PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough! >=O

Momiji
01-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Seriously, can reality TV stoop any lower?

YouTube - WCG Ultimate Gamer promo (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EYGbEydUFJw)

Bahamut2000X
01-16-2009, 02:53 PM
I hardly see how the reality of gamers is entertaining.
------------
"Hey...Bill...pass me the cheetos dude!"
"We're out of cheetos."
"WHAT! HOLY :skull::skull::skull::skull: DUDE! HOLY :skull::skull::skull::skull:!"
"Relax we got Doritos."
"Coo'"
"So wanna go out tonight?"
"Naw."

------------

Through in retrospect it'll be easy to write up the script for the shows. :monster:

Momiji
01-16-2009, 02:56 PM
The funny thing is, the winner of this will be labeled 'Ultimate Gamer' in the US, when most good gamers who are more than likely better than those who signed up wouldn't be dumb enough to sign up for a dramafest-- they'd be too busy...y'know, playing games.

What's with all of the stupid non-gaming challenges, too?

Værn
01-16-2009, 03:20 PM
What's with all of the stupid non-gaming challenges, too?
To further blur the line between video games and reality for viewers who already have trouble seeing it?

Reality TV is an oxymoron. It should not exist T_T

Bunny
01-16-2009, 03:29 PM
It's basically the Big Brother concept with video games instead of group House challenges. You put 12 people, picked moreso for their personalities and overall reality television appeal than their gaming prowess, in a house together and force them to interact with each other for a long period of time and there will be personality clashes and arguments. People eat that stuff up, that's why reality television is so huge.

The script on that is terribly written and the people they picked are not entertaining at all, except for maybe the Asian dude with the dumb hair. Naturally, all the girls are over emotional and crying all the time in the trailer. So that's fun too. Sci-Fi channel, quality television.

Oh and I laughed quietly to myself upon hearing a number of their video games. Naturally they would choose the biggest ones from companies eager to send money on promotions and product placement. Good job.

Vermachtnis
01-16-2009, 05:36 PM
What the hell is this? I don't even...

Tavrobel
01-16-2009, 05:42 PM
You can't be hardcore when all you play is WoW and Rock Band. To be precise, that would be the exact opposite of hardcore.

This show fails on failing to properly understand what ultimate gaming is.

Depression Moon
01-16-2009, 08:23 PM
I didn't see WoW in there at all. I think the concept is great. It proves that more people are recognizing gaming. I'll watch it when it comes on in March to see if it is any good.

rubah
01-16-2009, 08:26 PM
The answer to this of course is to stop making reality tv profitable and it will disappear. . .

Bunny
01-16-2009, 08:37 PM
The answer to this of course is to stop making reality tv profitable and it will disappear. . .

That requires the death of millions.

I'm in.

scrumpleberry
01-16-2009, 08:44 PM

I'm in.

Seconding this >:(

I Don't Need A Name
01-16-2009, 08:59 PM

I'm in.

Thirded!!

Bahamut2000X
01-16-2009, 09:29 PM

I'm in.

Thirded!!

^4

Lawr
01-16-2009, 09:35 PM
C C C Combo Breaker!

Miriel
01-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Seems totally lame. I doubt it'll find much of an audience and I feel bad for the people who are on it. It's like second-hand embarrassment.

If y'all don't like reality shows, don't watch them. Me on the other hand, I love me some Top Chef and Project Runway.

Jessweeee♪
01-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Oh dear...this makes me almost want to not call myself a gamer.

qwertysaur
01-16-2009, 09:39 PM
I'll just ignore this show. Reality TV is only as strong as you let it be. Ignore it and it withers and dies. :p While there are some reality shows that are actually well done, shows like these are begging to be taken off the air due to bad quality. I'll read the wikipedia entry just to see if they actually use a game that can pose a challenge to beat.

However, I will be pleasantly surprised if they make the gamers play through Nocturne. It would be great to watch the supposed "great gamers" be destroyed by it. Also hoping they have to play a shmup bullet hell, especially because they use scores so the players can compete in them. Those games are also very hard, unfortunately that is unlikely to happen, as they seem to be using multiplayer games. =/

I predict that they will use mostly shooter, sports, racing, fighting and Music games. Also Tetris, because it's Tetris. I do hope they include an RPG, strategy game, tactical RPG, I want to be the guy and a Shmup.

Moon Rabbits
01-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Seems totally lame. I doubt it'll find much of an audience and I feel bad for the people who are on it. It's like second-hand embarrassment.

If y'all don't like reality shows, don't watch them. Me on the other hand, I love me some Top Chef and Project Runway.

Gordon Ramsay > The guy from Top Chef

Some reality TV is fuckin awesome~ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solitary_(TV_series))

Tavrobel
01-17-2009, 02:35 AM
I want to be the guy

Ohh, God yes, that would be hilariously awesome beyond words. Unfortunately, it'll never happen because based on the games that are being played, they are avoiding any game with a user-interface flaw, which is more or less what IWBTG is all about. They would fail to see the wonderful satire of the game, and that the challenge is that it doesn't encourage stupidity, it punishes it, which is something most modern gamers would never be able to handle.