PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy to Celestial Mirror Help - WTF?

AileenFaced
01-26-2009, 03:40 PM
I know I must have reunited the husband and wife before, because the glowy-sparkle path is there, but there is still a person blocking the way to where I need to go to upgrade the mirror. To make matters worse, while trying to see if I could RE-reunite the husband and wife (so they can tell me about their missing child) I now can't find the husband ANYWHERE! The wife and little boy are hanging out by the save point being all "My husband/Dad was supposed to meet us here . . ." and the husband is missing from his post at the campsite!
Unless I haven't acutally been to the capmsite while looking for him then I don't know how to fix this :(
Please help me!

Depression Moon
01-26-2009, 08:07 PM
It's been a while since I've played, but I think he was at the save point at The Calm Lands.

AileenFaced
01-27-2009, 01:02 AM
I'll try that, and I hope I'm just a moron - thanks!

Alas, that is not where he is D:

Is there some point in the game when you can't get the celestial mirror or something?! I am now COMPLETELY confused because I somehow have Aruon's legendary weapon - unlocked and everything - but no celestial mirror! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?!?!?! T_T

Please do not post three times in a row, if you wish to add something to your post use the edit/delete button.

~Void

Goldenboko
01-29-2009, 05:43 PM
I wish I remembered how to do this =P

Wait, I'm confused, do you have the Cloudy Mirror?

AileenFaced
01-29-2009, 06:10 PM
I wish I remembered how to do this =P

Wait, I'm confused, do you have the Cloudy Mirror?
Yep, I have the cloudy mirror but I can't power it up to the celestial mirror cause of that dumb lady standing in the way.

Goldenboko
01-29-2009, 06:24 PM
To de-fog and charge your newly acquired magic mirror, talk to the mother and
son at the entrance of Macalania Woods. Find the father at the campsite,
speak to him, and he'll run off to be reunited with his family. Go back to the
entrance and speak with the mother and father again, and keep talking to them
until they mention their missing son. This may take 3 or 4 tries. After they
mention their son, head up the sparkly path to their left into the trees. Bear
north at the first fork, where the son should allow you passage if you talked
to his parents enough times. Show the Cloudy Mirror to the large ambrosia
salad-looking plant, who'll turn it into the Celestial Mirror. If there's a
woman blocking the path instead of the son, either a) you're not far enough
in the game yet, or b) you didn't talk to the parents enough times. With the
Celestial Mirror, you can now open chests and detonate the mandalas
protecting your ultimate weapons.

AileenFaced
01-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Here's the problem, I don't know where the husband is! The path is already there, but the wife is not with her husband and I can't find him. Also, I am certainly far enough in the game - god damn Cid and his stupid "final showdown" mantra whenever I need to go somewhere.

Goldenboko
01-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Here's the problem, I don't know where the husband is! The path is already there, but the wife is not with her husband and I can't find him. Also, I am certainly far enough in the game - god damn Cid and his stupid "final showdown" mantra whenever I need to go somewhere.

To de-fog and charge your newly acquired magic mirror, talk to the mother and
son at the entrance of Macalania Woods. Find the father at the campsite,
speak to him, and he'll run off to be reunited with his family. Go back to the
entrance and speak with the mother and father again, and keep talking to them
until they mention their missing son. This may take 3 or 4 tries. After they
mention their son, head up the sparkly path to their left into the trees. Bear
north at the first fork, where the son should allow you passage if you talked
to his parents enough times. Show the Cloudy Mirror to the large ambrosia
salad-looking plant, who'll turn it into the Celestial Mirror. If there's a
woman blocking the path instead of the son, either a) you're not far enough
in the game yet, or b) you didn't talk to the parents enough times. With the
Celestial Mirror, you can now open chests and detonate the mandalas
protecting your ultimate weapons.

AileenFaced
01-29-2009, 06:48 PM
He isn't there, either that or I must not be looking in the right place. D:

Goldenboko
01-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Where exactly are you looking?

AileenFaced
01-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Absolutely EVERYWHERE in Macalania, and still no husband

Lenne11120
02-02-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm sorry this is all I could find. It is where **SPOILER** trapped in the Via Purifico and then you have entered the Macalania woods that way.

You'll start at a campsite in a previously inaccessible section of Macalania Woods. Talk with your party members, save and head down. You can't go right, and if you go left Bevelle guards will chase you away. So head down and follow the path along, past Kimahri who won't say anything to you. You'll get to watch a really long sequence complete with music video cinematic. Afterwards, try to leave and Yuna will come with you back to the campsite. When you regain control, run back into the area you were in and check the left-hand side for a chest containing a Lucid Ring. Back at the crossroads you can go left and then left again to re-enter the main part of Macalania Woods, but otherwise follow where your party went to the right. You're at the entrance to the Calm Lands now. Take a look at the map, save, then head on up the slope, following the red arrow.

Lenne11120
02-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Wait here is something, you do have the airship Right??
After obtaining the Cloudy Mirror in the Calm Lands, get on the Airship and go to the Macalania Woods. Go straight until you see a mother and son. Speak to them to find out that the father is late. Go to the fork (where the guards are patrolling). Take the north fork and you will see the father. Speak with him, and he will run over to the rendezvous point. Go back and speak to the couple, now without a son, until they mention the son being gone. Look around for a sparkling path and go up. Locate the north end of it (where a women was blocking it) and go to the plant at the end. Press X to examine it, and it will charge the Cloudy Mirror into its final form, the Celestial Mirror. The mirror is needed to get the Ultimate Weapons

AileenFaced
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Wait here is something, you do have the airship Right??
After obtaining the Cloudy Mirror in the Calm Lands, get on the Airship and go to the Macalania Woods. Go straight until you see a mother and son. Speak to them to find out that the father is late. Go to the fork (where the guards are patrolling). Take the north fork and you will see the father. Speak with him, and he will run over to the rendezvous point. Go back and speak to the couple, now without a son, until they mention the son being gone. Look around for a sparkling path and go up. Locate the north end of it (where a women was blocking it) and go to the plant at the end. Press X to examine it, and it will charge the Cloudy Mirror into its final form, the Celestial Mirror. The mirror is needed to get the Ultimate Weapons
I appreciate the help, and I will check on this (just to be sure), but I am almost positive that the husband is not there - not anywhere it seems. I am thoroughly perplexed (what with having Aruon's legendary weapon unlocked and everything, even though I only have the cloudy mirror . . .)

AileenFaced
02-05-2009, 10:45 PM
OMFG!!!! I finally found him!!! I looooooooove you Lenne! No one had accurately explained (no faqs or anything!) how I was supposed to get to where the husband was!! Thank you sooooooooooooooo much! :love: