PDA

View Full Version : Miscast

LunarWeaver
01-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Are there any actors in movies or television you feel were miscast for the part? Or maybe even tell who you think would play it better.

I'll open by saying Keanu Reeves in everything. Except maybe Constantine because the character required one facial expression.

Hayden Christensen in the Star Wars prequels :grover: I would have preferred Jamie Bell (who played opposite Hayden in Jumper) to be Anakin. He's not as pretty, true, but Darth Vader never came off as a hottie to begin with.

Katie Holmes in Batman Begins. I don't think she was totally awful, but I also don't think she could compete with the big boys either.

Araciel
01-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Hayden Christensen in the Star Wars prequels :grover: I would have preferred Jamie Bell (who played opposite Hayden in Jumper) to be Anakin. He's not as pretty, true, but Darth Vader never came off as a hottie to begin with.

Katie Holmes in Batman Begins. I don't think she was totally awful, but I also don't think she could compete with the big boys either.

The Hayden Christensen thing is most likely BECAUSE he was pretty though...and tall, since his story was supposed to be a love story (lawl) which admittedly should never take center stage in a SW movie at all, but here we are years later with two piles of fail anyway.

Katie Holmes has always been sucktacular to me.

If you tell me a movie or show, I can probably recast them on the fly xD But I can't think of any specific ones that I'd change off the top of my head.

LunarWeaver
01-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Nobody as pretty as Hayden and Natalie would produce Mark Hamill.

Araciel
01-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Nobody as pretty as Hayden and Natalie would produce Mark Hamill.

It skips a generation lawl...but apparently being a whiny bitch doesn't.

I Don't Need A Name
01-24-2009, 10:25 PM
MARK HAMILL IS A BABE...i mean...*ahem*
yeah, they kinda needed someone who could act to play Anakin. but heyo.

Araciel
01-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Someone who could act to play someone who would become a big half robot with no facial expressions anyway?! lawl

LunarWeaver
01-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Ho ho ho~ Araciel is my new roommate.

Alright, how about this one. Brad Pitt as Achilles in Troy. I think Brad is fine as an actor for many parts, but that was a mess if I may say so.

Araciel
01-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Erm...I thought it was okay... he played it almost like he played Louis in Interview, emotionless on the surface most of the time. Achilles is this killing machine, but Greek stories are known for their ultra-human characters so it was weird but it worked for me somehow... iunno.

LunarWeaver
01-24-2009, 11:01 PM
I see James is gonna make me do all the farm chores around here.

Okay, Heather Graham in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me. Or even Boogie Nights, pick one. They deserved better.

Now I sound like a grumpy old man that hates everything. There's more actors I love than dislike! It's true!

Moon Rabbits
01-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Ewan McGregor in I Love You Phillip Morris. Someone good looking plz.

Oh oh, and the girl who played Ana Lucia in Lost.

Araciel
01-24-2009, 11:59 PM
FARM BOY~~~

What about Winona and Keanu in Dracula?! OMG lawl

LunarWeaver
01-25-2009, 12:09 AM
That is pretty accurate, friend.

How about George Clooney as Batman. That was the opposite of pretty iyam.

Bunny
01-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Neil Patrick Harris should star opposite of Neil Patrick Harris in a movie about Neil Patrick Harris.

That would be every movie ever made in a perfect world.