PDA

View Full Version : Delete my memory please!

trancekuja
01-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Let's say you've encountered some sort of magical being who offered you to erase one Final Fantasy game (which you finished) from your memory so that you can enjoy playing it for the first time. The "some sort of magical being" asks you a question : Dear child , which FF will it be?
You are answering : Weird creature , it shall be FF______!

Which one did you choose?

( I couldn't force myself to choose one:cry:... so I respectfully declined bastard's kind offer and was banished to hell:radred:)

scrumpleberry
01-22-2009, 10:57 PM
IX, although I still haven't finished it yet. Probably IV then...

Jessweeee♪
01-22-2009, 11:07 PM
hmmm...probably FFVII, because I was spoiled about you-know-what before it happened. I'd say FFX, but my memories of FFX-2 would make it all pointless.

Tavrobel
01-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Do what he says, Naminé!

I choose FFX-2. Then I will never go back to play it.

Miriel
01-22-2009, 11:09 PM
*throws the thread into General Final Fantasy*

I'd choose FFVII if I had to choose at all. But otherwise, I doubt any of the games would have the same appeal they had 10 years ago, even if I were playing them for the first time.

trancekuja
01-22-2009, 11:27 PM
*throws the thread into General Final Fantasy*

Hey it's rude to throw other people's threads like that!;) hehe, sorry , this is definitely general final fantasy:)

Rocket Edge
01-22-2009, 11:37 PM
VIII is unquestionably my favourite, but If I were to erase it from my memory I would worry if it would have the same impact again. I'll go with X.

The Turk
01-22-2009, 11:47 PM
I already had VIII and X spoiled for me, but I just don't like them games anyway.

VII for me. I'd LOVE to forget about it's plot and have often wanted my memory wiped so I can enjoy this again. I'm trying to get my little cousin to play it so I can watch his reactions to the story as that would almost be as good as playing it for the first time again.

Saber
01-23-2009, 12:32 AM
I'd have to say FF8. I like my memories to all the others but 8 was one were I loved it s muchevery scene when I first played it. Now its narrowed down to three or four. So yeah I pick FF8.

Unstoppable Pig
01-23-2009, 11:05 AM
VII or VI.

I have played most FF spoiled, my friend always told me what happened since I had no access to play FF games but later I got chance to play these games and I was pissed sometimes.

IV was first I completed and luckily my friend never beat Magus Sisters so after that I didnt know what is going to happen.

I guess I choose VII.Although then I would search whole internet how to resurrect that girl who happened to be at same place where Sephiroth decided to put his sword.

The Man
01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
VI probably, but then, it was really my first RPG for like fifteen years, so it's entirely possible that some of the novelty would be lost on me if I were to replay it 'for the first time'. I'd probably say Chrono Trigger actually; does that count?

Jiro
01-23-2009, 12:36 PM
I'd have to say X, because it's the most tedious for me to replay. The others I enjoy quite substantially for longer.

Roogle
01-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Maybe Final Fantasy IV? It would have been nice to play the game on the Nintendo DS with no knowledge whatsoever about what lied ahead.

Darkswordofchaos
01-23-2009, 07:35 PM
I would say FFVII but i wounder if i would enjoy it as much no 2009 when game graphics look better that real life and every game has voice overs.

Zazbox
01-25-2009, 05:35 AM
FF8 definitely,
it was my first FF and i would love to relive that moment :choc:

01-25-2009, 05:51 AM
I'd go with VIII. The other games fall into one of two categories: games I have fond memories of that I wouldn't want erased, and games I don't like. VIII is the only one that falls on the side of "I don't care about my memories of it and I don't want to play it again, but it's ok enough to be worth playing had I not already finished it."

Highwind256
01-26-2009, 02:16 AM
FF8 because it is the Final Fantasy that I would love to learn the story again from the beginning

Brennan
01-26-2009, 02:33 AM
I'd say FF9, it is my favorite playstation FF, and it's my second fav FF (FFX is my fav)

Wolf Kanno
01-26-2009, 10:47 PM
I generally always find something fresh and interesting from all the FFs (except one :shifty:) so each time I play them I always see and experience something new so I can't say this magical being could help me.

I definetly wouldn't want to have VII removed cause then I might accept the Compilation as good; despite it being terribly written but I wouldn't know cause I could not remember how the original game was.

I might ask it to wipe out my memory of Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Xenogears so I can enjoy these games once again and make comments on how these 10+ year old relics are still better than most modern RPG fare. But I already do that anyway ;)