PDA

View Full Version : Working away!

qwertysaur
01-19-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm working out the hours that I'll be working between classes for next semester, and now I'm curious, what does everyone on EoFF do for a job. Are you a student working part time? Or a full time worker who is done with schooling? Maybe you are doing nothing and living life? I'm just really curious now. xD

I'm a full time college student. Between classes I also tutor Math (Basic to Calculus) , about 19 hours a week this semester :p How about you?

Yar
01-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Unemployed. :(

trancekuja
01-19-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm a full time student and a part time worker( at a supermarket). However , I work almost every day for 4 or 5 hours and more on days when I don't have class...It's kinda tough to combine education and work so my studying suffers sometimes...:( ...but what has to be done isn't hard,right?:)

Araciel
01-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Full Time customer service beeyotch for Telus communications.

Zeldy
01-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Full time student at sixth form college and part time worker in Next on the children's department.

Shlup
01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
I teach middle school math. I work from about 8:30am to usually 4:00pm with no breaks, and by the time I get home I'm too tired to breathe.

But I got today off while most people didn't so yay!

Rantz
01-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Full time student at university college.

Momiji
01-19-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm a full-time student. Jobs are hard to come by around here.

Freya
01-19-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm a full time student and here soon i'll be volunteering to help highschool students and I most likely will Ref youth soccer again :) So no official job just helpful stuff ^_^

Madame Adequate
01-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Full time delinquent student.

rubah
01-20-2009, 12:43 AM
Happily Unemployed since August, 2006

And I do mean happily. Sometimes my dad guilts me about not working, but then I remind him he's not paying for my college.

Bunny
01-20-2009, 01:02 AM
I'm looking for a job.

Cleric
01-20-2009, 01:07 AM
I have two jobs right now preparing to go back to school in the fall. I'll be cutting my part time one then. Can't wait.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-20-2009, 02:58 AM
Full-time university student. Part-time cook at an Irish pub. Usually I work like 20 hours a week or so but lately its been slow so I've been working less hours :/

Jessweeee♪
01-20-2009, 03:13 AM
I don't have a job. Mommy says if I work within walking distance or use the bus some homeless guy will rape me and they won't teach me how to drive :(

Freya
01-20-2009, 03:24 AM
I don't have a job. Mommy says if I work within walking distance or use the bus some homeless guy will rape me and they won't teach me how to drive :(

You parents seem crazy. xD Be like "Mom you're depriving me of skills I will need in College!"

Fonzie
01-20-2009, 03:27 AM
I sell drugs and organize homeless people fights.

kikimm
01-20-2009, 03:33 AM
Full-time student and I work...18-24 hours a week, lately it's been more. I wish I didn't have to work while going to school, I'd much rather be THERE learning things all day, but whatever. Gots to make the money.

Caraliz
01-20-2009, 04:31 AM
Just got a job working fulltime at an old folk's home. Thinking about going to school to be a pharmacy tech in Feb and then if I like that going to be a Pharmacist.

Wolf Kanno
01-20-2009, 06:17 AM
I just went back to school again last summer. I'm a full time student transferring to a bigger college to work on my bachelors degree. I also work as a key holder (I.e. retail bitch) for the Sanrio store in my local mall. Basically I sell crack to children...

I'm hoping to find another job soon, either work study or landing a job back in the service industry cause I desperately miss it. :cry:

Rye
01-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I hate being unemployed, when I COULD be, except I don't have a car to go around at college.

I'm a full time college student.

Loony BoB
01-20-2009, 03:55 PM
IT - Logistics & MADC. To put it in a way that people can understand: Stock Controller / Administrator.

Cuchulainn
01-20-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm in Insurance. I generally hate my job. Most of the faces I see everyday I'd like to slap. I resent pens. I resent humans who drive, live in a house, own a boat, ride a bike & own a pet.

That would mean I hate everyone except the homeless....then I realised most of them seem to have a dog, somehow. So I hate them too. The mentally Ill, however, rule.

The Man
01-20-2009, 06:02 PM
I work at a book store, mostly doing cashiering. All things considered, it could be much worse; for now it's pretty good since I get books at a large discount and it's not too stressful most of the time. I just wish it were full time/paid somewhat better/I had a regular schedule. I doubt it'll be my final career choice, but I'm too lazy to look for another job while the economy is in the gutter.

Rocket Edge
01-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Full time student, and work at a DIY shop on the weekends. I don't mind my work half as much as the college part (studying that is).

Momiji
01-20-2009, 08:54 PM
I also work as a key holder (I.e. retail bitch) for the Sanrio store in my local mall. Basically I sell crack to children...

Sounds like fun!

Kalen
01-21-2009, 03:01 AM
I've been going to preschools in a 2-person clown show... We have between 1-3 shows a day mon-fri.
It's really fun, but I've been getting sick every week from being around all of the kids.

I wash windows at the Kansas City art museum.

Some random birthday parties. I'm doing Balinese dance for a Chinese new year party, and I'll be spider man for a kids birthday. Hahah

And a RARE photography gig...I usually avoid them.

My clown job ends in Feb though so I'm trying to figure out what's next.

Wolf Kanno
01-21-2009, 03:41 AM
I also work as a key holder (I.e. retail bitch) for the Sanrio store in my local mall. Basically I sell crack to children...

Sounds like fun!

Til the bureaucracy kicks in and you realize that the company believes they own your soul... But that's just retail I guess.

Course one Saturday a month I get to live the fantasy of a furry pedophile...

Momiji
01-21-2009, 04:02 AM

Sounds like fun!

Til the bureaucracy kicks in and you realize that the company believes they own your soul... But that's just retail I guess.

Course one Saturday a month I get to live the fantasy of a furry pedophile...

I'd just work there to be surrounded by Hello Kitty and Mashumaromitainafuwafuwanyanko.

Elaborate on the one-Saturday-a-month thing?

Wolf Kanno
01-21-2009, 06:26 AM
I get to dress up like Hello Kitty and get my picture taken with customers, mostly underage jail-bait. I actually feel my boss noticed this and that is why I don't get to be Kitty anymore. I'm the only guy who works at the store. :(

Levian
01-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Full Time student until June, and I work part time at a grocery store. I'm trying to get a job at a game store so I don't actually have to work though.

oh and full time moderator at some final fantasy forum. How could I forget?