PDA

View Full Version : Can I has sleep?

snacks
01-19-2009, 08:04 AM
I can't sleep!!!

Do you guys have any rituals or anything you do before you fall asleep at night? For me I just usually wear myself into exhaustion by doing nothing until I think I'm tired enough to pass for sleep.

Yar
01-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Sometimes I put in a DVD of a show I like and let that knock me out.

But, I'm noctural anymore, so cba.

You could try *ahem* :shifty:.

snacks
01-19-2009, 08:10 AM
yeah, that's what i was avoiding being said.
i figured someone would bring it up.
usually i take something or just wear myself down into a coma, but insomnia is getting the best of me lately.

.:kerrod:.
01-19-2009, 09:17 AM
i don't know what the '*ahem*' means...tell me what the '*ahem*' means (and before anybody makes a fool out of themselves, i realize it means he's clearing his throat and therefore, hinting at something...i want to know what it's hinting at)

i have a few ideas as to what it means, but i'm not suggesting them to avoid embarassment :D

Loony BoB
01-19-2009, 01:24 PM
I'll get it out of the way and say that a lot of people masturbate and/or have sex before they go to sleep. Now that's said and done, nobody has to actually say it anymore. Let's talk about other things you do in order to sleep and keep the thread somewhat dignified. =P

I don't really have this problem too often, personally. If it gets pretty bad I have whiskey available, but since I wake up at around 7am-7:30am every weekday I rarely ever have trouble falling asleep at around midnight.

Jiro
01-19-2009, 01:59 PM
^ There's your answer Kerrod. :D

There's this liquid thing Mum bought, it helps you relax. Good for if an overactive mind keeps you awake.

Apparently going for a run or jog about an hour before you go to bed is good to tire you out as well. That's all I can think of for now.

Momiji
01-19-2009, 03:27 PM
I just wear myself into exhaustion.

.:kerrod:.
01-19-2009, 03:30 PM
haha, thanks, that's pretty much what i was thinking ^^^ nobody wants to be the one to say it! :greenie: except BoB, apparently :shifty:

Araciel
01-19-2009, 04:19 PM
take a pee.

Jiro
01-19-2009, 04:26 PM
If there's anything that bores you quite a lot, do it repeatedly until you want to sleep.

Loony BoB
01-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Taking a pee reminds me that I also go loo if I feel the need and I have a drink of water if my mouth is dry. I guess half the deal with sleeping is that you need to ensure your body doesn't have any 'outstanding issues' it wants to deal with, be it thirst, sexual desires, hunger, hygienic needs, or whatever.

rubah
01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I play Solitaire.

Caraliz
01-20-2009, 04:40 AM
I usually have to be exhausted before bed to even remotely consider sleep. Otherwise I freak out and get all paranoid about stupid :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Jessweeee♪
01-20-2009, 04:43 AM
Last night I was sleeping really nicely, then I just randomly woke up and couldn't sleep for more than ten minutes at a time for a few hours ._.

Also my feet were FREEZING.

Rye
01-20-2009, 04:59 AM
I like to moisturize my face these days before bed and read.

Yar
01-20-2009, 05:02 AM
Also my feet were FREEZING.Sawks! Also, if socks are simply out of the question because it would require you to get out of bed, you can lay a pillow on top of your feet. :3

Montoya
01-20-2009, 05:04 AM
In order for me to actually go to sleep earlier, I have to deprive myself of sleep the night before so I actually feel tired, otherwise I toss and turn for hours. And that's just not fun.

Shlup
01-20-2009, 05:10 AM
I put on an episode or two of The Office. It's like a lullaby.

Years prior it was South Park, and The Simpsons before that. It's a habit I picked up from my husband.

Shoeberto
01-20-2009, 05:38 AM
I usually have to have the TV on if I'm sleeping at home, but anywhere else I usually read or play DS until I'm tired enough to fall asleep. (DS was GBA, GB in generations past) Writing also helps if I can't sleep due to brainstorming.

Shiny
01-20-2009, 06:03 AM
My boyfriend tucks me in and tells me ghost stories. I have happy dreams.