PDA

View Full Version : Possibly my dumbest topic yet...

hhr1dluv
01-24-2009, 12:58 AM
So, long ago I received a wonderful present...an uncle had given me Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts wrapped in one package. I fell completely in love with both games, and it was great to have them both at once. They were just great games to play in rapid succession. I also just have stupidly fond memories of seeing both pretty covers at once and spending hours on my beloved PS2.

Anyway, this experience has led to my wondering what other excellent gift combos exist with Square products. I've come up with a few ideas, and I would like you all to vote on which combinations you would most enjoy giving/receiving.

I know this is a hella weird topic...but that's kinda what I do.:p

Namelessfengir
01-24-2009, 01:12 AM
my choice aint there...

The Turk
01-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Well unless the person you are buying for is a huge fan of the series I and II will look very dated. If they are a huge fan of the series then they should already have it.

III and IV. Not bad I guess. I don't know anything about III as it was never released on a PS console.

V and VI. The problem with this is that it's on a GBA... If you said V and VI's PSone games together then I'd go with that. I didn't even notice the long loading times people moan about. VII is equally slow.

FF X and Kingdom Hearts. Meh to both of them.

FXII and KHII. No! XIII is bad and I don't care about the KH characters.

FF CC and Tactics. Tactics is great, but CC well...it tries it's best to ruin the plot of VII. Swap CC with any good PSP game, FF or not, and this could be your winner. If the person you are buying it for hasn't played VII then CC will confuse them. If they have then it's wayward plot will still confuse them and worse make them angry. Avoid it like the plague- or to give an FF simile, avoid it like you'd avoid Emerald Weapon when in the sub.

Chrono Trigger DS & The World Ends With You
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance & Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Revenant Wings -FF XII- & Final Fantasy Tactics A2

I thought I'd group them 3 together because I'd be saying the same thing otherwise and that is- Meh.

The best combination there is VII, VIII and IX by far! First of all it's three games! They are all very good games (yes even VIII) on the system they were created for. None of these three is a naff remake/spin-off/god awful CGI film sequel and all of them are classics and part of the actual series.

Jessweeee♪
01-24-2009, 02:38 AM
I haven't had the chance to play Chrono Trigger, but TWEWY is pretty awesome. I voted 7-9, because most Final Fantasy fans love at least one of the three even if they hate the other two. One freaking awesome game is better than three okay games.

qwertysaur
01-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Best Gift Combo by far would be the Ivalice games. (FFT:PSX/WotL, FFTA, FFTA2, FFXII, FFXII:RW and Vargant Story) If someone who likes RPG's never experienced Ivalice, or only ever played one or two would probably love them. Only downside is there scattered over several systems to play them all.

Another good set to mix and match from is the PSX and PS2 games.
(FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, Chrono Cross, Threads of Fate, KH, KH:ReCoM, KHII, Xenogears, DQVIII) A lot of those games are really affordable now, and all of them have their merits that can outweigh any faults in them. I didn't add the Chronicles and Anthologies ports because the lag makes it a cruel gift =/

Then you get to the DS, which has a great selection amount of Square-Enix Games it can play. GBA games are in Italics.
(FFI & II DoS, FFIII DS, FFIV Advance, FFIV DS, FFV Advance, FF VI Advance, FFTA, FFTA2, FFCC:RoF, KH:CoM, Chrono Trigger DS, TWEWY, Sword of Mana, Children of Mana, DQIV DS, DQ Monsters, and probably some more games I'm forgetting) Easy to play for short periods at a time, affordable, and you can mix and match what you want to give. The DS playing GBA games makes the selection huge.

those are the top three sets that I feel are great for picking out of when giving Square-Enix games. :p

Dr. Acula
01-24-2009, 03:52 AM
I can't choose between the PSX extreme!1! package and the Chrono Trigger DS/The World Ends With You combo.:(

blackmage_nuke
01-26-2009, 03:12 PM
I think there was once a Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy IV package release, that wouldve been brilliant if you switch the IV for a VI

ljkkjlcm9
01-26-2009, 03:46 PM
My three favorite SE games are FFVI, CT, TWEWY. So I'd say the best gift any person could get would be any combination of those games, all 3 would be amazing.

THE JACKEL

Vermachtnis
01-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm gonna go with V and VI Advance. Best ports of those games yet. And the V Advance script is awesome, chock full of pop culture references.

scrumpleberry
01-26-2009, 05:21 PM
VII, VIII, IX. Brilliant variety, about 70% freaking awesome.

Biukin
04-08-2009, 04:07 AM
Yo G Yous Gotta Go Wit Da PSX Extreme Fo Sho :bou::bou::bou::bou: Yea

black orb
04-09-2009, 11:33 PM
>>> A pirate DVD with all the FF isos in it..:D

>>> Now seriously, anything without a KH game would make a great gift..