PDA

View Full Version : I am no longer the only person who hasn't seen The Dark Knight!

Jessweeee♪
01-20-2009, 04:46 AM
I thought it was as good as everyone said it was. Best Joker ever!

Don't you just hate it when everyone but you has seen a certain movie and they all just love it? And everyone is always talking about it? And you have to plug your ears and go LALALALALALA 'cause you don't wanna get spoiled?

Yar
01-20-2009, 05:03 AM
That just leaves me. :(

Thankxalot, Jez.

Shlup
01-20-2009, 05:09 AM
I can't think of a time that's happened to me. According to my husband I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen such gems as The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins, but I suppose that's not the same situation.

My very own brother-in-law hasn't seen Dark Knight. Last time he was in town we watched Batman Begins but didn't have time to get to Dark Knight.

Del Murder
01-20-2009, 05:50 AM
I never saw Titanic. :D

Yar
01-20-2009, 06:08 AM
I've never seen a Star Wars film. Haven't seen Harry Potter either. In fact, there are a lot of big time movies that I've never seen.

Araciel
01-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I never saw Titanic. :D

Momiji
01-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Don't you just hate it when everyone but you has seen a certain movie and they all just love it? And everyone is always talking about it? And you have to plug your ears and go LALALALALALA 'cause you don't wanna get spoiled?

Usually when 'everyone' loves a movie, I make a point of not watching it. :D

TDK was okay though. :p

blackmage_nuke
01-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I still havent seen The Dark Knight :(

I also haven't seen the Passion of the Christ, nor do I ever want to :)

scrumpleberry
01-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Never seen Star Wars, still haven't seen Dark Knight. A whole bunch of others.

Marshall Banana
01-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Never seen Star Wars
Let's watch it right now! =O

scrumpleberry
01-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Never seen Star Wars
Let's watch it right now! =O

But how?

Marshall Banana
01-20-2009, 03:44 PM
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=52051D01F27DA049)

I'll watch with you! We'll have a marathon!

kikimm
01-20-2009, 03:59 PM
I've never seen Finding Nemo, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I Don't Need A Name
01-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I've never seen Finding Nemo, and I'd like to keep it that way.

seconded

Polaris
01-20-2009, 05:08 PM
My brother saw "Twilght" and said it was amazing but I didn't watch it... yet :jokey:

Jessweeee♪
01-20-2009, 05:16 PM
I've never seen Shaun of the Dead all the way through S:

You shouldn't let other people decide what movies you (don't) watch, y'know D:

Jowy
01-20-2009, 06:36 PM
I haven't seen The Dark Knight, The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, The Passion, OR Finding Nemo. And I really don't care to either!

Marshall Banana
01-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Finding Nemo is overrated, anyway.

Rantz
01-20-2009, 06:52 PM
I haven't seen Forrest Gump. :O

escobert
01-20-2009, 07:42 PM
I hardly ever go see movies so this always happens to me.

Momiji
01-20-2009, 07:48 PM

They don't. It's still my decision. :D

Depression Moon
01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh yes The dark Knight was a great film and a whole long discussion on this film about the possible inclusion Two Face in the next one got me thinking after I saw it for the second time. The film as the last puts the the Dark knight in a realistic perspective with psychological references to myths and everything we all know and experience in our own lives. After my second viewing, I had realized that the film kind of contradicted a couple of its themes. For one the opening sequence with the bank robbery with Joker. Later in the movie Joker emphasizes that he doesn't really care for money all that much and also he's a person that doesn't make plans he just does things on a spur. With that opening sequence, it had to be obvious that Joker went out of his way to obtain that money and also to carefully plan it out as you see he got away in a school bus line. Also it looked like Batman tackled Two-Face off the cliff and after what Nolan said that he considers Two-Face dead, then that means Batman killed him and another scene in that movie and also from Batman Begins focused on the fact that Bruce will never take a life. Yet he just killed Two-Face and it didn't look like an accident. That kind of irked me a bit afterwards. Other than that the film was great.

Bunny
01-21-2009, 12:35 AM
I doubt there will be a third one.

Usually when 'everyone' loves a movie, I make a point of not watching it.

TDK was okay though.

They don't. It's still my decision.

How and/or why did you arrive at this decision?

Levian
01-21-2009, 08:22 AM
I haven't seen:

The Matrix
The Silence of the Lambs
The Exorcist
Alien
The Sixth Sense

and I'll probably never see them either, unless they're shown on a flight or something, as they all sound pretty boring. Not saying I'm not wrong about them, I know I was wrong about Snatch, I just don't care enough to find out if I'm wrong or not. :D

Boney King
01-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Never seen The Godfather, which every critic in the world seems to think is the greatest film ever made. I intend to watch it, but there are so many other films on my "to watch" list that I won't get around to it anytime soon.

Other supposed classics I have never seen:
Casablanca
Citizen Kane
Jaws
Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

It always takes me by surprise when someone says they have never seen any of the Star Wars films. I guess just because they were a big part of my childhood. It seems a lot of people I talk to haven't seen it, and that shocks me.

Miriel
01-22-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm really not sure how much of the Star Wars movies that I've seen. Every once in awhile, I remember catching bits and pieces of it. And I think my Boyfriend made me watch one of the movies in its entirety. I think. I may have fallen asleep watching it. I dunno.

I think it speaks really badly for a movie if you can't even remember if you've seen it the whole way through or not.

Really not interested in watching any more than what I've seen of Star Wars. Can't understand why people like it so much. I haven't seen the Indiana Jones movies either, except the most recent one which I thought sucked.

nik0tine
01-22-2009, 02:03 AM
You are an asshat. Now I am the only one who hasn't seen The Dark Knight.

Jessweeee♪
01-22-2009, 02:14 AM
That just leaves me. :(

Thankxalot, Jez.

You are an asshat. Now I am the only one who hasn't seen The Dark Knight.

Sorry, guys :(

Marshall Banana
01-22-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm really not sure how much of the Star Wars movies that I've seen. Every once in awhile, I remember catching bits and pieces of it. And I think my Boyfriend made me watch one of the movies in its entirety. I think. I may have fallen asleep watching it. I dunno.

I think it speaks really badly for a movie if you can't even remember if you've seen it the whole way through or not.

Really not interested in watching any more than what I've seen of Star Wars. Can't understand why people like it so much. I haven't seen the Indiana Jones movies either, except the most recent one which I thought sucked.
That's what all people say who haven't fully watched the old episodes (or any). In fact, I said the same thing when I was a kid and hadn't fully watched the original trilogy.

scrumples and I might watch the original trilogy together this weekend. You should join us!

Also, Ewoks look just like shih tzus! I think you'll like them!

Shiny
01-22-2009, 03:08 AM
In terms of blockbusters that "everybody and their mammas have seen", I haven't seen Dark Knight, Iron Man and Wall E.

Jiro
01-22-2009, 03:47 AM
I saw The Dark Knight two days ago, I was the only person around here who hadn't.

Namelessfengir
01-22-2009, 03:54 AM
ive never seen any saw and i intend to keep it that way

i havent seen dark knight cuz i dont care i mean there was a lot of hype because heath couldn't get his head out of the role

Crimson
01-22-2009, 09:56 AM
I've never seen it, and I dont plan to either.

I mean, I like Batman as much as the next guy, but the fans are taking it over the top these days.