PDA

View Full Version : RESTRAINT

Yar
01-30-2009, 02:20 AM
So, Saggy-sag-sag-saggerton recently posted this:
Peaches are greater than everything. I think they are my favorite fruit.

I think.I was going to make a joke, but I figured, "nah, I'd better not. I've been picking on Nsyg a bit too much lately. :("

TOPIC- Do you ever have to restrain yourself from cracking a joke? :roll2

Goldenboko
01-30-2009, 02:26 AM
I was going to make a joke, but I figured, "nah, I'd better not. I've been picking on Nsyg a bit too much lately. :("

...What the smurf are you?

Yes, often I just skip the restraint though :p

Moon Rabbits
01-30-2009, 02:54 AM
Yes, but usually I fail miserably and make a really inappropriate joke about someone's mother. Usually I don't know that someone too well, either.

Jessweeee♪
01-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Yes, but only to avoid sarcastic remarks from the jerkwads that don't like to let me have fun. It's annoying.

Lawr
01-30-2009, 03:11 AM
I don't mind, Yars, do not restrain yourself.

I've restrained myself so many times from getting angry that I forgot what it was like to be truly angry anymore. Win/Win situation for all!

Yar
01-30-2009, 03:13 AM
I don't mind, Yars, do not restrain yourself.

I've restrained myself so many times from getting angry that I forgot what it was like to be truly angry anymore. Win/Win situation for all!I pretty much forgot it now... :(

Lawr
01-30-2009, 03:22 AM
Bummer, I was really expecting this one to be good too!

Cloud Strife-78-
01-30-2009, 03:27 AM
I usually do...because the people i'm around
usually don't have a sence of humor.
or i might be picking on someone to much.
i kinda forgot what it is like to
be funny..... :( :mad:

blackmage_nuke
01-30-2009, 04:14 AM

Online : I use to but not as much now because I get the feeling no-one cares about my posts anyway.

Offline : A few times but I'll usually whisper them to a friend.

LunarWeaver
01-30-2009, 04:19 AM
I carry around an old Asian woman with poor English to tell all my jokes for me because it's funnier coming from foreigners. I have no control over when she says them!

Vermachtnis
01-30-2009, 04:22 AM
I do online all the time. I try to be on my best behavior when typing.

But in real life, Psh! Nope. I wish I could though, I have had too many instances of foot in mouth. It's probably because I get a chance to think. I mean in real life it goes from my head to my mouth. But online it goes from my head to my fingers to the screen and I can look at it before I submit it :p

Yar
01-30-2009, 04:40 AM
Online : I use to but not as much now because I get the feeling no-one cares about my posts anyway.No, please don't stop! :( Your posts are some of the few that actually make me laugh out loud.

Athena Shadowraven
02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
I was in a cab today, and the driver was this Indian dude with a turban (think Ranjeet from Mind Your Language), when my brother called me and talked to me in an Indian accent (he didn't know the driver was Indian). I couldn't talk back like an Indian to him cos the driver'd probably kill me. :(

Bunny
02-01-2009, 09:38 PM
The topic of this thread disappoints me.

scrumpleberry
02-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Stopping myself getting lost in wikipedia dammit.

Balzac
02-02-2009, 12:29 AM
I never stop myself. I shoot from the hip and hit like a sniper.

Spatvark
02-02-2009, 12:56 AM
All the time. I'd have been banned from EoFF so many times over for the stuff I feel like saying. I'm really not a very nice person.

Rye
02-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Not prticularly i just tell jokes whether theiy're about others or myself especially myself. i restrain myself well twhen i'm angry though like rtight now i could yell at my friends right now and send angry texts but i'm not ebven though they hurt me so much i'm so nice.

Tavrobel
02-02-2009, 03:24 AM
Only in real life.

Or when it sucks. This happens pretty often, actually.

Momiji
02-02-2009, 04:11 AM
I only restrain myself when I know not doing so will get me in trouble.

kikimm
02-02-2009, 05:14 AM
All the time. :p Online, but probably the most at work, obviously. Man, sometimes keeping quiet at work is so hard, especially when laughter is all that can keep you sane after dealing with a :skull::skull::skull::skull: of a customer. :|

eestlinc
02-02-2009, 05:30 AM
soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend: I feel like I am a lot more committed to this relationship than you are.

restrained me: Oh, that's not true. We just express our commitment differently blah blah blah.

what I should have said: Finally! You figured it out!

.:kerrod:.
02-02-2009, 05:30 AM
I tend to restrain myself a lot (both online and offline :p) because my friends and I are very, very crude and the average person would probably highly offended/disgusted by what we find hilarious. :D I've had to restrain myself even more recently because I'm still on holidays (before university starts) and so I'm around my family a lot, and if they heard some of the things I've said/joked about, they would be none too happy :tongue:

EDIT: While I do restrain myself, I do the opposite when I'm actually with my friends, whipping out crude and offensive comments like they're going out of fashion.

Jiro
02-02-2009, 10:32 AM
My jokes always sound much better in my head, probably because they are elaborate and would require my brain to work out. I tend to have a reserved sense of humour around most people though, so on the odd occasion where I make sense, it's not rude yet still funny.

smittenkitten
02-02-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm terrible, I try and hold it in but eventually I blurt it out and then regret it later. :eep:

Loony BoB
02-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Nobody gets my jokes. :(

Denmark
02-02-2009, 02:15 PM
I need to exercise just a teensy bit more restraint than I currently do.

Lawr
02-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Nobody gets my jokes. :(

I do sometimes! :D

Darkswordofchaos
02-02-2009, 10:49 PM
What is this restraint you speak of

Laddy
02-03-2009, 12:28 AM
If I didn't I'd be banned by now.

Fonzie
02-03-2009, 01:49 AM
I typically say what's on my mind, for better or for worst.

Nyxcronus
02-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I can restrain myself, but depending on how funny I find it... I may laugh at it myself, and then the surrounding people start to want to know what I'm laughing about.

Laughing at your own jokes, though, is another topic on its own ;(