PDA

View Full Version : War. War Never Changes.

Laddy
01-17-2009, 06:02 AM
I finished Fallout 3 after my escapade of 100% Speech success, maxed-out karma, and constant chest-aiming for non-gory kills.

I denied the President's virus, and selflessly saved the world. I must say, something about the ending I got was...touching, Basically, it shows the good things you've done and various selfless characters (ThreeDog, Docotr Li, Brotherhood of Steel) and shows how selfless your sacrifice was for man, cleaned or mutated.

I really wish more games had more moral decisions that matter. Sure, you could kill hundreds of people in Morrowind or Oblivion, but you still end up saving the world. Baldur's Gate has a moral system, but it's more like a guideline than a developed choice.

So, how do you like your morality in RPG's?

Jiro
01-17-2009, 06:39 AM
I thought Fallout 3 handles the morality best from my experience. It definitely outclasses the KOTOR system anyway.

Shoeberto
01-17-2009, 07:09 AM
I really enjoy that Fallout never puts you on the strict path of good or evil like some games do when they say they offer you choice (like Bioshock - great game, but you're pretty much all good or bad in the end of that one).

Madame Adequate
01-17-2009, 01:25 PM
I pretty much like how Fallout 1 & 2 do it. 3's ending is a disasterpiece in comparison.

Momiji
01-17-2009, 09:49 PM
I didn't have the patience to stick to it, but I played KOTOR for a while as a good person and as a bad person, and let me tell you, being sadistic is a hell of a lot more fun than being nice. :D