PDA

View Full Version : permant all luck 7's

Darkswordofchaos
01-22-2009, 02:07 AM
I got my barrett charachter to always have all lucky 7's as long as he's at full health. i was wondering how many other people have been able to acomplish this??

Saber
01-22-2009, 02:29 AM
can we get your level and materia? I've heard of people doing this but I haven't ever seen it with my own eyes.

Darkswordofchaos
01-22-2009, 02:37 AM
ok here it is
Barrett Lv. 93
Vitallity 91
Materia: HP plus lv.4, contain, ultima, bahamut, phoenix, shield, full cure. this is all of the HP altering materia he has u can swap them out for others as long as the stat changes are the same.

Saber
01-22-2009, 03:14 AM
cool I'll have to give it a try. It will help with emerald weapon alot although I can kill that beast with plain attacks. usally I do this to get lucky 7's: step 1. Have more then 7777 HP. Step 2. Try to get damaged until your hp is under 7777 like 6000.step 3. cast and put mini status on an enemy. step 4. Have him attack until your last two digits are 77 example, 5977step 5. exit battle and use potions to heal your hp to 7777 Step 6. enter battle and your lucky 7's will be in effect. Cool huh?

Darkswordofchaos
01-22-2009, 03:22 AM
hmm ive never thought of that. It would be a big help for emrald although it dosent seem to help with ruby. i enter with just cloud cast phoenix and let barrett fire away but he dosent die and as soon as its finished he uses whorlsand or whatever its called and takes to characters away very hard battle but i digress.

The Turk
01-22-2009, 11:36 AM
The easiest way to get Lucky 7's against Emerald is to have one character have 1 HP Plus materia leveled up enough so that character has 9999 HP (it is possible that Barret can get 9999 HP without one, but the chances are you don't) and any second materia- this can be Mime or KOTR depending on your strategy.

Then all you have to do is make sure that character is at full health when Emerald uses his Arie Tam Storm attack Arie Tam (is Materia backwards) and does 1111 HP damage for every materia you have so your character who has two will lose 2222 HP....sending them into Lucky 7 Rage.

Another popular way is Chocobuckle- run away from 2222 fights (isn't that hard I think) and then assuming your HP is 9999 you can enter Lucky 7's whenever you want. If your HP isn't max and you don't want to use HP plus materia (maybe you're doing a certain challenge that forbids you using support materia) then just run away from a few more battles.

Also since the amount of HP your characters can gain from each level isn't set in stone there is no materia combination that will guarantee you 7777 HP.

Darkswordofchaos
01-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Also since the amount of HP your characters can gain from each level isn't set in stone there is no materia combination that will guarantee you 7777 HP.

Yeah thats true i got this purley by accident i wasent going for it or any thing but thats my stats and i have all lucky 7s all the time

The Turk
01-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Cool. Must be awesome going into a fight with Lucky 7 kicking in from the very start.

Have you tried leveling up Barret once more to see if you can adjust your materia to give him 7777 still?

Saber
01-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Cool. Must be awesome going into a fight with Lucky 7 kicking in from the very start.

Have you tried leveling up Barret once more to see if you can adjust your materia to give him 7777 still?

I'm sure if you could get one of your characters to have lucky 7's at level 99 it would be on the web somewhere. Also I thought the stats were rock solid at level up. My cloud always ended up with the same mx mp regardless of what I did. What changes it?

The Turk
01-23-2009, 01:21 AM
I think for the stats such as luck, spirit, power etc they randomly increase when leveling up. You could win one battle and get +2 on every stat and then load your game and try again only to get +1 on all or some. It's pretty random and very frustrating if you want to naturally max out all your stats.

I think the same thing happens for HP and MP when leveling up. I know Barret can reach 9999 HP at level 99 without a HP plus materia but leveling him up to Level 99 is now guarantee that he will.

Also I think Cloud's stats at the very beginning before any fight can vary from game to game. That's why there isn't a dead-set way to send Cloud into Lucky 7's just by equipping this and that Materia as every body's level 99 Cloud's will likely vary in someway.

I might replay the start of the game again just to see if what I just wrote is true or not lol.

Darkswordofchaos
01-23-2009, 05:56 PM

Yes and the answer is no. So whenever im traing somebody else or exploring i kill barrett so he wont gain experince.

TheSpoonyBard
01-23-2009, 06:24 PM
I have [a chart (http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h167/xendlesstwilightx/hpchart4db.jpg)] that shows the percentage needed to reach 7,777 at various HP levels. Obviously it doesn't cover every possible value, but it gives a good indication of how much materia you need to equip.

Darkswordofchaos
01-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I have [a chart (http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h167/xendlesstwilightx/hpchart4db.jpg)] that shows the percentage needed to reach 7,777 at various HP levels. Obviously it doesn't cover every possible value, but it gives a good indication of how much materia you need to equip.

That is a ver usful chart i am going to try to get all my characters to 7777HP now :D