PDA

View Full Version : God of War III

Darkswordofchaos
01-24-2009, 05:04 PM
So god of war III is supposed to come out some time this year and i cant wait, its going to be uber smurfin great

the AJman
01-24-2009, 05:37 PM
The first two God of War games were just plain awesome, I can't wait to see how great the third one is going to be.

Dreddz
01-25-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm excited but I was getting a Dynasty Warriors vibe from the gameplay footage. Lets hope it doesn't go down that route.

Necronopticous
01-25-2009, 10:14 PM
I can't wait to mash a button and watch the same combo attack animation for ten hours again!

Bunny
01-25-2009, 10:19 PM
I can't wait to mash a button and watch the same combo attack animation for ten hours again!

Oh boy me either!

Croyles
01-25-2009, 11:34 PM

Its repetitive fun, not all thats repetitive is bad :p

Dreddz
01-26-2009, 10:26 AM

You can apply your logic to a million other games so don't even bother going there.

Darkswordofchaos
01-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Any red blooded american (no offence to non americans) should love this game for the shear ammount of violence in it i mean what other game do you get to grab someone by the chest and pelvis and rip them in half???

Bolivar
01-26-2009, 09:46 PM

Welcome to video games.

(can't wait for God of War III either!!!).

Rostum
01-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Sure, it is repetitive. But hey, I still enjoy it! And it's not like any God of War game has gone for very long.

Darkswordofchaos
01-26-2009, 10:04 PM
GoWI was really good GoWII was freaking great so III is gona be smurfin fantastic

Quindiana Jones
01-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Blood: check.
More blood: check.
OTT blood: check.
Cool weapons: check.
Upgradeable: check.
WTF? combos: check.
Magic powers: check.
Nudity: check.
Shouting: check.

All that's left is to get completely :skull::skull::skull::skull:faced and start playing. YES.

Gilghamut
01-27-2009, 06:58 PM
I so can't wait for this game. I didn't play the first God Of War until after it became a greatest hit, I kicked myself for waiting so long. GoWII was so frigging amazing, and the sense of scale the Titans gave off was jaw dropping. Can't wait to see the Titans in the third installment.

Karellen
01-28-2009, 12:41 AM
God of War is a novelty game. I've got a fever and the only prescription is more scripts.

Darkswordofchaos
01-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Blood: check.
More blood: check.
OTT blood: check.
Cool weapons: check.
Upgradeable: check.
WTF? combos: check.
Magic powers: check.
Nudity: check.
Shouting: check.

All that's left is to get completely :skull::skull::skull::skull:faced and start playing. YES.

Hells yeah you cant ask for more than that

Madame Adequate
01-28-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm excited but I was getting a Dynasty Warriors vibe from the gameplay footage. Lets hope it doesn't go down that route.

tbf depends on if we're talking DW3 or DW5.

Depression Moon
01-28-2009, 01:56 AM
I so can't wait for this game. I didn't play the first God Of War until after it became a greatest hit
So did I and I don't believe that it took long to become a GH. I'm looking at you Twilight Princess. I have not yet played II, but I hope that it's better. I probably won't ever play III until at least 5 years from now since I don't have a PS3 and it might take a couple of years before I even get one.

Boney King
01-28-2009, 03:16 AM
I haven't played II yet, but GoW was some of the most fun I've had with a game. I can't wait to buy III when I can afford a PS3.

Darkswordofchaos
01-29-2009, 02:04 AM
You people have to play god of war II its far better than the first one and GoWIII is the second half of GoWII so itll make more since sIf you play it

Dreddz
02-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Gametrailers.com - God of War III - Epic Scale Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45514.html)

I thought it was worth ressurrecting this thread for this new trailer. Its pretty much an extended version of the Spike Awards trailer (which I was quite underwelmed by) but believe me, its worth watching. We get a decent chunk of gameplay here, while it certainly isn't finished (lack of orbs for one) I'm betting this is what the final game will look like. Sure, its not reinventing itself but who cares when it looks this great already.

black orb
02-13-2009, 06:28 PM
>>> They took too long, I was hoping to see God of War 3 for the ps2.
My brother like these games, I was interested about it because of the Greek mythology..

Bolivar
02-13-2009, 08:24 PM
God of War 3 Blowout (http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3172511)

^ 1 Up has a huge blowout, including a history of the series, interviews with the previous directors about the past and future of the series, a 4-page preview of what they've seen so far with pics, the new "Epic Scale" trailer, and an interview with the new director.about many things.

It looks insane, and apparently, according to the previewer especially and the director, they really are reinventing it as something new.

Dreddz
02-13-2009, 08:30 PM
It is definitely a big step for the series but not all has changed. The end of the trailer has the ground turn vertical which apparantly is going to be incorporated fluidly into the game. And you can connect grab moves so you'll be able to leap from enemie to enemie similer to how Kratos leapt from the Cyclops to the bird like thing. All sounds awesome.

I feel bad for doubting this game. Of course it was going to be awesome.

Gilghamut
02-13-2009, 11:07 PM
It's gonna be pretty fun fighting on the bodies of the Titans. It's amazing that this game looks so good, and it might not come out until next March.

Bolivar
02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
I feel bad for doubting this game.

I know.

At first ppl were like "this is a next-gen game?"

Now they're like "Holy crap, THAT'S the game!?"

Darkswordofchaos
02-16-2009, 09:54 PM
That was a pretty awsome trailer. I cant wait for this game