PDA

View Full Version : Buying Used Games "smoke free home"

ShadowNINku
01-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Does it make a difference if I buy a used game from a "smoke free home" I don't think that cd's dvd's and blu-ray discs are damaged by a smoky home.
Is the paper, manual damaged by a smoky home.
?

Shoeberto
01-23-2009, 02:19 AM
I've never known any way that it damages games. Possibly it could get particles into a game console's vents, but no more than regular dust would.

I think for the most part they're just saying it won't stink like that stale cigarette smell you get in a smoker's house, basically. For some people and some items that's a turn off.

Darkswordofchaos
01-23-2009, 06:17 PM
It seems to me that the smoke could Might damage older cartrige game (N64, SNES, Ect.) but i doubt it would hurt a CD. It can also cuse the manual's paper to "yellow" faster but i geuss that would only matter to a Super Hard Core collecter.

Flying Mullet
01-23-2009, 06:25 PM
It seems to me that the smoke could Might damage older cartrige game (N64, SNES, Ect.) but i doubt it would hurt a CD. It can also cuse the manual's paper to "yellow" faster but i geuss that would only matter to a Super Hard Core collecter.
Agreed. The plastic on systems and cartridges might be affected by the smoke, but DVDs and CDs shouldn't. Sometimes people put those statements on eBay hoping it will help the item sell a little better.

Old Manus
01-23-2009, 06:51 PM
It's a known fact that when you play a copy of MGS from a smoking household, you get to equip the Infinite ammo cigarettes which give you infinite ammo, plus you look like a badass motherfucker killing grues with a cigarette in your mouth. Snake also quips witty one-liners after every kill.

Bastian
01-23-2009, 08:31 PM
I HATE it when I buy stuff (especially books) from eBay and it reeks of smoking. Ugh. I DO only buy "smoke free home" stuff these days.

Darkswordofchaos
01-24-2009, 04:42 PM
It's a known fact that when you play a copy of MGS from a smoking household, you get to equip the Infinite ammo cigarettes which give you infinite ammo, plus you look like a badass mothersmurfer killing grues with a cigarette in your mouth. Snake also quips witty one-liners after every kill.

lol thats hillarious

ShadowNINku
01-25-2009, 06:35 PM
I HATE it when I buy stuff (especially books) from eBay and it reeks of smoking. Ugh. I DO only buy "smoke free home" stuff these days.

so if it matters to some people then the sellers who list as "smoke free" have a point and it's actually important info, thanks

Yar
01-25-2009, 06:41 PM
People don't know how destructive to things in your home smoking can be. I used to work at a restoration business. Even if the item looks fine, when you clean it, you can wipe off a visible layer of nicotine. You can tell if it's nicotine because it will be a burnt orange color.

And to think people put this into their lungs.