PDA

View Full Version : Question about traveling in the Oblivion world

darkchrono
01-26-2009, 01:37 AM
I like Oblivion but I am getting quite annoyed with how they make you trek all the way across the country and then they only have one assignment for you and then in order to continue on in your guild process you have to trek clear to another section of the country.

So is there a faster way to travel from town to town in Oblivion rather then by foot? And if so how do we go about doing it?

Sure the country side is nice to look at but I would enjoy not having to go clear across it after every single mission.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-26-2009, 01:38 AM
You can warp to each city through the map. Pull up your menu, go to the map and select any of the gates of the city or any location you have visited before and it will automatically warp you. Note, time will pass proportional to the distance travelled.

Boney King
01-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Also, steal a horse.

Madame Adequate
01-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Purists mod out fast travel :p

Karellen
01-26-2009, 03:02 AM
Purists avoid Oblivion entirely.

Madame Adequate
01-26-2009, 03:29 AM
Touché.

(Though once you apply about two dozen appropriate mods it becomes extremely good.)

darkchrono
01-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys, I warped through the map. Definitely makes it a lot easier.

Now maybe I won't quit playing for three months because I'm not interested in having to travel from Anvil to Chyllendahl (sp) and then immediately have to pick up and travel Lyllewin (sp).