PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problems

Carl the Llama
01-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Well I was watching a film on my computer the other day when suddenly my computer turned itself off, I origninally figured it was my power unit that broke but I ran a test on it and found out that the power was not the problem, so I did a little test on the computer only plugging the main power directly into the motherboard, tested it and discovered that my computer powered up so I then tested all the other sockets on the computer and discovered it was the 4 slot plug that was the problem and it connects near the heat sink. So my question is, do I need a new motherboard?

EDIT: Iv asked around and the general opinion is that it is indeed my motherboard that is broken so I tried haveing a look to see if I could get my hands on a new motherboard without much luck so was wondering if anyone knows a website that sells old motherboards the one im lookingfor is a Sunshine GA-81915PM motherboard if anyone could help me id be eternally greatful.

NeoTifa
01-24-2009, 10:25 PM
I think its call newegg.com or something. It sells all kinds of computer goodies. My fiancé buys stuff there all the time. ^_^