PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Class Hybrids

Cleric
01-27-2009, 03:15 AM
So I just started yet another new game, and I am thinking of some interesting class combinations. So far I am going to make a thief/chemist, and I am also thinking of monk/geomancer. I'm looking for some other interesting combos so give me your thoughts, and maybe some whys or strategies behind it.

Flying Mullet
01-27-2009, 01:46 PM
You could look into an Archer/White Mage for distance attacks and support.

VeloZer0
01-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Well, any magic class + draw out is quite useful. Especially helpful on Magic Classes that are lacking in offensive power to begin with. (Or equip it on a black mage and do rediculous damage)

And then there is always the deadly Ninja w/ 97 Brave, unarmed, with Accumulate and Martial Arts that ups unarmed damage. (For reference a lv1 Ninja would do 2x54=108 damage, and with successive accumulates 147, then 192 damage.) You might get tired of this one after a while, it does make the game a little too easy.

Adding Punch Arts to most melee classes is useful, with healing, reviving, and ranged attacks.

Addis Hellfire
01-27-2009, 11:24 PM
If you want the ultimate melee combatant, have a ninja or monk as base, and equip either two swords/dual wield or martial arts/(forgot alternate name) . . at one point (PS1 version) I had a character dealing 476 damage each hit!

For the ultimate overall "I KILL YOU" class combo, samurai with summoner - or vice versa. Instant buffs from Samurai (Kyomari ftw) and devestating, uber cheap and wide range spells from summoner.

Cleric
01-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Those are all really good ideas so far!

In this game right now, I have Ramza as a monk/geomancer.
I have random chick 1 as thief/chemist. Random chick 2 is black mage/summoner. Random dude is a Knight and I'm not too sure what else I want to do with him yet...Those are my main 4, and I am thinking my 5th wheel will be Agrias come chapter 2, and I'm not sure what I will do with her yet.