PDA

View Full Version : Over-Analysis

Yar
01-20-2009, 06:15 AM
I sometimes bring this up with the stuff I watch. Simple errors that have no explanation or are simply wrong. Like right now I'm watching the pilot episode of Futurama. In this episode, Fry falls into the cryogenic freezing tube thingy.

OKAY: This is that type of thing I'm talking about. Fry falls into the tube at 12:00 a.m. on January 1, 2000. The capsule thing sets itself to 1000 years. However, when the timer expires, Fry is let out during the day on December 31, 2999. This would not be 1000 years. It would be slightly less; 999 years, 364 days and a few hours.

Then there's another example from the Simpsons where their chronology dealing with Marge's pregnancy with Bart and Homer and Marge's ages simply do not work out. (Marge being pregnant right out of high school, but Bart being 10 years old and Homer and Marge being in their late 30s).

TOPIC-What are some errors that you've found that bother you to no end? :mad2:

charliepanayi
01-20-2009, 08:03 PM
I always hated a scene in the film Charlies Angels where two kids are seen playing Final Fantasy VIII - since when is Final Fantasy VIII a two player game? XD

Vermachtnis
01-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Actually the Futurama thing is correct. I mean 24 hours times 365 Days times 1000 Years won't drop you off exactly at the same hour. Our clocks aren't exact. Someone explained it to me when I brought up the same complaint once. I'm paraphrasing cause I can't remember all they said. It was all complicated techno babble xD

qwertysaur
01-20-2009, 09:01 PM
In Bleach, the character Kaname Tosen is seen warching security cameras. But he is aso stated numerous times to being blind. Ummm, what?

Namelessfengir
01-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Actually the Futurama thing is correct. I mean 24 hours times 365 Days times 1000 Years won't drop you off exactly at the same hour. Our clocks aren't exact. Someone explained it to me when I brought up the same complaint once. I'm paraphrasing cause I can't remember all they said. It was all complicated techno babble xD

they stated this new year about having to wait a second or two so it would add up after a 1000 years but it shouldn't have been enough to wake up in the middle of the day... it only adds up to about 3 and a half hours

blackmage_nuke
01-21-2009, 07:46 AM
OKAY: This is that type of thing I'm talking about. Fry falls into the tube at 12:00 a.m. on January 1, 2000. The capsule thing sets itself to 1000 years. However, when the timer expires, Fry is let out during the day on December 31, 2999. This would not be 1000 years. It would be slightly less; 999 years, 364 days and a few hours.

Then there's another example from the Simpsons where their chronology dealing with Marge's pregnancy with Bart and Homer and Marge's ages simply do not work out. (Marge being pregnant right out of high school, but Bart being 10 years old and Homer and Marge being in their late 30s).

The world began spinning slower. Its totally possible considering all the other stuff that's happened.

Also there's another episode where they said they were lying and didn't have Bart or get married until after Marge went to college in the 90s. It was one of the newer episodes. The episode is called "That 90's Show" I thought it was a hilarious retrospective. Hopefully your not one of those "Oh the Simpsons is dead its been going on for too long they should just kill it" people. True there was a bit of a low point before but they've gotten a lot better and still gives me many laughs.

Levian
01-21-2009, 08:50 AM
Yesterday I was watching a Friends episode, the one with Joey's New Brain. Phoebe and Rachel were arguing over who gets to date a cute guy who lost his cell phone in Central Perk. They go through his speed dials to see who has more in common with him. Rachel reads the speed dials loud: mom, ben, carlos, david and barney, in that order. and then they conclude that Rachel gets to date him because Rachel has the phone number to Barney's on her phone. Phoebe should be the one to get it though, as David is the name of the love of her life. David the scientist guy.

But the weird thing is, I looked up a script so I would get the names correct in this post, and I looked at two different scripts and the name David was switched with Peter in both of them. I could've sworn I heard her say David, so I rewatched my DVD, and she definitely says David in my DVD.

Not that there's probably not a ton of other mistakes like this in Friends, it's just that I watched this yesterday so it's still fresh in mind.