PDA

View Full Version : Lucky eight number

Serapy
01-28-2009, 01:12 AM
The eight number is considered lucky in Japan. The number means more and more successful as time goes.
Maybe this is the reason why the main characters didn`t die in the game.
Ultimecia is very powerful and yet people always survive everytime they encounter Ultimecia ... no matter what happens.

The Last Oath
01-28-2009, 03:49 AM
Yer, and in ff6 (bad luck) the world got re-configured by kefka.

And in ff7 (lucky 7), Sephiroth's attacks didnt effect CLoud in the last battle & Cloud recovered from Mako poisining... The numbers MUST have something to do with it. :)

Cyric
01-28-2009, 05:41 AM
Yer, and in ff6 (bad luck) the world got re-configured by kefka.

And in ff7 (lucky 7), Sephiroth's attacks didnt effect CLoud in the last battle & Cloud recovered from Mako poisining... The numbers MUST have something to do with it. :)

So, I guess that means EVERYBODY's going to die at the end of FF13. LOL...even though 13 is my lucky number. :)

Rocket Edge
01-30-2009, 02:08 AM
I can only imagine FF666.

MJN SEIFER
01-30-2009, 11:07 PM
If that's the case with the number 8, I wonder why Square didn't use it as much as they did with the number 7, in a previous game...

Mercen-X
03-03-2009, 12:22 AM
They used in the sense of the plot. Turn 8 on its side and it represents eternity. The characters experience the events of Ultimecia's unstoppable timeloop within which she is trapped.

By the way, 13 is consider lucky by some and unlucky by others... there's no way to know what will occur considering this.