PDA

View Full Version : favy music genre

Darkswordofchaos
01-28-2009, 01:13 AM
I was just wondering what all of yalls favorite music types were.

My favorit is classic Rock but i also really enjoy all types of rock cept for scremo metal.
I listin to anything good though

Psychotic
01-28-2009, 01:15 AM
Threads about music belong in the Lounge so I moved this one. ;)

Anyway yeah I'm all about the rock too. There is very little rock I do not like.

Tama2
01-28-2009, 01:16 AM
I can't decided what is my favorite. I can tell you I listen to a lot of different kinds of music.

Bunny
01-28-2009, 01:24 AM
Progressive Metal or Alternative Rock.

Depression Moon
01-28-2009, 01:53 AM
I listen to multiple genres, but my favorite would probably have to tie between Rap and R&B.

Montoya
01-28-2009, 01:57 AM
Black/symphonic metal, gothic/doom metal.

Momiji
01-28-2009, 02:36 AM
Alternative/indie rock, electronica, and a guilty pleasure of Japanese pop.

Moon Rabbits
01-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Adult contemporary.

Shiva_
01-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Eurodance, and various other forms of dance music

Laddy
01-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Reggae, World, New Age, Classical, Progressive Rock, Alternative Rock, Folk, Classic Rock, Contemporary Rock, Indie Rock, Psychedelic Rock, and Folk-Rock.

Disenchanted_Cynic
01-28-2009, 03:18 AM
Black/symphonic metal, gothic/doom metal.

You like Doom Metal? What are your favorite Doom bands? I really like Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass, but I can also enjoy Funeral Doom like Ahab.

For me, my favorite genres are Thrash/Speed and Death Metal, but I enjoy true Metal, of all forms.

Cuchulainn
01-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Indie Hip Hop, Hardcore Punk, Metalcore & Groove Metal. A smattering of electronica is ok too.

Shiny
01-28-2009, 04:38 AM
I can't decided what my favorite is either.

Moon Rabbits
01-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Indie Hip Hop

Indie hip hop and conscious rap is up there with other favorites of mine. I dig noise and house music a lot, too.

Anything experimental is usually pretty radical.

Cuchulainn
01-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Indie Hip Hop

Indie hip hop and conscious rap is up there with other favorites of mine. I dig noise and house music a lot, too.

Anything experimental is usually pretty radical.

Like you even more now.

escobert
01-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Hip Hop mainly.

trancekuja
01-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Nu metal & gothic rock

Caraliz
01-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Everything. Seriously.

I love Classical and Opera a lot (omg arias) though and Folk, Indie (mostly from canada actually) singer songwriter, acoustic, and Hip Hop/Rap, the most. So everything without a southern feel. My rap is the same. I don't like most southern rappers.

Rocket Edge
01-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Old-school & Underground Rap, Trance & Electronica mainly. I enjoy listening to anything thats good in a genre.

Spatvark
01-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Ska-Punk. Can't help but get my happy on when I listen to that stuff. I listen to a bit of everything, but Punk and Metal are the predominant styles in my music collection, with Ska-Punk sitting on top.

Balzac
01-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Currently Death Metal. But I like all kinds of stuff, from classical to punk to opera.

Spiffing Cheese
01-28-2009, 08:26 PM
I don't really have a favourite genre, I like everything. :p Everything, that is, except for emo, gothic :skull::skull::skull::skull: and metal, which I absolutely cannot stand.

Cuchulainn
01-28-2009, 09:23 PM
I don't really have a favourite genre, I like everything. :p Everything, that is, except for emo, gothic :skull::skull::skull::skull: and metal, which I absolutely cannot stand.

I detest the fact people still have not caught on to the fact emo to describe moody kids with sculptured hair over their faces, dark clothes, Vans, Makeup & MCR/Alesana on their ipods is a misnomer. True emo kids wear tank tops, thick glasses & listen to Sunny Day Real Estate.

Moon Rabbits
01-28-2009, 09:34 PM

I detest the fact people still have not caught on to the fact emo to describe moody kids with sculptured hair over their faces, dark clothes, Vans, Makeup & MCR/Alesana on their ipods is a misnomer. True emo kids wear tank tops, thick glasses & listen to Sunny Day Real Estate.

Aren't the former called "scene" kids or whatever.

Either way, both subcultures are equally detestable imho.

Cuchulainn
01-29-2009, 01:23 PM

Aren't the former called "scene" kids or whatever.

Either way, both subcultures are equally detestable imho.

No no, I'm a child of the 90s, they were definately emos. See diagram or old pictures of the previous owner Sean for a reference;

http://www.dobi.nu/yourscenesucks/prehistoric/scene.jpg

Depression Moon
01-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to add video game music as well, but what's the proper term for that because eventhough there aren't as many video games songs that i enjoy compared to the other genres I listen to, the ones that I do like I give them full-fledged 9 and 10s.

Zeldy
01-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Progressive Metal or Alternative Rock.

:spin: