PDA

View Full Version : WTH? square You're supposed to be working on XIII

Depression Moon
01-28-2009, 02:25 AM
Mystery URL At Japanese Microsoft Site Suggests 360 Final Fantasy IV: News from 1UP.com (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172495)

TyphoonThaReapa
01-28-2009, 02:32 AM
Lol, A'yo, Microsoft wins again...bastards...:rolleyes2

Bahamut2000X
01-28-2009, 02:34 AM
Ya SE sucks at keeping their teams focused.

The FFXI staff is working on 1-2 other games on top of FFXI.

Rostum
01-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Uh, yeah, you do realise Square-Enix has more than a few teams working on different projects at once, right? There is no reason for thinking that "SE sucks" for "not keeping their teams focused". However, I'm still not really interested in this sequal; though that news article doesn't say much at all. It's pretty much "Hayguyz, lolz we found an URL so IT MUST BE FF4-TWOZ!lol!11one".

Magixion
01-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Hidden agendas and slip ups ftw. Though this would be fantastic news, being a 360 owner and wanting to play this sequel, because FFIV was simply awesome.

Flying Mullet
01-28-2009, 03:36 PM
WTH? square You're supposed to be working on XIII
Actually, they're supposed to be making money.

Bunny
01-28-2009, 03:46 PM
WTH? square You're supposed to be working on XIIIActually, they're supposed to be making money.

LIES! SLANDEROUS LIES!

Goldenboko
01-28-2009, 04:34 PM
...<3

Captain Maxx Power
01-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Apox on Square and their commitment to bring their products to countries outside of Japan. Curse them I say!

Crimson
01-28-2009, 06:36 PM
No

No.

NO

NO!!!!

Square you've done some LOW things in your time but for the love of god dont tarnish Final Fantasy IV of all games by mingling it with the dreaded Microsoft.

Depression Moon
01-28-2009, 07:05 PM
WTH? square You're supposed to be working on XIIIActually, they're supposed to be making money.
XIII=money

Momiji
01-28-2009, 07:29 PM
XIII=money

You do realize that there is more to Square than Final Fantasy, right? They make other games too, even if Final Fantasy is their main franchise.

Even still, I find nothing wrong with this. I was pretty upset when I heard that FFIV: The After was exclusive to mobile phones, so this is my chance to play it if this all is true, and has the unlikely chance of making it overseas.

Depression Moon
01-28-2009, 08:18 PM
XIII=money

You do realize that there is more to Square than Final Fantasy, right? They make other games too, even if Final Fantasy is their main franchise.

Even still, I find nothing wrong with this. I was pretty upset when I heard that FFIV: The After was exclusive to mobile phones, so this is my chance to play it if this all is true, and has the unlikely chance of making it overseas.
Of course I know that you've seen my posts in general square related threads. That's just messed up though that they keep doing this. I wouldn't do this to my fans. Keep on cringing their anger for the release of an anticipated game and release side spin off or remake stuff that people care less about.

Goldenboko
01-28-2009, 08:22 PM
XIII=money

Of course I know that you've seen my posts in general square related threads. That's just messed up though that they keep doing this. I wouldn't do this to my fans. Keep on cringing their anger for the release of an anticipated game and release side spin off or remake stuff that people care less about.

It's not messed up at all! Square enix has fans of FFIV, fans of FFIV like this. What would be messed up if the game WASN'T released outside of Japan, because then they've let the fans overseas down. Square Enix is an extremely large company, they cannot just focus on one new project.

Unstoppable Pig
01-28-2009, 08:45 PM

But nowadays its mostly FF-games. Back in Squaresoft they made much more other games than just FF games. Now they just like to milk the franchise with FF7 compilations and multiply versions of one game. XIII is already getting three different games? I know they have different story but I bet they made those that you have to buy them all so the story makes more sense.

Bunny
01-29-2009, 12:13 AM

But nowadays its mostly FF-games. Back in Squaresoft they made much more other games than just FF games. Now they just like to milk the franchise with FF7 compilations and multiply versions of one game. XIII is already getting three different games? I know they have different story but I bet they made those that you have to buy them all so the story makes more sense.

It would appear that they have several non-FF games in the works. Including another MMO, several Kingdom Hearts-related games, several Dragon Quest games, a Star Ocean game, and a third entry into the Parasite Eve series. The non-FF games they are working on far outweigh the FF games in the works.

As far as FFXIII goes, I don't know much about the story, but it would seem that they are separate entries dealing with similar mythologies. It doesn't sound like they require you to play all three in order to understand the storyline of one, but that you have a better grasp on the overall story if you play all three games.

Momiji
01-29-2009, 01:50 AM
XIII=money

I strongly disagree. I don't think I could be anticipating XIII any less right now, and I happen to care a lot about remakes, since the ones they've been remaking lately are from back when I personally feel the franchise was at its prime, and the ones I happen to prefer more. And besides, it's the person's decision to get angry at a company who is 1) known for milking their franchise for all it's worth (hellooooo, VII spinoffs and Ivalice Alliance) and 2) doing what companies do to stay in business-- make money. There's nothing messed up about it, and like mentioned earlier, it's not like Square Enix is one entity working on one project. There's still a section of the company who is taking care of the oh-so-anticipated XIII, but there's also the section working on remakes, rereleases, and sequels/spinoffs.

Depression Moon
01-29-2009, 02:49 AM
I can't relate to the milking of VII because I didn't even really care for the original game much in the first place and I've only played XII from Ivalice, but I heard that all the games related to it are good. I know Square's a company that wants to make money,but there are plenty of companies that make plenty profit from not doing such exposures. I just all in all want them to bring XIII here or some news explaining there assumed released, because a lot of people are wondering what new life and story the next FF installment can bring to the world.

Goldenboko
01-29-2009, 03:22 AM
I just all in all want them to bring XIII here or some news explaining there assumed released, because a lot of people are wondering what new life and story the next FF installment can bring to the world.

And maybe I just want my FFIV sequel. Companies don't run around what YOU want ;)

Jessweeee♪
01-29-2009, 03:32 AM
1. They can multitask!
2. I would totally play a X-3. Even if it had Nooj's ugly face in it.
3. 360 Versus release plz.

Momiji
01-29-2009, 03:50 AM
I just all in all want them to bring XIII here or some news explaining there assumed released, because a lot of people are wondering what new life and story the next FF installment can bring to the world.

And maybe I just want my FFIV sequel. Companies don't run around what YOU want ;)

I still don't know how they're going to continue the story of FFIV, but I feel obligated to at least check it out, since FFIV is my time-tested favorite. :p

Goldenboko
01-29-2009, 03:57 AM

I still don't know how they're going to continue the story of FFIV, but I feel obligated to at least check it out, since FFIV is my time-tested favorite. :p

Basically the same on the bolded part, which is why I'm excited.

Roogle
01-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh, I think this might be an Arcade Live version of Final Fantasy IV The After like the article suggests. I believe developers said that they were done with Final Fantasy IV for now other than looking into bringing that sequel overseas.

Takara
01-30-2009, 08:41 AM

That sequel ruined FFIV for me. :(

The Man
01-30-2009, 09:15 AM
I honestly felt like FFIV was the only entry of the series that actually justified a sequel. Zeromus even went so far as to imply he'd come back, and there were a lot of unresolved issues with, for example, Cain's character arc. I'd probably be fairly excited for this if I owned a 360.

Bunny
01-30-2009, 04:40 PM
After reading the wikipedia article for the original sequel, I can honestly say that the story to this game is equal parts interesting and terrible.

Takara
02-02-2009, 10:13 AM
After reading the wikipedia article for the original sequel, I can honestly say that the story to this game is equal parts interesting and terrible.

My favourite (note the sarcasm here) part of the sequel: Kain ditching the Dragoons and joining the Red Wings.

Character concepts getting tossed out of the window. Woo!

Old Manus
02-02-2009, 10:24 AM
WE WILL KEEP RELEASING FFIV ON EVERY POSSIBLE GAMES CONSOLE UNTIL THE WHOLE WORLD HAS PLAYED IT

sdm42393
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
My ignorant opinion: I blame Enix.

The Man
02-02-2009, 12:17 PM
On a serious note, all the sequels probably are an inevitable result of the departure of Sakaguchi, although then again they did FFX-2 before he left.

Ultima Shadow
02-02-2009, 06:46 PM
As long as my smexy Rydia's still in it, I'm happy. :greenie:

Jessweeee♪
02-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Well I certainly won't be playing it xD

I just really didn't like they way they made sure you never had more than six in your party by making everyone pretend/almost die and then come back. And then kill Tellah for real.

Tevious
02-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Some of you seem to be under the impression that one of Square Enix's teams are working on this project. Final Fantasy IV - The After is being developed by Matrix Software (just like the FF4 DS remake was). The only person from Square Enix that I think is at all involved in this is Takashi Tokitaka.

They're probably looking into ways to bring it over to the US, being that it's a Japanese cell phone game.