05:04 AM
i am just trying to find out what reflect null and mag elem null actually do...their descriptions are kinda vague

OMG I used the site for advice in FF9 *ashamed*
lawl and then there's my first thread...

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/91526-you-know-whats-funny.html