PDA

View Full Version : *throws his computer into a wood-chipper*

musashius
12-08-2001, 04:45 PM
<font color="#DBDBDB">Okay, everytime, no matter how many times I reboot, my IE will fail to load forums properly. That's any forums. I've tried everywhere, and no matter what, forums will only load half-way unless I refresh. It says that it's "Done, with errors."

Can someone please help me out?

Sometimes, when I just click something, my IE performs an illegal operation and shuts down.

Dr Unne
12-08-2001, 05:23 PM
IE's screwy. What sorts of errors does it give? If you double-click the little message on the bar at the bottom it'll tell you specifically what the error was. It's probably a bunch of Javascript errors. Everyone gets those here at EoFF. The banner code has some bugs in it.

Squally Leonharty
12-08-2001, 07:06 PM
Have you already re-installed IE? If not, do it then. That might fix the problem. If so, then, umm... We'll see then.

crono_logical
12-10-2001, 08:48 AM
Easy option - don't use IE, use Opera instead, it loads faster and other stuff :D

Squally Leonharty
12-10-2001, 11:29 AM
Opera might load fast, it doesn't show fonts properly and sometimes messes up tables and other things. It happens a lot when browsing through sites with an iframe. :p *huggles IE* IE is the best. :D

crono_logical
12-11-2001, 09:34 AM
Heh, I hadn't really noticed :p

Acmlm
12-11-2001, 03:27 PM
I have yet to try Opera ... but I'm just fine with Internet Explorer 6.0 :) (and that's coming from someone whose favorite browser used to be Netscape :D)

Squally Leonharty
12-11-2001, 04:07 PM
I've got IE 6.0 too. It was already installed when I installed Windows XP. :p :D