PDA

View Full Version : Hardest boss in the game

Darkswordofchaos
01-23-2009, 07:22 PM
What do you think is the hardest boss in the game??(not counting Emerald or Ruby)

My Vote goes for the Demon wall in the Temple of the Ancients

FFIX Choco Boy
01-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Materia Keeper, definately. Carry Armor is a close second.

Elly
01-23-2009, 09:09 PM
none of them, i never understood how people can have a problem with any boss in the game when i plow through them all with mostly physical attacks, all ya gotta do is actualy level up the characters to stand a chance and everything else is cake... except for Emerald and Ruby, no matter what the level they are still tough...

trancekuja
01-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Since I'm a type of player who will spend many,many hours exploring everything before proceeding with the story and do the extra leveling up , I'm usually stronger then the bosses to come so I'm not quite sure which of them are the toughest...

Flying Mullet
01-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Since I always want Vincent when I first pass through Neibelheim, Lost Number's always a pain for me.

The Turk
01-23-2009, 10:53 PM
See in my opinion you should never be leveling up. I always hear people on boards say "This game was too easy. I beat Sephiroth in 5 minutes. I was at level 99" Well no wonder it was easy if you leveled up so much.

As for the hardest boss in the game, I have a few;

Materia Keeper- No matter what level I'm on I always find this guy to be rather tough. The first time I played VII I couldn't beat him and decided to restart the game.

Also Lost Number, Carry Armour and Rapps (no Materia!) can be tough. On my last play-through I was doing an Enemy Skill only challenge and the hardest boss was Bottomswell. I am now doing another ESO play-through, but this time running away from every fight and I think Dyne will be impossible.

Lastly I used to HATE Gi Nattack.....then I found the Phoenix Down trick. Boy did I feel stupid.

Darkswordofchaos
01-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Lastly I used to HATE Gi Nattack.....then I found the Phoenix Down trick. Boy did I feel stupid.

Lol yeah the first time i played he was a bitch to beat then i found out about the healling items one x-potion=dead

Sephiroth
01-24-2009, 01:51 AM
That would be:

I. Demon's Gate
II. Carry Armor
III. Materia Keeper
IV. Schizo
V. Hojo

Saber
01-24-2009, 01:52 AM
I think that two headed dragon on the mountain was hard. He's half fire half ice. Without proper junction he can be a pita.

Dr. Acula
01-24-2009, 03:05 AM
Demon Wall's the only boss I ever seem to have trouble with.

qwertysaur
01-24-2009, 03:11 AM
In each FF where they appear, I never have any trouble with Demon Walls. =/

Materia Keeper was a nightmare for me the first time I fought it. I was so happy when it died.

Momiji
01-24-2009, 05:03 AM
I remember that Materia Keeper gave me a lot of problems, and Sephiroth's mega-cheap Supernova always got me when I was underleveled, sans Omnislash. Once I got that and leveled up a bit, he was a pushover.

Highwind256
01-25-2009, 04:48 AM
Gotta go with the Demon Wall in the Temple of the Ancients because it always seems to give me a tough time

Big D
01-25-2009, 06:22 AM
Carry Armour really gave me grief the first time I played. Even more than Demon Wall. Neither's much of a problem now, though. Lost Number's a bit challenging since I like to race through early in the game, picking up Vincent on the fly.

Ifalna
01-25-2009, 06:11 PM
My vote`s for the Demon Gate and Hojo

Zeromus_X
01-26-2009, 01:05 AM
I guess Demon Wall...my FFVII memory's pretty fuzzy though.

RedPouch
01-31-2009, 02:34 AM
Unfortunately, the only challenge I ever did have was the Emerald weapon without Knights of the Round and doing so under the 20 minute time limit [I know we're not really supposed to mention that, but I have to be honest].

That aside, I'd have to say Hojo was the most difficult. He wasn't necessarily "hard", but the fight seemed to go on and on. It was definitely the most lengthy storyline fight in the game. As for difficulty, they all seemed to be on the same difficulty of "moderately challenging". I don't remember ever wiping to a boss in that game.

Meat Puppet
01-31-2009, 03:08 AM
I’m not trying to be a dick when I tell you that I struggled the most with the guard scorpion.

NeoCracker
01-31-2009, 03:18 AM
Easily Cary Armor. :p

Materia Keeper is a bit of a pain, but meh, nothing to bad. Same with Demon Wall.

Goldenboko
01-31-2009, 04:42 AM
I’m not trying to be a dick when I tell you that I struggled the most with the guard scorpion.

Attack while the tail is up!

Vermachtnis
01-31-2009, 04:50 AM
That two headed dragon you fight in the Northern Cavern. I always have a problem with him.

Saber
01-31-2009, 05:19 AM
Reno use to get me everytime. I use to not have a memory card and thought the game could be beat with a little burn time on my ps1 (like super mario bros 3) I would get to reno in one sitting and he'd cast these pyramids on me. I didn't know you could break them so I got game over everytime.

Finally with a memory card, I got to bottomwells which puts magical bubble around you. I found out how to kill those and fast. So no problem there. Next was lost number!! He would either beat me senceless or cast me dead. I found choco and Mog worked great on him so I took advantage. When I was done I healed up and hiked over to the materia keeper.

Sometimes I have a real problem killing this guy. If you've been running through the game chances are you'll start here to level up. After getting all my limits ready, Ifrit and fire materia off, and enemy skill on, I tackled the beast. Again though I found myself in a tight spot... remember this is my memories on the first time I played.

The demon wall guy came and smashed me with some strong spells. I had to level up in a little room and fight these guys who used ice 2 a lot. Well surely enough I beat him with all my limit breaks full before the fight. Now everything else was a breeze. Schizo is my previously chosen of hardest boss. I walked into the fight unprepared. I had fire all Ice all ifrit shiva and just got pwned. Now and days when I play I have a fire armlet and ice- elemental in my armor slots. but damn you schizo.

The last hard boss I fought was Carry armor. After learning lightning 3 ramuh trine limit breaks this guy still wouldn't stop piking me up and beating me against his head. I hate it, I hate it a lot.

DarkMateria
02-02-2009, 05:53 PM
It took me two years to get past guard scorpion and a couple months to get past air buster.:(

I was only 8 at the time though, so I guess its excusable.

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Its really hard for me to admit when I die in games like VI-VIII or X. I've always felt these games were pretty easy, so usually when you die its cause you made some fatal mistake that could have been easily prevented. So basically its all human error and has little to do with the boss being difficult.

I died 3 times my first time through VII. Once each disc. In the first, I lost to Missing Number cause I was completely unprepared and my usual habit of never using magic caused my downfall.

In the second disc, I lost to Carry Armor. He grabbed my two party members and killed my third character cause I generally refuse to use items after a certain point in the game and CA had a hold of my healer.

In the third disc, I lost to Sephiroth cause frankly I didn't really try and was basically just sitting back and seeing what he could do. When I realized how close I was to getting knocked off, I tried to save myself but got taken out cause I waited too long. My rematch with him was as one sided as a fist fight with a paraplegic baby.

I don't even remember the Demon Wall or Materia Keeper in this game... :eep:

Super Sepiroth
02-02-2009, 08:07 PM
When i was about 9 i used to have trouble with Rufus because i didn't know i could re-equip Cloud after the fight in the Elevator.

Then the next one i'd have trouble with is Gi Natak (before i realised you could use the x potion) Lost Number and Materia Keeper, then Godo and Demon Wall (I hated leveling up, i found it boring lol)

The rest of the bosses after that never gave me a huge ammount of difficulty

02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Demon Gate or Materia Keeper.

I beat ones like Gi Nattak, Rapps, Godo, Lots Number and Carry Armour on my first time.

Carl the Llama
02-02-2009, 09:23 PM
In each FF where they appear, I never have any trouble with Demon Walls. =/

Materia Keeper was a nightmare for me the first time I fought it. I was so happy when it died.

Really? I'm supprised, untill I read about it on here I never knew people had trouble with the MK, in fact I was always worried about killing him before he used trine on me lol

Demon wall on the other had... ill always remember my first fight with him most of my characters had about 750 health, needless to say I got my ass handed to me.

TEDDYRAY
02-03-2009, 05:07 AM
That two headed dragon you fight in the Northern Cavern. I always have a problem with him.

That was really my first tuff "BOSS" too.

"Demon Wall" a real setback to advancement...

escobert
02-03-2009, 05:32 AM
Demon Wall's the only boss I ever seem to have trouble with.

Same here.

フランズ
02-11-2009, 03:41 AM
a boss at end of first disc is sooo difficult to me!

Brandless Goods
02-11-2009, 03:46 AM
That guy in the underwater reactor? My first time through I had a really hard time with him. I think I got lucky with Cloud's limit break and was able to defeat him finally.

Chencheya
02-11-2009, 04:31 AM
The Demon Wall in the Temple of the Ancients, oh boy, was he hard to beat the first time I played. Also, the big boss spirit of the... Gi, was it? At Cosmo Canyon. He was hard too.

Levian
02-11-2009, 07:27 PM
I replayed FFVII last year, and maybe it was just me being cocky, but that two headed dragon on Gaea's Cliff actually managed to kill me. :mad2: I didn't remember him being that bad.

On my first play through I ran into worlds of trouble multiple times though. Demongate, Rapps, Materia Keeper, Carry Armour, Ruby Weapon

Aerith's Knight
02-11-2009, 07:37 PM
The Demon Wall in the Temple of the Ancients, oh boy, was he hard to beat the first time I played. Also, the big boss spirit of the... Gi, was it? At Cosmo Canyon. He was hard too.

Just throw phoenix downs at him(or cure items, I can't remember).

Anywho, first time Demon wall was the worst, second time the flying boss from Wutai when you lose all your materia.

Dreddz
02-14-2009, 05:10 PM
I always have the most trouble with Lost Number. Only because I refuse to leave the mansion until I have Odin, and I'm always underleveled when I face him. Then again, no boss in FFVII is that difficult if you've been through the game multiple times.

DarkBahamut
03-08-2009, 06:35 PM
The first time I fought Rapps (the first time I played) I didn't know about Wutai... I just walked into the village and yuffie took all my crap and I was like WTF?!?!??! I did the whole quest, and killed Rapps in 2 hits. Red XIII normal physical attack, I believe 3800-8600, then Cid's limit break and Rapps died. This was all in Disc 2, lol
but then I faced him in disc 1 the next time I played and Rapps fricking pwned me with Aero3!

Big D
03-08-2009, 07:03 PM
I always have the most trouble with Lost Number. Only because I refuse to leave the mansion until I have Odin, and I'm always underleveled when I face him. Then again, no boss in FFVII is that difficult if you've been through the game multiple times.Seal Evil is the biggest help for fighting Lost Number at low levels:)

rubah
03-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm not sure, but I think I had trouble with proud clod one time xD

Rantz
03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Lost Number is the only one I can recall giving me any trouble at all.

DJKingDavid
03-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I cant believe that no one has named RUBY…I killed everything in VII no sweat…demon wall was a joke…materia keeper was weak…last boss was insanely easy…but I struggled on RUBY forever…I probably died over 100 times…even with ribbon…I eventually got a lucky roll and he couldn’t break my combo…hardest boss on VII by far IMO…what do yall think?!:confused::)

Darkswordofchaos
03-25-2009, 06:38 PM

Just throw phoenix downs at him(or cure items, I can't remember).

Anywho, first time Demon wall was the worst, second time the flying boss from Wutai when you lose all your materia.

Use x potion pheonix down only does 9999 damage x potion does full damage it think but it could be the other way around

I cant believe that no one has named RUBY…I killed everything in VII no sweat…demon wall was a joke…materia keeper was weak…last boss was insanely easy…but I struggled on RUBY forever…I probably died over 100 times…even with ribbon…I eventually got a lucky roll and he couldn’t break my combo…hardest boss on VII by far IMO…what do yall think?!:confused::)

The very first post say besides ruby and emrald wepons cause of course there the hardest

DJKingDavid
03-26-2009, 05:36 AM
lol i missed that...my mistake...:p

KH-Cloudy
03-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Hmm..I got lucky at demon wall because by then, I already had omnislash. And my cloud already had his limits(I'm cheap, whenever my character has their limit I won't use it, and I'll skip his turn or use magic or run away)

Materia keeper was easy too, because of ^.

Jiro
03-26-2009, 10:02 AM
In my first playthrough, Materia Keeper decimated me. Rapps and Lost Number are also tough sometimes.

Negative
03-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Ruby Weapon..........almost impossible to beat without KoR

DarkBahamut
03-26-2009, 03:13 PM
first post says hardest boss besides ruby and emerald.

The Turk
03-26-2009, 03:33 PM

I've seen someone beat it just using Coin and with a level 7 Tifa only.

Darkswordofchaos
03-26-2009, 06:49 PM

Actually KoR make ruby even harder because 9 times our of 10 he imediatly retaliates with quicksand twice and that knocks your party down to one. I think the best sumon is bahamut zero because it by-passes rubys godly defense stat.

Negative
03-27-2009, 09:09 AM

Actually KoR make ruby even harder because 9 times our of 10 he imediatly retaliates with quicksand twice and that knocks your party down to one. I think the best sumon is bahamut zero because it by-passes rubys godly defense stat.

Well peronally when i bet him with KoR he just cointered with ultima all times. Then i could heal up easily.

Well this is just a personal experience

Darkswordofchaos
03-27-2009, 05:59 PM

Well peronally when i bet him with KoR he just cointered with ultima all times. Then i could heal up easily.

Well this is just a personal experience

damn every time i've faught him he qaunterd with quicksand

Heath
04-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Carry Armour is just plain irritating first time around. As is Materia Keeper, though I got much more grief from FFIV's Demon Wall than FFVII's.

Blackjack
04-15-2009, 04:20 AM
I found none of the bosses really difficult but Carry Armour can just be annoying, especially when it picks up 2 of your party members.

Shadowdust
04-15-2009, 05:57 AM
My first time through it was definitely Materia Keeper for disc one. I can't think of who it was on disc two. Definitely on disc three it was the Safer Sephiroth. I died repeatedly against him due to my inexperience. Mainly, I didn't have Omnislash or Knights of the Round and I didn't realize that Finishing Touch was less powerful than Meteorain. So yeah, I died three times against him.

Negative
04-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Yeah the only 'boss' i lost to was Carry Armour

Safer_Sephiroth
04-25-2009, 02:10 AM
Demons Gate is good becaus it forces players to pull there socks up and level up to beat him. I fyou don't have enough levels all you gotta do is go to the little man. Getting to Demons Gate and not being able to kill him made me love the game so much i started getting excited about the story and it took me about a month to kill him, before that i was sort of going through the motions. It was another factor in why Final Fantasy is such a good game.

VeloZer0
04-26-2009, 04:16 AM
The boss that always gives me the most trouble is always Schizo (two headed dragon at start of disk two). My first time through I died a few times to him, and every subsequent playthrough I have to pay far more attention to him than any other boss. (seems that he just deals way more damage than other bosses, which requires a more conservative style of play than I usualy go with.)

joerevs300
05-17-2009, 12:58 AM
One thing (guessing here) a lot of people are missing about Demon's Gate/Wall is this:

- If you get Yuffie through the sidequest, you're going to have the "Throw" command. Now, if you are like me and don't use all the characters, what do you do with the weapons you AREN'T using? That's right: Turn them into projectiles!

Might surprise you to know that the Powersoul you pick up at Mt. Nibel does 2300 throw damage to that Wall, only 500 less than the BAHAMUT SUMMON does!

So for me, it took 3 rounds and he was dead.

- First Round: Big Guard, Throw, Beta
- Second Round: Bahamut, Beta, Throw
- Final Round: Aqualung, Attack, Throw

Some other items you could throw:
- Any of Cid's spears
- Any of Red XIII pins
- Any of Yuffie's lower level weapons

I noticed Schizo mentioned a few times, just beat him as well today.

- Big Guard=HUGE help in this fight
- Aqualung: Hits for nearly 2000 a cast
- Bahamut: Hits for 2000-2500 a summon
- Beta: Slight less, around the 1500 mark
- Comet: Another one in the low 1000's

Again, as in a lot of these battles, having a Limit Break ready (Cloud's Meteorain, Barret's Satellite Beam) is also a huge help.

Finally, a COOL trick I just learned today...If you combine a "Regen" with the "Big Guard" (which also casts Haste) you have a MEGA fast HP refill that only pauses when you are performing actions. And it's a LOT cheaper on HP then just using Cure 2 or 3!

There are some regular enemies in this game that will own you more then some of the bosses ever could (try stealing the Gold Armlet's on Mt. Nibel being underprepared, and get hit with a near 900 Flame Thrower and you'll see what I mean...LOL)

RedPouch
05-17-2009, 02:41 AM
I don't even remember any of these bosses... I'm only assuming that I didn't really have any trouble with them since I can't remember them. The only reason why I can remember Hojo is because he seemed to take a long time to die, but he still wasn't very hard at all. I do remember that I never once used Yuffie though. I think I do recall almost dying to that dragon thing, now that I think about it. It had two heads didn't it? I know it's on some dungeon with those Tonberry monsters. I can't remember the name, though...

Sephiroth
05-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Let's see here...

In my opinion the hardest bosses are:

Demon Gate (Temple of the Ancient's, Exit)

Tough guy when you are not leveled or don't have the proper equipment. His "Hole In" or "Demon Crush" is not that bad and his defense and magic defense are great. I can only say "Hello Bahamut and LIMIT Breaks".

Materia Keeper (Mount Nibel)

Same here. He's quite hard and partly combo attacker. Also his "Trine" and "Big Horn" are strong enough to knock you out. And of course it's a bit tricky, cause of his elemental resistance when you got Vincent before and you use the first time "Galian Beast" against him or elemental materia itself>_>

Carry Armor (Underwater Mako Reactor)

Tough guy as long as he can use "Lapis Laser" and because of his arms. But not that difficult when you continuesly use bolt attacks.

Life Form Hojo N (Sister Ray)

Bad JENOVA mutation. You don't have ribbons, remedies, esuna, withstand, white wind, et cetera? Bad idea. But most of the time you do have some of these abilities and/or items.

Masamunemaster
05-20-2009, 06:52 AM

well the prob with it is that its the first boss and usually gets fought when your new to the game and after a few play throughs you can have your limits up right as you go in

VeloZer0
05-20-2009, 02:25 PM
"Look out: Attack while his tail's up"
"and he will counterattack with his laser"

I remember I told my brother that the first line meant he had to attack while the tail was up, and the second line was on a different topic.
He had a lot of trouble with that boss....
Serves him right for playing the game I saved up for months to buy.

Belugn
06-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Materia Keeper, but that's because Vincent went crazy as usualy with his Limit break and kept healing it with his fire abillities. I never actually died on it though, so I guess Carry Armour and Schizo were my biggest banes, but it usually had to do with me being a sucky healer, I beat them both right after on my second try with better materia strategies. But I still say Materia Keeper because it's probably been the longest fight for me so far. Oh and Jenova kicked my ass after Aerith's death, but it was easily fixed the second time when equipping that water absorbing ring/armour whatever haha.

G13
06-21-2009, 10:35 AM
The first time I played I had a really tough time with Diamond Weapon.

ReloadPsi
06-22-2009, 01:17 PM

4x-Cut, my entire supply of Hero Drinks, Final-Attack+Revive, Counter-Magic+Cure. That's all I use to defeat Ruby.

My first time playing through the game, I got stuck at the Materia Keeper for quite some time for some reason. Afterwards, it's always been Schizo I've found tough on each play, usually because I couldn't be bothered to tweak my elemental defenses. And especially on that one time I did an Initial Equipment/Initial Materia game. Ouchies!

Elly
06-22-2009, 02:04 PM
funny, with Materia Keeper my problem is keeping him alive long enough to use his Enemy Skill on me, last time i faught it i had to stand there for like 20+ rounds just taking hits from him waiting on him to use his ES on me cause he wouldda died in 4 hits had i actualy attacked... i don't get how ppl seem to have problems with certain bosses (Materia Keeper, Demon Wall, ect...) that die easily from a few physical attacks, especialy if you go into the fight with Full Limit Bars... now Ruby and Emerald those were truly hard bosses no matter what the characters stats and lvls are, almost too hard, since going in swinging is not a viable option...

daggertrepe
06-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Not including the weapons, demon's gate is the hardest.

^OmegaShot^
06-24-2009, 04:35 PM
same as belugn....afer u use vincents limit brake :D....BUT! ruby weapon is hardest of all the time LOL. the demons gate is hard if you do not use haste to all

^OmegaShot^
06-24-2009, 05:52 PM
emerald weapon is very easy if you use KOTR and counter+mime :bounce:

blackmage_nuke
06-25-2009, 04:26 AM
Demon Wall was annoying but the only problem with Materia Keeper was waiting for it to cast Trine

ReloadPsi
06-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Demon Wall was annoying but the only problem with Materia Keeper was waiting for it to cast Trine

Godo's a pain for that too, being the only way to get it onto the fourth Enemy Skill because I care about that for some reason =/

Traxis
06-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Honestly, I was like 2-3 levels over what I should be (or so many guides have said) And I beat all of the bosses easily, except Emerald Weapon, Ruby Weapon, and the last 3 sephiroths (because I havent beaten the crater, I quit when I realized I had no HP absorb)

If I had to choose, I would probably say Lost Number, its overpowered, and if you don't know what you are doing it owns you.

chrcoluk
07-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Hi guys and girls.

Everytime i play the game I find most bossess too easy and I have actually modded my game to make the bosses harder now (pc version).

When I first played the game, the bosses that I think gave me trouble were.

materia keeper.
midgar zolom (if count as boss).
dyne
lost number
motor ball
safer sephiroth

funny enough I think I never did the yuffie storyline when first playing the game.

My thoughts are this, compared to other ff games even the joker final fantasy mystic quest this game is easy. Demons gate has never been tough for me, and once you get past disc one with the exception of the 2 big optional weapons and safer seph the game gets alot easier. I would say the main reason I had trouble with those bosses on my first game play was a combination of surprise ie. I didnt know what attacks to expect so things like been turned into a confused frog against safer seph killed me and under levelling. I am gobsmacked someone said they only had 750hp at the point where they exiting temple of ancients. I usually have around 800hp in between leaving the chocobo ranch area and entering junon. Even if I did no levelling up I would be very hard pressed to only have 750hp at the temple of ancients, perhaps running away from battles did it?

Markus. D
07-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Hojo is the only boss I truly had a trifle with.