PDA

View Full Version : 7 7s of 7 years and 7 days in FFVII a.k.a.: FF7, or the 7 obsessions

Unus Volatilis Angelus
01-26-2009, 04:06 AM
What is the deal with all the Sevens in Final Fantasy 7/VII? It happens to be the 7th of the series, Tifa's bar is the 'Seventh Heaven', You have great powers if you have 7777 Hp, Invincible with 777 digits in the DMW in Crisis Core, the true story begins seven years ago at Nimbleheim, and after everything occurs in on disc 2 in Midgar, the party waits seven days to wait to go defeat Sephiroth. Any other 7s that I missed? And what is with this obsession with sevens? Is it mere coincidence or did the makers have a Seven Seven Seven Seven Seven Seven Seven break down? And don't tell me you have Seven party members... I am not sure if you do, but this would add more to the 7s.

Oh, I just remembered... Sephiroth I think had a total of seven wings in his "One Winged Angel" form. Six for his lower torso and one for his hand.

Another one I forgot... Sephiroth I think is down in the old Shin-ra Mansion for seven days too.

7,777,777 HP wouldn't be too much to ask for!

Momiji
01-26-2009, 05:00 AM
7's considered to be a lucky number.

Unus Volatilis Angelus
01-26-2009, 05:38 AM
7's considered to be a lucky number.

true, but that should have nothing to do with FFVII... luck is just....

Serapy
01-26-2009, 06:19 AM
There are more in this thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/118156-many-things-where-7-spoilers.html).

One more thing I might add; 7th wonders in CC.

Can`t be coincidences. I think that the whole 7 thing is a symbolism of some sort, such as maybe the whole FF7 itself.

Unus Volatilis Angelus
01-26-2009, 12:46 PM
There are more in this thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/118156-many-things-where-7-spoilers.html).

One more thing I might add; 7th wonders in CC.

Can`t be coincidences. I think that the whole 7 thing is a symbolism of some sort, such as maybe the whole FF7 itself.

I wonder what it clould be though... thanks for bringins that one up.. completely forgot about it even though I just completed Nimbelheim...

Dr. Acula
01-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Tifa was in a coma for seven days, I think.

Unus Volatilis Angelus
01-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Tifa was in a coma for seven days, I think.

Or at least asleep... but yes it was again, seven days. We need answers to this mystery of sevens

Ouch!
01-27-2009, 07:28 AM
My money is on the writers just using seven a lot because it's the seventh game in the series and they just decided to run with it. Perhaps it was also a subconscious decision. When you look at a lot of descriptions written by the same writer in fiction, the writer tends to use the same number(s) repeatedly for varying descriptions (such as J. K. Rowling's obsession with the number twelve).

Unus Volatilis Angelus
01-27-2009, 07:38 AM
My money is on the writers just using seven a lot because it's the seventh game in the series and they just decided to run with it. Perhaps it was also a subconscious decision. When you look at a lot of descriptions written by the same writer in fiction, the writer tends to use the same number(s) repeatedly for varying descriptions (such as J. K. Rowling's obsession with the number twelve).

I do not think some, or most, of this was mere subconscious thinking...

Oh... I just remembered... Sector '7' falls in Midgar... yet another Seven conspiracy

Dr. Acula
01-27-2009, 10:44 PM
I think they just liked the number 7.

Jiro
01-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Oh... I just remembered... Sector '7' falls in Midgar... yet another Seven conspiracy

The Seventh Heaven Bar would most likely be named that because it is a safe place to unwind, in Sector Seven. Coincidence imo.

Serapy
01-28-2009, 12:42 AM
On seven`s related cases, you become quite confident that everything will be fine. You see, people in FF7 rely on the number seven hoping to get good luck. The number seven is not a superpower after all, but people just like to believe in it to feel safer and confident.
They were not 100% guaranteed to get good luck.

I`ll give you one answer. Shera marked the tank number 7, but it ended up making the whole rocket worse. Why? Because Shera expected and thought that the certain tank will end up working just fine due to the fact it had the label 7 on it. If it was another number instead of 7, she would have checked the tank properly. Basically, she believed too much in the number seven.

Also, I think that Aeris`s death may be linked with the fact that the lucky seven being not 100% guaranteed.

The same writers who wrote FF7 also wrote FF8, so why didn`t they put 8s into FF8? Therefore, the 7s have to be linked with the story, not the writers themselves.

Darkswordofchaos
01-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Its cause 1+5+6+7-5+3/4-1*9+1.25=7 duhh

Unus Volatilis Angelus
01-28-2009, 01:57 AM
Its cause 1+5+6+7-5+3/4-1*9+1.25=7 duhh

What does that have to do with anything

FFIX Choco Boy
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
It's true, that's what.

blackmage_nuke
01-28-2009, 10:56 AM
You know it could all just be an inside joke.

Dr. Acula
01-29-2009, 02:40 AM
They probably just put the 7s in there to see how many people would notice.

Saber
01-29-2009, 05:04 AM
well you always get reminded that this is the seventh in the series. 7, 7, 7, 7, 7 ,7 ,7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They should have stated we're the 7th furthest from the sun in this solar system we're in.

MJN SEIFER
01-29-2009, 09:03 PM
It could be a "theme" that Sqaure decided to put in. I have reason to believe that Sqaure like themes, at least in their later games (have to check the earlier ones), but I can remember that FFX had a lot of water related stuff for instance, and FFVIII had various references to feathers and flower fields (the appearance of lions might have been a minor theme too.) So maybe "7" was chosen to be a theme for FFVII...

Darkswordofchaos
01-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Did yall ever think that you might just be thinking to hard about this and its all purly coincidence?? The sqaur staff are plolly reading this going
"pshht, look at these crazies, they have no idea what they are talking about"

Then again there could be a vast 7's conspiricy we will never know

MJN SEIFER
01-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Did yall ever think that you might just be thinking to hard about this and its all purly coincidence?? The sqaur staff are plolly reading this going
"pshht, look at these crazies, they have no idea what they are talking about"

Then again there could be a vast 7's conspiricy we will never know

Probably, but it's more fun to assume it was intentional.

champagne supernova
01-30-2009, 05:43 PM
I think that it must have been an intentional decision made by the developers. The 7777 rage (or whatever it is) was definitely a conscious decision made by the developers. Why they did it, I don't know. Probably because it was the seventh game in the series. Although I'm sure it's actually a secret Illuminati scheme to entrap the entire world.

Darkswordofchaos
01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
maby all of those 7777's are hypnotizing us all to become a mindless army for the illuminati shadow government. or mabey it causes more people to buy the game.

Ifalna
02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
and more sevens...
Ifalna was held by ShinRa for 7 years

abrojtm
02-16-2009, 07:24 PM
The 7,777 rage mode (Lucky Sevens?) was because of slot machines that lined up 777 is sometime jackpot. Some of these 7's that y'all are stating are not even stated in the game. I could take any reoccuring number or theme and try to link it to some sort of theory or conspiracy if I wanted to.

Darkswordofchaos
02-16-2009, 09:59 PM
The 7,777 rage mode (Lucky Sevens?) was because of slot machines that lined up 777 is sometime jackpot. Some of these 7's that y'all are stating are not even stated in the game. I could take any reoccuring number or theme and try to link it to some sort of theory or conspiracy if I wanted to.

yeap that is very true, The number 23 anyone?

cloud21zidane16
02-16-2009, 11:39 PM
I like to think all the 7s are intentional. Another small point, Aeris final weapon has 7 materia slots:D

nik0tine
02-16-2009, 11:41 PM
It could be a "theme" that Sqaure decided to put in. I have reason to believe that Sqaure like themes, at least in their later games (have to check the earlier ones), but I can remember that FFX had a lot of water related stuff for instance, and FFVIII had various references to feathers and flower fields (the appearance of lions might have been a minor theme too.) So maybe "7" was chosen to be a theme for FFVII...

The question has been answered. It is a theme and themes are awesome. Every reference to the number 7 in this game adds to it.

Mercen-X
03-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Why is Vincent (coincidentally has 7 letters) 27 instead of 26 or 29?
Cloud is 21 (a multiple of 7) as would be Zack if he were still alive. I think he was 21 when he died. One of Zack's attacks in Crisis Core deals 15 hits. To a trio, it will deal 7 hits to two separate enemies and then 1 final (not worthwhile) hit to the last enemy.
Genesis coincidentally has 7 letters in his name.
I could have sworn Sephiroth's Masamune was supposed to be a 7-ft.-sword. Flub on that one.

Before Cid's rocket went wrong, at some point, Shera says "Tank Number 7 check is complete".

After being captured by Hojo, Ifalna escaped 7 years later with Aerith.

Marlene coincidentally has 7 letters in her name.

Zack and Aerith dated 7 years ago.

Tifa hasn't seen Cloud for 7 years.

Midgar - Midgard. According to the Norse mythology, it is the home of "man" one of the 7 races around at that time.

Aeris's best weapon has only 7 materia sockets.

In Bone Village, you can only have 7 diggers at a time.

At the Chocobo Ranch, you can only hold 7 chocobos. Also, chocobos can be found in 7 different areas of the World Map.

The monsters called Castanets, Custom Sweeper, Vargid Police, Elfadunk, Zemzelett, Levrikon and Forumla each have AP 7.

Rocket Lanucher (monster) drops 7 gil.

Striking Staff
Wiser Staff, Dragoon Lance, Force Stealer, Platinum Fist, Sniper CR, Boomerang and Wind Slash all have m. att. 7.

Tifa's final limit break, you will get 7 rolls to use and in Battle Arena, the limit number of the rolls is 7.

LIMIT Breaks performed 7 times to get attacks.
Tifa's Water Kick for Meteodrive.
Cloud's Blade Beam for Climhazzard.
Aerith's Healing Wind for Seal Evil.
Barret's Satellite Beam for Ungermax.
Red XIII's Blood Fang for Stardust Ray.
Cid's Boost Jump for Dynamite.
Yuffie's Landscaper for Bloodfest.

You are held in Junon for 7 days after your capture.

In Junon, one of the doors to get to Rufus (at the dock) is numbered 7.

In Mideel, a couple of guys talk about how Cloud was discovered 7 days ago washed ashore near the edge of town, and that he is currently in the hospital.

In the maze, the door at 7 o' clock brings you to the Trumpet Shell whose att is 68 (2 pts from 70).

Avalanche's hideout is in Sector 7 in Midgar
...and it is in a pub called "The Seventh Heaven".
The promise between Cloud and Tifa was made "7 years ago".
There are 7 types of Materia (if the Black and White Materias are included)
When Tifa passes out, she is asleap for 7 months, acording to Barret.
As you near the end of the game, it is said that Meteor will fall in about 7 days.
The 7 Squares in the Saucer.
If you are hurt in battle, and your HP lands on exactly 7777 that character will keep attacking and each hit will be 7777

Skyblade
03-03-2009, 01:21 AM
the true story begins seven years ago at Nimbleheim

The Nibelheim incident only occured 5 years before the game began.

MJN SEIFER
03-04-2009, 08:52 PM

I think he means the promise.

DarkBahamut
03-25-2009, 02:30 AM

The first part of the story we learn (the farthest thing in the past) is Tifa and Cloud's promise 7 years ago.